Awards

Years of Mono

LV

logo.png
Spread Your Story
LockDown Edition
(Life on Lockdown)
Hey Everyone!

I hope everyone is safe and doing well in these lockdown times around the globe, as some of you may know many countries are relaxing on their lockdown measures to hopefully return back to normal, during this lockdown it's been hard for everyone whilst locked at home or abroad which has brought out many systemic issues in the world too.

I would like everyone to reflect on their time under lockdown and spread your story of how lockdown has been treating you. So how was the 2020 Corona Virus Lockdown for you?

Dobarion

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

As I posted the thread, I'm also going to respond to my own question...

In a lockdown, it's been definitely a strange ordeal, being a student it's been especially a confusing time with exams, qualifications and not being able to go out. I found as a self-proclaimed anti-social person at most I would rather watch Netflix than go to a club, I would say I miss the change in environment, working, home, education; the split in these environments allows me to balance out my life, and since lockdown, I've had to bundle them all into one environment which has affected many things which I'm not going to go into complete detail into but what I will say, not having the divide is super hard for productivity for workflow and since lockdown, it went from an 89% to a solid 42%...

Anyway, so how has lockdown been for you?

gm1003

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I finally had an excuse to stay inside instead of being anti social lol

But yeah in the united states everywhere is starting to open up again but my family and I are still staying inside, we haven't gone outside for like 3 months. It's been pretty nice staying with my parents again after I left for college in the fall but I miss all of the stuff before the virus like going outside to eat or the movies

Balldrip

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

well the best way to describe my experience is probably that i went from wanting to be outside of the house and hanging out with friends, but now i wanna just stay home and gives me an excuse to not hang out with some of my friends. i just tell them i’m worried that corona wave 2 is coming and they believe me.

it’s gonna take me a lil to get back to that outside hangout life

Sokolov

Awards

Years of Mono

LV

With just a little over a month of total lock down here in New Zealand I can say it was weird but annoying since I was just being offered a new job before it happened but overall nothing to much changed for me at least probably cause of me being more introverted so in reality I kinda enjoyed it for the first few weeks. However days did become a little monotonous and slow after a while.

Special thanks to the population of New Zealand for actually just sticking to the lock down laws/rules because now we are CORONA FREE! :cool:And every person within our borders can roam freely without social distancing, granted we keep our borders closed and no new cases appear but it has been 24 days since our last new case and we have no active cases left so its looking pretty good!

SwimmingBird

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Nice I just smoked weed the whole time and played monolith I lost 2 different jobs because of it, but doesn't affect me much, especially now that I have all my networking certifications.

Thy

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

Had to work overtime since day one of the lockdown due to a massive increase in workload during the crisis. So besides being more busy than usual and less people on the bus in the morning, I haven’t had any noticeable experiences. Both my parents caught it back in the beginning of may/end of April but luckily they were both fine.

JeffMaine

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

bruh so like the bathrooms outside my door, right, and thats a far distance. So I, the genius I am, got a bucket, and now I just go into my bucket whenever I feel like I need to go, right. And I knocked it over one time and now there is a giant stain on my apartment carpet bro

Ezsubnet - chris

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

the global situation is getting worse.
unfortuantly I have not had the luxary to be able to stay home.

I work in a food processing facility as an operational inspector
so working 6/7 nights a week.
wife is pregnant we already have a 3 y/o so need to provide eventhough the risk is great.
Canada offers money to people but they want you to pay it back once everything opens up.
I feel like that would cripple me financially so have no option but to work.

we are not allowed to talk to anyone at work and must say a minimum of 10ft apart
and not allowed near the wife or kid at home so the only real contact I have with anyone is via games or fb video chat..
even then most of my friends are back home in the uk and of course time difference is 7 hours communication is painful to say the least.

Life really sucks rn,

when ever anyone here is feeling low remember THIS WILL COME TO AN END SOONER OR LATER!
please do not risk your life for stupid stuff snacks etc

Agam

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I just sit at home playing games and making beats. It sucks that school wont be opening up cause I'm gonna miss labs in my science classes and being able to see my friends again. Not looking forward to a whole year of online schooling, its nice the first few times but imo its way more boring than being in a classroom

Hatchet Tazz

Banned
Banned
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

What's a lockdown? My life hasn't changed besides wearing a mask. Be an essential worker they said, it will be fun they said. Oh well, the stuff my company makes saves lives, so I guess it's gratifying.

That and being a dad of two, one is a newborn, life doesn't change much.

Credence

Mentor
Mentor
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

This is all true. A few months ago when the lockdown started my grandmother's dog was stolen and the dog's name was paddy. So my grandmother isn't really tech Savi and looked for the dog the old school way by calling a popular radio channel in our city. She got through to the radio show host and said "my paddy is missing he was took during the night" then the radio dj asks what age he was and my grandmother said 12. Then the radio show asks what was he doing out at night and my grandmother says he was out in the back garden that's where he sleeps and the radio host is shocked and asks why she was leaving her son sleeping outside and my grandmother realises he thought she was talking about her son lmaoooo. Anyway the dog was found but that was so funny

Ezsubnet - chris

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

This is all true. A few months ago when the lockdown started my grandmother's dog was stolen and the dog's name was paddy. So my grandmother isn't really tech Savi and looked for the dog the old school way by calling a popular radio channel in our city. She got through to the radio show host and said "my paddy is missing he was took during the night" then the radio dj asks what age he was and my grandmother said 12. Then the radio show asks what was he doing out at night and my grandmother says he was out in the back garden that's where he sleeps and the radio host is shocked and asks why she was leaving her son sleeping outside and my grandmother realises he thought she was talking about her son lmaoooo. Anyway the dog was found but that was so funny

Happy to hear that your family member has been returned :D

Zynthax

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Studying law is hard during lockdown.