Mis-use of "IRL Threat" accusations

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.
  • Are you interested in helping and being engaged in the community further? Apply for a Staff Position!

luckibandit

Monolith Newcomer
May 10, 2022
First of all, this is not an appeal, this is not an attack on any person(s) on monolith. This is simply a discussion regarding the definition of "Threat" and misuse of the word.

Legally, I did not threaten Austin. Simply stating that you hope someone dies is not considered a threat under any circumstance.
Clearly, there has to be some sort of bias for someone to ACTUALLY believe that I had actually threatened Austin in this clip.
Sure, what I said may be considered rude or unfaithful to certain parties under certain circumstances, but a bit of hurt feelings and a chip on their shoulder does not translate into threats. It's quite concerning that respected member(s) of staff do not fully understand what a threat entails.

"I will _ you" is a threat
"I'm gonna _ you if you dont _" is a threat

"I hope you _" Is NOT a threat.
"It'd be a lot cooler if you _" is NOT a threat

Staff Members on Monolith deserve to be better educated on topics such as "IRL threats" so that they may better deal/resolve arbitrary quarrels such as these.
Thanks!

Last edited:

The_Ghost_023

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Forum Moderator
Police Supervisor
Jun 12, 2021
Either way it’s still un acceptable behavior you shouldn’t be saying such things.

SpacedSloth

MRP Senior Administrator
MRP Senior Administrator
Media Creator
Jun 16, 2018
www.SpacedSloth.tv
Global Rules:
1: Please do not post anything which is inappropriate in a friendly community setting. This includes but is not limited to excessive profanity and sexual/illicit content. Hateful, threatening, provocative or vulgar content is not accepted in this community, nor is any content which infringes on copyright or violates any other applicable law(s).

Server Rules #1 & #2:
1: Your expected behaviour is not limited to the rules below. Use common sense: When in doubt if something you are doing might be against the rules, it could very well be. If you have any doubt, contact a staff member.

2: This community has respect as a core value; therefore, we ask that you treat everybody with respect and give them a chance to experience the community. Treat those the way you would want to be treated.

You said and I quote "You are a genuine c*cksucker and I hope you die IRL." the fact that you A: Don't apologize for this behavior. B: Defend it, and C: Argue it's "legally not a threat" is... Ridiculous? Absurd? Disconnected from baseline reality? I don't know what the right word or words for it is, but you're so caught up in the specifics of the word threat and being right about it "not being a threat" you glance over the fact that you wished death upon another human being over a Gerald's Modification Roleplaying Server. If you're that miffed about the technicality I'm sure we can unban and reban for the reason "Breaking Community Guidelines".

luckibandit

Monolith Newcomer
May 10, 2022
Global Rules:
1: Please do not post anything which is inappropriate in a friendly community setting. This includes but is not limited to excessive profanity and sexual/illicit content. Hateful, threatening, provocative or vulgar content is not accepted in this community, nor is any content which infringes on copyright or violates any other applicable law(s).

Server Rules #1 & #2:
1: Your expected behaviour is not limited to the rules below. Use common sense: When in doubt if something you are doing might be against the rules, it could very well be. If you have any doubt, contact a staff member.

2: This community has respect as a core value; therefore, we ask that you treat everybody with respect and give them a chance to experience the community. Treat those the way you would want to be treated.

You said and I quote "You are a genuine c*cksucker and I hope you die IRL." the fact that you A: Don't apologize for this behavior. B: Defend it, and C: Argue it's "legally not a threat" is... Ridiculous? Absurd? Disconnected from baseline reality? I don't know what the right word or words for it is, but you're so caught up in the specifics of the word threat and being right about it "not being a threat" you glance over the fact that you wished death upon another human being over a Gerald's Modification Roleplaying Server. If you're that miffed about the technicality I'm sure we can unban and reban for the reason "Breaking Community Guidelines".
Whoooooosh!~~

The_Ghost_023

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Forum Moderator
Police Supervisor
Jun 12, 2021
Whooooooooosh!~~
Bruh I get what you’re saying lmao I’m just stating even if it’s not a “threat” it’s still unacceptable to say you hope someone dies

Lamb

Monolith Addict
Jul 16, 2017
Richards 11
Threats should be avoided generally (whether IC or OOC), we don't need such hate in our lives especially during these times <3