MonolithRP Q&A

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.

SKuLLzSKiLLz

Dec 27, 2018
wouldn't they be considered code red, because hitting cars with people in it is considered civilian lives in imminent danger.
Generally crashing into cars isn't considered danger, however if they crash into a car and someone goes flying into the air then I would say that they would become code red.

MUDJUG

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Jan 22, 2019
Minnesnowta, US
If they are driving that badly in a populated area, I am def going to code red the car. I could reasonably assume that allowing the situation to continue will lead to someone getting hurt or killed.

Scofield

Jun 15, 2019
Massachusetts, United States of America
I have a question, when is it ok to search and confiscate stuff from people? On truenorth, I was responding to a shots fired call at the supermarket, when I got there I cuffed everyone on scence and started searching them. One guy I searched had an SMG in his inventory, so I confiscated it, but when I did that another officer said you cant do that, so I released him, but I still fail to see how I was wrong in that situation. Are you always allowed to search and confiscate any illegal stuff if you have probable cause to search them, or are you only allowed to confiscate stuff that you have directly witnessed or other officers have witnessed (e.g. If you search a suspected gunman, but they have drugs on them and no weapon, are you allowed to confiscate the drugs?)

SKuLLzSKiLLz

Dec 27, 2018
I have a question, when is it ok to search and confiscate stuff from people? On truenorth, I was responding to a shots fired call at the supermarket, when I got there I cuffed everyone on scence and started searching them. One guy I searched had an SMG in his inventory, so I confiscated it, but when I did that another officer said you cant do that, so I released him, but I still fail to see how I was wrong in that situation. Are you always allowed to search and confiscate any illegal stuff if you have probable cause to search them, or are you only allowed to confiscate stuff that you have directly witnessed or other officers have witnessed (e.g. If you search a suspected gunman, but they have drugs on them and no weapon, are you allowed to confiscate the drugs?)
Searching should be carried out sensibly and with common sense. So say a makarov bandit shoots in bank you don't cuff everyone and search them. But say there is shots fired and shots returned in like a house or something that would be sensible to deal with that.

ProximaSync

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Marketing Team
Media Creator
Event Team
Jun 5, 2019
Searching should be carried out sensibly and with common sense. So say a makarov bandit shoots in bank you don't cuff everyone and search them. But say there is shots fired and shots returned in like a house or something that would be sensible to deal with that.
This is false. Police have the right to search you if they believe a crime has been committed (but if it was reported via 911, that is not enough evidence.) Someone shooting in bank is a crime being committed and can be heard by police. Any illegal items found on the person can and will be confiscated. But once a suspect has been apprehended, there is no reason to continue searching.

SKuLLzSKiLLz

Dec 27, 2018
This is false. Police have the right to search you if they believe a crime has been committed (but if it was reported via 911, that is not enough evidence.) Someone shooting in bank is a crime being committed and can be heard by police. Any illegal items found on the person can and will be confiscated. But once a suspect has been apprehended, there is no reason to continue searching.
Its generally recognised that if some random john doe starts shooting a Makarov you don't search everyone in a very public place. That is just dumb and ruins it for others, whereas if its an actual rp reason or like a bank raid then yes: That makes sense.

friskiemar

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Forum Moderator
Report Management
Marketing Team
Event Team
Nov 28, 2018
Hitting things with your car in theory should be a code red-able offense. However, due to the restraints and limits of the game, it is not very realistic to code red somebody who plows into another car. Especially considering that the other player is probably fine. Its just gmod physics at this point. You could roleplay something out if somebody were to fly out of a car because of low health or lack of seatbelt usage.

The issue arises when the offending player is driving erratically and hitting everything in their path, driving on sidewalks, and an overall danger to the public. Thats when it becomes ok to code red somebody. Realistically, if you were pinned by 3 or 4 cop cars, then your car isnt moving anywhere any time soon. But due to the physics of the game, thats not how that works. So if you’ve boxed somebody in and they keep smashing the cars around them to try and get out, then it may be POSSIBLE to code red them.

