Your Steam Name: jColborn
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:445364752
Your Character Name: Jimmy Jimson

Ban Length: 3 Days
Banning Staff Member (@AdminName to mention the staff member): @Stuvi

Ban Reason: RDM, Player Report
Time of Occurrence: Some time last night, 12/15/2018
Relevant Evidence:

(taken from the person reporting me's perspective)
Additional members involved/witnessing: My friend who started the shooting, Ethan Johnson.

As you can see in the video, my friend opened fire on the Lieutenant first, as he pointed his weapon at me, off safety. That IS initiation. Also, the person recording the video was basically harassing me over the mask, constantly asking me to take it off, however I understand that him asking me to take off the mask is not enough alone to initiate on him. Our main justification is about the Lieutenant pointing his rifle at me, and we had to kill the police officer because he pulled out his weapon and opened fire on us, and he witnessed us committing a serious, code-red crime. We got shot in the back by detectives afterwards.

My friend was banned as well for the same time, as you can see in the initial player report. Here's his information:
Your Steam Name: Falloutgamingz
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:214406774
Your Character Name: Ethan Johnson

This was denied by Stuvi, this is his response. I would like to point out how we were not breaking the rules. 1545004235906.png
My friend, FalloutGamingz, who also got banned submitted his own appeal afterwards and pointed out a few key reasons for us to be unbanned. I would also like to add onto my previous explanation.
At the time, I had no idea that police can force you to drop and destroy masks, as this had never happened to me before. You can tell that I'm protesting it and telling him that he's not allowed to do that, and if it went on I would have made a report. Also, about the cop baiting, if a police officer tells me to take off my mask, I take it off. I wear the mask everywhere, with my name Jimmy Jimson, so people who I haven't introduced myself to can see my name. Also, about the FearRP, the Lieutenant was in a different situation and failed to keep his weapon trained on me for more than 3 seconds, and the police officer did not have his gun out. I'm also going to point out that my friend, the one who started the shooting, was not at gunpoint at ANY time during the situation. On rule 5, of the PvP section, it states the following:
"You may not kill police officers unless you have a valid roleplay reason to do so. These could include, but is not limited to, visibly carrying illegal weapons or visibly performing an illegal activity. These reasons depend on the context. If police are attempting to initiate an arrest on you while you are carrying hidden illegal items in your inventory, that is a valid reason to kill them."
I had an illegal item on me, and even after I took it off, the officer continued to harass me over it, and would definitely eventually go to arresting me. We shot the lieutenant first because first of all, of course, he was a bigger threat to us than the officer, but he also had pointed his weapon at, and threatened, me. If I had my car near, I would have tried to run and drive away, but I couldn't. My friend and I were not cop baiting, and I was completely unaware that the police can force you to destroy your mask. I find it disappointing that you closed my friend's appeal without even looking at it, and failed to give a reason for the denial. Stuuvi, do not move this until you have at least one other staff member's input, and give a valid reason reason for why we should stay banned, and it should be reinforced by the rules. I'm also going to point out that my friend, FalloutGamingz, has never been banned before. Monolith is our favorite server, please don't take it away from us.

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

Denied. Stop appealing this ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.