MRP Move While Hands up

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Anderson

Oct 1, 2017
Description of suggestion: (Provide a detailed description of what you are suggesting) Simple, just don't freeze the player while their hands are up
Reason why it should be added: (Explain why your suggestion should be implemented) This could make Felony Traffic Stops alot more RP, Cops pull their guns, tell the suspect to exit the vehicle without a weapon, they do that, Police tell them to put their hands up. This is where it would usually end up with police running to them with their handcuffs out and them having an easy escape because cops can't have handcuffs and guns out at the same time. So instead of cops going to them, the much more realistic "Walk backwards to the sound of my voice" could happen, police have an easier time, and everyone has more RP. I do understand how this is a minor suggestion and how it wouldn't be that different with the ability to move than without, but I think it could be for the better.
Related content: (Include Steam Workshop links or other relevant content needed) N/A

Tayven99

Nov 19, 2018
+1 Don't understand why it would freeze you. make it only being able to walk and not running (as if you were already in hand cuffs)

Maj.Kat

MRP Senior Administrator
MRP Senior Administrator
Marketing Team
Event Team
MRP Recruitment Team
Jul 6, 2018
+Support I think this would add to roleplay quite a bit. But just have it so when you have your hands up, you just walk super slow/can't run, and create maybe longer of a delay so when you press f2 it takes longer for your hands to go down.

Last edited:

Scotty

Banned
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Do not make a bigger delay for your hands to go down its already to long and this will ruin my cop escapes but sure its a good idea I guess it will make my mugging go easier. +1

Nitr0us

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Media Creator
Jul 11, 2017
To be frank, I'm not that much of a fan of this idea. In my opinion, when you have your hands up you shouldn't be able to move. Having your hands up adds an extra redundancy to ensure people don't move, for example, if you were mugging someone and said "put your hands up" but they would still be able to move it kind of defeats that purpose and would easily be abused. For example, I have never seen anyone move backward or forwards with their hands up from police clips that I have seen and it would look quite silly.

If you want to replicate the "move backward towards the sound of my voice" I usually just have them turn around to walk backward than when they get closed to me make them put their hands up, or what I have recently been doing is making them turn around to face my vehicle and then put their hands up.

• Sad
Reactions: Xoelfus

Scotty

Banned
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
To be frank, I'm not that much of a fan of this idea. In my opinion, when you have your hands up you shouldn't be able to move. Having your hands up adds an extra redundancy to ensure people don't move, for example, if you were mugging someone and said "put your hands up" but they would still be able to move it kind of defeats that purpose and would easily be abused. For example, I have never seen anyone move backward or forwards with their hands up from police clips that I have seen and it would look quite silly.

If you want to replicate the "move backward towards the sound of my voice" I usually just have them turn around to walk backward than when they get closed to me make them put their hands up, or what I have recently been doing is making them turn around to face my vehicle and then put their hands up.
That's why people adding on saying yous hould be in a slow walking speed like whilst cuffed

Reactions: gm1003

Shimax

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Media Creator
Event Team
Sep 2, 2018
In my opinion, when you have your hands up you shouldn't be able to move. Having your hands up adds an extra redundancy to ensure people don't move, for example, if you were mugging someone and said "put your hands up" but they would still be able to move it kind of defeats that purpose and would easily be abused.
I agree with this. I believe this could be easily abused, especially since you shouldn't be shot with your hands up as you're considered surrended. On the police side, I can sort of understand where you're coming from. Overall, the rule additions and edits will create sits that were easily avoidable.

-Support.

Stuvi

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Report Management
Dec 10, 2016
Germany
Moved to denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.