• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.

Law Ideas/Brainstorming

Dec 24, 2018
Thought I'd make a thread as just a general post for brainstorming/submitting law ideas for Mayors to pass, that fall within the realm of practical, as well as allowed, functioning as maybe a cheat sheet for future Mayors in regards to laws or something similar to that effect.

To start, I suppose the most obvious one tends to be trial laws, guaranteeing the right to a trial or at the least, to request a trial. I usually also add the stipulation that trials will not occur during Emergency States, for my own safety, as well as just not placing too much stress on the PD when they're already dealing with a situation/high crime.

Additionally, while I don't personally do it, there are also laws regarding changing the punishments for certain crimes or adding/reducing sentencing for crimes, for example making First Degree Murder and/or Treason punishable by death or increasing the penalty for crimes like Jay-walking.

Most importantly I want to hear other people's ideas though and the kind of laws they tend to go for or would overall recommend to other Mayors to implement in future terms.

Violence

Oct 20, 2018
  • AR-15 Rifles are permitted on Private Property with a gun license (If questioned by Police you must show proof of license and ownership of land).
  • All Paralake Citizens have the right to an attorney during Police Questioning
  • Miranda Rights must be read before being questioned / charged by Police - Failure to do so will result in an instant release without charge.
  • Law Enforcement Officers may not step foot on Private Land unless the Owner has given permission to do so.
  • Law Enforcement Checkpoints may only be approved by the Mayor or Chief in strategic locations
I just randomly thought of these off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2017
The Netherlands
steamcommunity.com
Civilians acting suspiciously in the Mayors proximity may be subject to Stop & Search by Police or Secret Service
pretty sure this would be against the rules "
You may not perform random searches unless you have suspicions or concrete evidence of crimes being committed. Don'ts:
  • Police Department: e.g. searching someone that visits the drug dealer NPC location frequently.
  • Secret Service: e.g. searching someone that comes close to the mayor.
  • Security Guard: e.g. searching someone entering the bank or gas station."

Dec 24, 2018
  • Law Enforcement Checkpoints may only be approved by the Mayor or Chief in strategic locations
As someone who really hates poorly run checkpoints as a citizen, Mayor and police officer, I really like this idea and will probably implement it next time I'm Mayor.

Violence

Oct 20, 2018
pretty sure this would be against the rules "
You may not perform random searches unless you have suspicions or concrete evidence of crimes being committed. Don'ts:
  • Police Department: e.g. searching someone that visits the drug dealer NPC location frequently.
  • Secret Service: e.g. searching someone that comes close to the mayor.
  • Security Guard: e.g. searching someone entering the bank or gas station."
Ok mr :scuffy: the more u know the better.

Jun 24, 2017
New Zealand
These listed laws everyone has written are basically altered from the current ones in effect.
Please note im not shitting on any of your ideas, just pointing out flaws

guaranteeing the right to a trial or at the least, to request a trial.
Under the Monolith rights in Rommels Law book, you may be granted a lawyer based on the arresting officer. In my opinion, not every time is it possible to hold a trail for a number of reasons; regarding the attitude aggressiveness of the criminal, situations ongoing elsewhere, etc. Majority of the time the criminal is freaking out cursing at the officer and making their job harder than it needs to be.

Additionally, while I don't personally do it, there are also laws regarding changing the punishments for certain crimes or adding/reducing sentencing for crimes, for example making First Degree Murder and/or Treason punishable by death or increasing the penalty for crimes like Jay-walking.
Mayor Rule 5.3.3 details the rules around this.

All Paralake Citizens have the right to an attorney during Police Questioning
Again it is already set in the Law Book, permanent laws cannon be amended as far as I'm aware, it is situational whether an
officer will allow it or not... And yes there are bad cookies in the PD, report it to staff tbh if you have a cop Fail RPíng.

Law Enforcement Officers may not step foot on Private Land unless the Owner has given permission to do so.
Pushing it with this one lol, but its understandable.

Law Enforcement Checkpoints may only be approved by the Mayor or Chief in strategic locations
Im sure we'd all love not seeing toxic manned checkpoints, personally id blame the current map for being very tight, Truenorth is more open and should be better for these types of RP scenes.

Top Bottom