Status
Not open for further replies.

wellwell1707

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

so my vcmod isn't working since yesterday i tried reinstalling it and it still didn't help

Violence

Banned
Banned
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Firstly I'd just like to say that this falls under Technical Support so in future post in that section of the forums.
Secondly, I haven't experienced any failings with vcmod and you state that it "isn't working" could you explain abit more maybe provide screenshots of console logs, describe what happens do you manage to get into the server, does the game crash etc.

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

Type !vcmod in chat to open VCMod settings. You can not "reinstall" VCMod as you're only downloading the content via our workshop content pack. The installation itself is on our server.

wellwell1707

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Firstly I'd just like to say that this falls under Technical Support so in future post in that section of the forums.
Secondly, I haven't experienced any failings with vcmod and you state that it "isn't working" could you explain abit more maybe provide screenshots of console logs, describe what happens do you manage to get into the server, does the game crash etc.

this is what it shows if its too blurry to read i typed it in the description

wellwell1707

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Type !vcmod in chat to open VCMod settings. You can not "reinstall" VCMod as you're only downloading the content via our workshop content pack. The installation itself is on our server.
i did it a couple of times threw out the day but still the same result

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

i did it a couple of times threw out the day but still the same result
Try deleting all of your addons and starting Garry’s mod again.
Upon restart (after deleting all addons from: steam apps/Garry’sMod/garrysmod/addons folder) it will reinstall addons onto your game and you should be able to rejoin the server. Even if you don’t have all addons, ensure that your multiplayer settings (gmod main menu- options- multiplayer) accept all custom files from the server you’re joining.

If that does not work, unsubscribe from all workshop addons, delete the game itself (and all files inside of it) and reinstall as if you just got the game.
After, subscribe to the content pack again, load in, see if that works.
- memorize vital settings
-video settings
-sensitivity
-FOV
-Audio
-anything else personalized to your liking.

Zynthax

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Upon restart (after deleting all addons from: steam apps/Garry’sMod/garrysmod/addons folder) it will reinstall addons onto your game and you should be able to rejoin the server. Even if you don’t have all addons, ensure that your multiplayer settings (gmod main menu- options- multiplayer) accept all custom files from the server you’re joining.

If that does not work, unsubscribe from all workshop addons, delete the game itself (and all files inside of it) and reinstall as if you just got the game.
-video settings
-sensitivity
-FOV
-Audio
Chill out.
VCMod is a thing that is outside the hands of the staff... Unless nobody else is having any other issues, you should try what Sack is saying, try asking people in the server.

wellwell1707

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

-video settings
-sensitivity
-FOV
-Audio
didn't work but thanks for trying to help me

wellwell1707

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

i found this in the console :
Attempting to create unknown particle system 'VC_Engine_Smoke'

Attempting to create unknown particle system 'Car_Explosion'

Violence

Banned
Banned
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

i found this in the console :
Attempting to create unknown particle system 'VC_Engine_Smoke'

Attempting to create unknown particle system 'Car_Explosion'

From your video there appears to be no engine smoke from your vehicle or the damage indicator on the right which looks to me that your car has exploded however vcmod isn’t indicating anything about it.

Is it only your car that this happens to or say for example if you got into someone else’s car does everything seem normal. Again I haven’t experienced anything wrong with Vcmod so I haven’t got a fix for this at all so try what Sack said for now maybe your console log can help with someone else’s reply.

wellwell1707

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

From your video there appears to be no engine smoke from your vehicle or the damage indicator on the right which looks to me that your car has exploded however vcmod isn’t indicating anything about it.

Is it only your car that this happens to or say for example if you got into someone else’s car does everything seem normal. Again I haven’t experienced anything wrong with Vcmod so I haven’t got a fix for this at all so try what Sack said for now maybe your console log can help with someone else’s reply.
its like this for all vehicles and i tried what sack told and it didn't work i'll look in the console to see if i missed something that could help me fix it

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

its like this for all vehicles and i tried what sack told and it didn't work i'll look in the console to see if i missed something that could help me fix it
If nothing I suggested worked there’s really nothing that could be wrong. Reinstalling the addons and such, especially with a fresh install of Garry’s mod should fix anything and everything.
- Are you using any betas?
- Are you updated to the latest version?
- Have you tried other vehicles in-game
- Other servers with VCMOD?

wellwell1707

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

If nothing I suggested worked there’s really nothing that could be wrong. Reinstalling the addons and such, especially with a fresh install of Garry’s mod should fix anything and everything.
- Are you using any betas?
- Are you updated to the latest version?
- Have you tried other vehicles in-game
- Other servers with VCMOD?
yes i have the cromuim beta and yes it is updated and i did try other vehicles

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

yes i have the cromuim beta and yes it is updated and i did try other vehicles
Try removing the chromium beta. I started to have little errors with it so I got rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.