Good Idea?

Gentoromus

Mentor
Mentor

Years of Mono

LV

So this isn't going into suggestions because I have my doubts considering I've suggested something simpler that didn't make it. I was talking to a friend in game and he brought up the topic of money laundering. I gave it a quick thought and came up with this. It would be a new thing that players could do to decrease random bs that takes place, could encourage roleplay and encourage more civs to work jobs as they would need to be legitimate business to clean money. It would give detectives more challenging work as well. Instead of just riding around as a plain clothes cop they would have to see if they could find the source of the counterfeit production. On top of all this the budget would increase and could possibly support pd during raids. On the flip side however to prevent too much money from circling the map at once it could be something like bitcoin there's only so much available and maybe only so many production machines (what ever that may be) allowed on the map at one time. Just brought this here first to see if this is even worth a suggestion or if it could get the support to suggest.

Burjersen

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

I think this has the potential to be something, but I don't believe it would encourage rp as cops are known to just raid people who have jobs tied to criminal activity in anyway (this is supported by the numerous times Ive been raided as a meth cook the second I remove a building sign from my base but before I can even buy the set up to make meth meaning no evidence for a raid is even plausible). If there was some way to fix this or work around it then I'd say put it into suggestions as it really has the potential to be something big and would even allow for the creation of large scale cartels that allow people to work together for a single, unjust cause.... Money :)

StewartJames

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I think this has the potential to be something, but I don't believe it would encourage rp as cops are known to just raid people who have jobs tied to criminal activity in anyway (this is supported by the numerous times Ive been raided as a meth cook the second I remove a building sign from my base but before I can even buy the set up to make meth meaning no evidence for a raid is even plausible). If there was some way to fix this or work around it then I'd say put it into suggestions as it really has the potential to be something big and would even allow for the creation of large scale cartels that allow people to work together for a single, unjust cause.... Money :)
+support for the suggestion. White collar crime would be hilarious and effective as rp without fragging.

Little confused by the above mate - we have neither a meth cook job nor building signs. You sure you have the right server?

Bob Santoro

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

+support
Could definitely be something and would be interesting. Like you said though it would have to be minimal in terms of money output because this could be farmed too easily otherwise and would be OP for making money.