Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Lgzr
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:31249181
Your Character Name: Logan Verelli

Ban Length: Permanent
Banning Staff Member (@AdminName to mention the staff member): @Broheim

Ban Reason: Exploiting
Unban Reason: “There was a group of staff members that used certain means at their disposal to confirm you and a large group of people were actually exploiting.” (PMX). It is true that the organization I was involved with at the time had a few members who used a bag-duplication exploit to achieve wealth. It is also true that once I was aware of the exploit, and who was using it I failed to inform administration. I had made a few transactions with these individuals, however I did so with the intent of maintaining trust and friendship which, at the time, meant more to me than the risk I was taking. The role I played in these transactions was no more than transfering money (achieved through the exploit) from alternative accounts, to the main accounts of the members involved. For the first few transactions I was unaware of the exploit, all I knew was that some random player would have X amount of money at Y location, and was told to keep my mouth shut (I was still relatively new to the organization). They kept me unaware of their source until they could trust me, and eventually they told me. I had always had my suspicions. Despite knowing the source of the money I continued to carry out transactions for members in the organization. I’ll admit, I did ask for ~20k each time I completed a transaction as a risk fee; to my knowledge the money they had given me was earned through legitimate means, we still spent a lot of time basing. I continued the transactions mainly because at the time I didn’t care how they got their money, and they were only doing it every couple of days and it never really impacted my game play. The majority of the individuals involved with the exploit were old time players of monolith that were still adjusting to major changes that were made since the last time they played, and as “veterans” they were probably feeling some entitlement. I can empathize with their reasoning to do the exploit, however the thought of getting caught was unsettling and real. I believed that, by not directly involving myself with exploit, that my punishment would be lesser than those that did.
The majority of the exploiters were banned around the same time that I was. This is where I believe a mistake was made in the staff teams judgement. After the final wave of permanent bans made by the staff team, three members of the organization who had taken part in the exploit were untouched (They were later banned for mass RDM). The people who walked away from punishment, had accumulated a good chunk of their wealth through the exploit. They got to skip the hassle of monolith’s level-based progression by taking advantage of an exploit which offered a solution to their lack of funds. Personally, as an experienced player with maxed farming, smelting and crafting, I had no problem getting money. I had accumulated millions through farming and gun crafting before knowing any of the members of the organization. I had spent the majority of my free-time during that summer growing my wealth through farming and gun crafting, it was good fun and I enjoyed the grind. The logs, without a doubt, will show a good amount of money flowing into me, however if you follow the money you will see that it always flows back out to the same group people that were in the organization. Despite Broheims statement “I know who traded with you” and “Who you traded with,” three of the people I had interacted with were never punished for exploiting. In my position, I had a reliable source of revenue that I achieved through patience and dedication, I had no reason to exploit. I suppose I would have been a little richer if I did, but I wouldn’t have the opportunity to clear my name 8 months after the fact. I’m not denying my knowledge and engagement I had with this group of exploiters. I am denying the accusation that I had used the exploit. I understand that while I didn’t exploit, not notifying administration of the exploit and those who used it is a violation of the rules.

If anymore information is needed, please let me know before making a final decision; of course that is entirely up to you.

Time of Occurrence: 7/30/2018
Additional members involved/witnessing:

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Locked for review.

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

This is denied. We take exploiting and purposely taking advantage of it very serious. Your intentions were clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.