Monohead (Monolith Launcher)

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.
  • Are you interested in helping and being engaged in the community further? Apply for a Staff Position!

Rondell

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Media Creator
Event Team
Aug 2, 2018
Pine County
Monolith Launcher has been updated :D!

Put the forums back on the launcher, like it previously used to be.
So you can now browse the forums, from the launcher, isn't that cool? Maybe?
a1.PNG

Added a extension library, where you can add additional features if you want it.
If you want to add more things and use it straight from the launcher, well now you can, right now there isn't anything available to allow anyone to make some custom extension to use with it, but if you created something Monolith related and want me to make it where you can use it straight from the launcher, hit me up Rondell#9451 on discord, here's a preview though, like @Parker 's Crafting Calculator.
a2.PNG
If you already downloaded it before, slap parker's app in the Monolith Launcher directory, and you can launch it directly from the launcher :D !

Such as this, here's a preview.
a3.PNG

There's some known bugs at the moment :(

The autoexec & cleanser tool found in the config page may work or may not work, I hadn't got around to fixing it yet because my GitHub is all messy at the moment and gotta clear bunch of stuff up and upload the source to the repo so you can check it out and contribute if you want to.

Also, Profile Pictures aren't showing on the forums using Monolith Launcher, I don't know why its doing that for, but I'm working on a fix for that as well.

Wanna download it?
You don't gotta, you can pretend to like it, or you can check it out and tell me what you think of it or what could be added to it.
its available to download here https://github.com/Rondell9451/Monolith-Launcher-Rebuild/releases/tag/3.0.0.0

• Love
Reactions: John Leonard

Rondell

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Media Creator
Event Team
Aug 2, 2018
Pine County
I've updated the Monolith Launcher again

Implemented Chromium to the Monolith Launcher
Instead of using the old internet explorer 6, which was slow, and restricted, now using Chromium, and its a zooming.. + it looks prettier.

Fixed the automatic update feature.

It was part of the messy github stuff, but I fixed the updater, so future updates the launcher will update itself without having to go and manually download & replace each & every time there's an update.

Where can I download it?
Say no more, visit https://github.com/Rondell9451/Monolith-Launcher-Rebuild/releases/tag/3.0.0.0-hotfix and download the Monohead.zip file.

Now I'll be moving on to the more useful and important parts, the Autoexec & Cleanser Tool, those need to be fixed so you can keep your game squeaky clean, well I don't know about squeaky clean, but hopefully get it standing back on its last leg because source-engine is getting up their in it age.

Rondell

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Media Creator
Event Team
Aug 2, 2018
Pine County

Monolith Launcher Update (Version 3.0.1)
Woohoo, finally a new update for Monolith Launcher, some things changed.

Changed up the UI a bit, made it look better than it looked before.
So instead of it being kinda bunched up and such, it looks more nicer. Don't ya think? Don't tell Monolith Launcher its ugly, its sensitive you know.
1.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG

Changed the launching game up a bit.
That's right, Monolith Launcher isn't messing around anymore, forget that join link, Monolith Launcher actually looks for your Steam Directory, if steam exists (It better be), Monolith Launcher starts her up, sends some command arguments to load you into the game and connect you to the server, then sends whatever you tell it to send as well, you can set the launch arguments in the config page of Monolith Launcher.

2.PNG

-applaunch 4000 +connect 208.103.169.58:27015 + UArgs

(UArgs are the Launch Options you've set in the config page).
The -Applaunch and +Connect is restricted to be used in the Launch Options as Monolith Launcher is set to only launch Gmod and Monolith, nothing else.

Monolith Launcher can STRETCH to become a big boi now.
Yep that's right, there's a maximize boi in the top right corner, click it and Monolith Launcher will fill up your screen, or you know, you can keep it small, but who knows, that full screen feature might come to some use

That's it for this update!

EDIT:

Forgot to mention, you can also press CTRL+SHIFT+I to open a debug.log file that comes with Chromium part. It just shows you same info you'd get from the console in Chrome. (Console not included), and CTRL+SHIFT+P but Idk what that does.

EDIT 2:

here's the release on GitHub https://github.com/Rondell9451/Monolith-Launcher-Rebuild/releases/tag/30.1.0

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Aleksandr

Rondell

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Media Creator
Event Team
Aug 2, 2018
Pine County
Monolith Launcher Patch Update
Nothing fancy, just some fixes for the Monolith Launcher 3.0.1 version.

I accidentally made a mistake in a previous update, and commented the update line in the code which pretty much made it as if the code didn't exist, thus preventing a update to come through, this will fix that as well.

This release only contains the Monolith Launcher.exe replace it with the one in your Monolith Launcher directory. Just open Monolith Launcher, click the Monolith Launcher title in top-left corner, and it'll open the directory, close Monolith Launcher and replace it with the new one, then you're done :D !

When you open it after doing all that, in the bottom you should see this
Capture.PNG

That's it! Much apologies.

Github Release : https://github.com/Rondell9451/Monolith-Launcher-Rebuild/releases/tag/3.0.1.0
Trello : https://trello.com/c/yOzkh9iR

• Love
Reactions: mak and Joey.

Rondell

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Media Creator
Event Team
Aug 2, 2018
Pine County

Monohead 4.0 - Early Access now available
Just start Monolith Launcher and boom, an update will begin and you'll be on the latest version.

What's changed? What's new? What to expect?

Okay, okay, just hold on, we're getting to that part.

