RekonZero

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

The monolith PD is constantly getting new additions to its team. More and more people are joining the server wanting to play cop but dont know much about the rules or even the laws they are upholding. This has been a constant problem for monolith and has impacted the experience of countless members of the server. Monolith has done little next to nothing to address the problem, relying on its members to know how to correctly record and report such negative experiences with the hope that things will get sorted out later. False. They have their own agenda and care very little about what actually goes down on the server. To them this is just a second job, something to do in their free time. The amount of actual effort is close to none when it comes to conflict resolution on the server. The unimpressive staff count on the server is the very indicator that these people on the forums need to be more proactive. I suggest working on the PD Training and stop relying on other players to do it for you. Its out of hand and the more new players are joining, the more potential for ruining others RP experience you allow them. Just a suggestion, I'd ask what you guys think but I feel I should also choose to not care about the opinions of staff and just post my truth here as a slave to the system. This has been ya boi speaking truth and enlightenment, time to wake up Monolith. Time to do something finally after however many years of the same old same old.

Last edited:

MrTaxi

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

I think there’s a fair point here, but remember, this isn’t even a second job, everyone who works on this does this for free. Except the devs, but the work they do isnt an issue. Considering all of this is done in free time, the work is excellent even if it wasn’t for free. I think the main issue with these complaints is that people expect this to be like a full game. Its a Garry’s Mod server. A damn good one at that, but still a Garry’s Mod server. I’m not blaming anyone, it’s a basic human instinct, but people can’t just think only of themselves. You’re getting free (unless you pay for premium, which is your choice) entertainment, put together by people doing it for free. And they can‘t even play the game themselves, because people fill up their tickets with reports about non-existent rulebreaks because they themselves didn‘t read the rules.

Sorry if that sounds hostile, again, I’m not specifically pointing anyone out.

Valentino

Mentor
Mentor
Police Board
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

As Adrian mentioned, we as staff volunteer purely because we care about the server and its player base. Now I do share some of your opinions on the police department but this is why we have our police supervisor team now who can, for example, give out severity points and host PD training.

Now you mention an unimpressive number of staff members on the server but again, we don't get paid for this. Besides, we all still have lives besides Monolith. If you however see a staff member not doing their duties properly I highly advise you to make a staff report.

shain

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Monolith has done little next to nothing to address the problem
To be truthful, there's nothing we could do, we cant control the players on what they do, the only best cure is to either have a more stricter ruleset on PD, and just keep giving out punishments.