Dennis

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Ethan
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:72948202
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Dennis Hall

Admin being reported: @Mr Death

Reason for Report: False ban. He banned me for "Constant failrp" for 12 hours. He mentioned the first thing was me dragging away someones body to throw it to the ravine for a burial. I didn't plan to actually throw him in. It was a friend, and a joke. He also says I was mic spamming because I was jokingly humming the titanic theme. I originally shot him since he was running, I ran behind the trees to gain ground on him without me seeing (I was a cop) and when I came out I saw him a distance away so I took a shot at him and killed him. Not knowing behind him (from my pov) was an officer and he was handcuffed. I later explained I didn't see the cop and he wasn't at all angry, and knew the titanic thing was just a joke.

And the other thing that happened, (these are his words from my ban appeal) "Later, while monitoring you, i saw you blow up a taxi for no reason, and then shoot the driver, dragging his body into the elevator shaft." Multiple reasons why this is wrong. Firstly, the taxi driver ran someone over clearly on purpose. This is in the video below. I tried to arrest them, tried to get them in the car, even tased them and they refused to listen. (breaking fearrp). So I decided it best I drag them in the elevator, send them upstairs so I have a minute to call the admin before they wake up and come back down. Did I know they'd fall through the floor? Of course not, I was trying to prevent them from driving around running people over. Which they probably did after moderator of the year over here banned me.

I'd also like to note how he banned me without even saying a single word to me. In his words he said, "I do see what you mean by not telling you before banning you, but i thought the reason in the ban itself would explain why, or how you got yourself banned. Nothing you would have said could have changed the outcome, as i was there to see you failrp."

That alone shows so much ignorance and carelessness, as you must have been paying very little attention to what was actually going on. Not to mention impatience, banning a good player without even a pm? Ridiculous.

What if the same thing happened yet the offense (that didn't happen) was more serious, and I hadn't recorded it? Would I just be banned for a long time, or permanently, because of a staff members carelessness?

Time of Occurrence: 12:00 AM
Evidence to support your claim:
Additional members involved/witnessing:

Mr Death

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

I'd just like to mention that this is being taken way out of proportion. You were banned for 12 hours. And that's the reason for my report, I assume? You had the chance to call a staff member the entire time that person was fearrping, although you didn't, and just overcomplicated the whole situation.

''I ran behind the trees to gain ground on him without me seeing'' From my perspective, you were not behind the trees, and i think you would have even seen the swat member approach the person who was running, as the swat member ran to the ''suspect'' from the right side of the road, (this happened on the left).

''I didn't plan to actually throw him in. It was a friend, and a joke.'' The only reason you didn't manage to throw him in was because i stopped you, several times, as you still kept trying to drag him down. Whether he was your friend or not does not matter in this situation, or even most rp situations, as you were a cop, and he was a suspect of a crime. In real life, you wouldn't just throw a person off a cliff becaus EMS was taking too long to respond.

Dennis

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Here's footage proving I ran behind the trees to sneak up on him, and from my perspective the swat officer was directly behind him. And you say it's my fault for not calling a staff member, I clearly said that I was going to. I was putting him in the elevator first so he (I thought) would have to wait for it to go up, then back down so I'd have time.

Why are you so ignorant to your guilt? I didn't call you fast enough? And you THOUGHT I was in the wrong though I wasn't. You do realize all of this would have been explained to you if you'd asked me what happened instead of banning me. If you look in my ban appeal you can see just after I put him in the elevator and was trying to teach a new player how to use the radio you banned me with absolutely no warning. I didn't get banned because of my actions, I was banned because of your carelessness as a staff member.

And btw, idc how long it was. I'm a reliable player who roleplays correctly and deserves more than being banned with absolutely no notice by some moderator. Below is the video proving I couldn't see the swat officer (btw the victim understood what happened and wasn't upset) and video of me being banned before I had a chance to make a report.

And btw, another staff member recommended I make a report.

Situation Death is completely wrong about, and would've known he was wrong about if he thought to hear me out before slamming the banhammer on a good player.

Video of me getting banned seconds after the situation, while trying to help a new player learn the server.

@Stuvi @Dirty Harry @WhiteWolf

Thy

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

I've talked to @Mr Death and warned him about banning people without talking to them first. However in the first example with the taxi, you really should have used !report as soon as they started breaking FearRP instead of doing all that needless stuff.

Second example he should've definitely talked to you so he could have gotten your side of the story.

The moderator in question has been talked to and warned, however I do not believe that futher action is required at this time.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.