Launcher Settings has arrived.
Yep, that's correct, no more the launcher doing what it wants, take control, put your foot down, and tell Monohead Launcher what you want it to do, you can find your Launch Options, Checking for updates, What to do after the game launches, etc.
Capture.PNG

Renamed to Monohead
instead of Monolith Launcher, it's called Monohead, sounds better doesn't it? Maybe? What do you think?

Download : https://github.com/Rondell9451/Monolith-Launcher-Rebuild/releases/tag/4.0

That's all!
--
What's planned for future updates?
View the Trello : https://trello.com/b/nQ8NiuMV/monolith-launcher-development

Reactions: mak and gm1003 ツ

Rondell

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Media Creator
Event Team
Aug 2, 2018
Pine County
New update for Monohead Launcher
The server information has been implemented into the Launcher, right now it uses GameTracker to display the information, but later in a future update, it'll be switched to Steam to display the information.

GTModule.PNG

To disable GameTracker, you can go-to your Extensions Library > Configurate Extension > and select Disable under the GameTracker module.

Monohead automatically applies the update, if you wanna download Monohead, here's the link : https://github.com/Rondell9451/Monolith-Launcher-Rebuild/releases/tag/4.0

Rondell

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Media Creator
Event Team
Aug 2, 2018
Pine County
Monohead Launcher version 4.0.1 released
Finally brought back the Garry's Mod Cleanser tool from the old Monolith Launcher, what does it do exactly?
Well, it cleans out your Garry's Mod files such as Addons, Downloads, Etc. and then when the game launches, it refreshes you with nice clean empty files.

MH204.PNG

Just click the Cogwheel icon, then click 'Launch Gmod Cleanser Tool', then from there, it pretty much tells you what to do. Or, fun fact, you can press CTRL+SHIFT+E and it'll open it for you without having to navigate to the config page, whatever convenient for you.

If you have any ideas or suggestions for Monohead Launcher, such as a new feature, a tune-up in its performance, or a suggestion for a feature already on Monohead Launcher, feel free to drop them here, or DM me on discord Jetaime#9451

Download: https://github.com/Rondell9451/Monolith-Launcher-Rebuild/releases/tag/4.0

Last edited:

Rondell

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Media Creator
Event Team
Aug 2, 2018
Pine County
Updated Monohead Launcher, fixed some bugs and updated some stuff so it works better.
Full list on the Trello Card i made.

Rondell

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Media Creator
Event Team
Aug 2, 2018
Pine County
Version 4.0.2 Released, What's new?
A few things has been added, updated, etc, here's a list.

• Performance Update - Monohead Launcher will perform better and more efficiently, and will use little to no network usage.
  • GameTracker Update - GameTracker should perform quicker than before.
  • When you first initially download Monohead Launcher, it downloads only the bare minimum required for it to start, the rest will be automatically provided by Monohead Launcher.
  • Made some drawling corrections, whenever Monohead enters Full-screen mode, some stuff would appear out of picture or not aligned with everything else, should be fixed now.

Extension Library Rework
Redid everything in the Extension Library so things will perform better there, download more efficiently and look better.
A1.PNG A2.PNG
Did you know you can download Parker's Crafting Calculator from Monohead Launcher?

Network shut-off switch
Yep, get more control over Monohead Launcher, show it who's the boss, wanna punish it? Take away it's network privileges.
B1.PNG

Some things were held back that was supposed to come out this update.
Those things were like the 'Gmod Kill Switch', and 'Steam Server Information', still working hard on those but they're really taking me longer than expected to add in, I'm not a C# Wizard so these things take me some time.

Download Monohead Launcher ♥ - https://github.com/Rondell9451/Monolith-Launcher-Rebuild/releases/tag/4.0

Reactions: gm1003 ツ

Rondell

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Media Creator
Event Team
Aug 2, 2018
Pine County
Backup your data
You can now perform Data Backup's, this contains things like your Whiteboard Saves, Chat Settings, and other settings and stuff, when you perform a backup, all your data files is backed up into Monohead's Directory, so you can safely perform a reset, or re-installation of Garry's Mod without the worries you might lose your whiteboard saves and such.

databackup.PNG

Whenever you're ready to restore your data back to Garry's Mod, just click Restore data and Monohead will handle everything by transferring your backed up data files back to Garry's Mod.

Download Monohead Launcher at : https://github.com/Rondell9451/Monolith-Launcher-Rebuild/releases/tag/4.0

Reactions: Aleksandr

Rondell

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Media Creator
Event Team
Aug 2, 2018
Pine County
Version 4.0.3 Released
Monohead UI Update, Increased the window size for the normal window to be bigger than its original size.

MH1.PNG
MH2.PNG

Updated Monohead Launcher's exception handler.
Monohead will have a error icon that'll flash to alert you of an error that occur.

Updated the Extension Library.
Monohead will no longer be forcibly restarted whenever a extension is downloaded, instead, whenever a extension gets downloaded Monohead will automatically update and the extension shortcut will appear in the library bar.

Some bugs might appear :(
I've tried to smash out the bugs, but there still might be a couple lurking around, what will most likely happen is the application will be forcibly closed, if that happens just reopen, you might be greeted with a error icon flashing in the bottom left corner, if so, click it and send me a screenshot of the error to Jetaime#9451 so I can fix it, I tried to find it and fix it before releasing this update but was unable to reproduce the error.

If you receive a error with the [Monohead] Monohead ran across a fatal error during a action. in the top of the error message, screenshot it and send me the error, I'll reward you $10k in-game money to first person who sends me the error.