Each situation has something different.

friskiemar

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Forum Moderator
Report Management
Marketing Team
Event Team
Nov 28, 2018
Its generally recognised that if some random john doe starts shooting a Makarov you don't search everyone in a very public place. That is just dumb and ruins it for others, whereas if its an actual rp reason or like a bank raid then yes: That makes sense.
False. Realistically. If there is a shooting at a location, everybody within that vicinity is going to be stopped and searched. This happened to me just yesterday. I was near a shooting. I had to get out of the car, put my hands up, and get searched.

This is perfectly within roleplay. If youre carrying contraband and you happen across a crime scene, then flee. If something happens and you get detained, we cannot guarantee that the detaining party will be at fault.

My words are obviously going to be twisted so let me make something very clear.

Just because youre near a crime scene and you fear that you may be detained (while in possession of contraband) if you stay does NOT mean you can pull out your gun and start shooting cops. LEAVE THE SCENE.

Reactions: ProximaSync

SKuLLzSKiLLz

Dec 27, 2018
I have a question about something. Say you want to raid someone in an apartments house, can you lockpick another apartment to use as like a base of operations (lockpick: breaking into it even though its unowned) then go and raid that person who you want to within like 5 mins. Is this breaking raid timer or is it just good tactics?

I just found out the answer thanks to @gm1003 , he said it was breaking timer.

Last edited:

Stuvi

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Report Management
Dec 10, 2016
Germany
I have a question about something. Say you want to raid someone in an apartments house, can you lockpick another apartment to use as like a base of operations (lockpick: breaking into it even though its unowned) then go and raid that person who you want to within like 5 mins. Is this breaking raid timer or is it just good tactics?
You cannot.

Pizza

Dec 28, 2018
Africa
Hitting things with your car in theory should be a code red-able offense. However, due to the restraints and limits of the game, it is not very realistic to code red somebody who plows into another car. Especially considering that the other player is probably fine. Its just gmod physics at this point. You could roleplay something out if somebody were to fly out of a car because of low health or lack of seatbelt usage.

The issue arises when the offending player is driving erratically and hitting everything in their path, driving on sidewalks, and an overall danger to the public. Thats when it becomes ok to code red somebody. Realistically, if you were pinned by 3 or 4 cop cars, then your car isnt moving anywhere any time soon. But due to the physics of the game, thats not how that works. So if you’ve boxed somebody in and they keep smashing the cars around them to try and get out, then it may be POSSIBLE to code red them.

Each situation has something different.
@friskiemar I made a sit with Tuko about a false code red and Tuko said that it was a fine code red because if you hit every car it is considered a danger to the public

SKuLLzSKiLLz

Dec 27, 2018
@friskiemar I made a sit with Tuko about a false code red and Tuko said that it was a fine code red because if you hit every car it is considered a danger to the public
That's different to what you said, if you intentionally hit cars to be that guy then sure that's ok I guess but if your just a bad driver that's very diferent. Hitting one car going fast down a road isn't a code red offense. Whereas smashing into everyones cars and swerving to hit cars, sure.

SKuLLzSKiLLz

Dec 27, 2018
Wait so you’re telling me I can spray up someone’s car because they’re driving wonky, ex: hitting everyone’s car
Ok, that is taking the whole thing out of context and you just playing dumb.

If he is swerving into cars to cause damage on purpose, bad driving is not this, then yes he would be code red as he is intentionally causing damage to players within the cars.

Pizza

Dec 28, 2018
Africa
Ok, that is taking the whole thing out of context and you just playing dumb.
It’s not really taking it out of context, you said I could code red someone for “crashing into everyones cars,” but also how would you know if they’re a bad driver or if they’re doing it on purpose. Also, wouldn’t bad driving be considered a danger to the public?

MUDJUG

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Jan 22, 2019
Minnesnowta, US
Let me rephrase. Whether they are just a bad driver or a reckless driver, I will deploy any and all means to immobilize their vehicle while doing my best to not directly harm the driver.

Last edited: