Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Infinity
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:187372430
Your Character Name: Blake Johnson

Which Staff issued the Warning Point:
@SCOTTISH

Reason for the warning point(s): Rule: 2.3.1 : metagaming.

Why should the point(s) be removed:
So what happened Is I wanted to change my police car to a ford raptor so I went into the PD garage and went to the NPC Once it spawned I walked too it while I was holding E near the front ties the car then pinched me causing me to die. the User ElectricityMachine then asked in OOC chat "is the police chief afk". Because monolith is meant to simulate realism and normally when you die to a car pinch an admin would respawn you. I was under the impression that my death would be considered "OOC" because it could not happen in real life so it should not be able to happen in real life. so I replied in OOC "I died" and then later send the message " Before someone complains about meta I was car pinched so not a real death" Because I believed that being car pinched was a "voided" death and therefore becoming OOC I didn't think I broke the Rule: 2.3.1 because the rule states " Any IC information may not be provided in OOC. " so because I didn't think my death was IC because it was impossible to happen in real life. So I believed I didn't break this rule. I don't believe it should be warning points for this I do believe I broke a rule after further analyzing the situation I believe I should get a verbal warning instead because of this unusual situation and another thing Scottish said was " but sadly the information you provided of your characters death in OOC gave IC information to others which they shouldn't be aware of and I believe some users used that information to further benefit/inform themselves in character." so what he said is because I put information in OOC that other people have broken sever rules and it's my fault. the rule the other people broke is rule 2.3.1 " Any kind of information you gain via OOC may not be used IC "

Time of Occurrence: September 09 2020 04:23

Additional members involved/witnessing:
the date I no longer have recording because I delete it every Friday or my hard drive gets full
4:55 and 6:30

Read, understood, and followed warning point appeal rules?: Yes.

Dobarion

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

In regards to your Warning Point Appeal;

CC:
@Infinity

You were issued One warning point for Metagaming as defined in the rules as "Taking OOC to IC or vice-versa" and dealt with alongside a Player Report created, evidence provided (same video above) at 4:15 shows a user asking the question if the police chief (which the job you was on at the time) was AFK which you responded with you are dead, this information is posted in OOC is IC information as it's your character deaths, therefore revealing in character information (IC); logs do show you died to unidentified damage most likely meaning a car pinch (logs also show that there was some sort of vehicle crash/incident too) but this doesn't mean the situation was voided unless staff has confirmed this.

To note: You never leave character (IC) unless you have been taken to a SIT by a member of staff and therefore any situation that pursues is considered a roleplay/in-character situation unless proven by staff that it is unrealistic and therefore voided (only staff can do). I'm aware there was no staff online so this is a mistake made by you, it is a minor mistake but nonetheless all parties involved in the player report received punishment linked to the rules they violated and the effect to the situation from this.

I'm not going to dispute your Warning Points any further, a Senior Administrator or above shall review this appeal when able.

Kind Regards,

SCOTTISH
MRP Administrator
Monolith Servers

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Under review

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

As scottish explained, a character's death is in-character information, so you shouldn't talk about that in OOC chat. The same would apply for someone telling their friend over discord that they died and they should pick up their loot

You never leave character (IC) unless you have been taken to a SIT by a member of staff and therefore any situation that pursues is considered a roleplay/in-character situation unless proven by staff that it is unrealistic and therefore voided (only staff can do)
Couldn't have said it better myself

The warning point is valid, denied

Status
Not open for further replies.