Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt.Wilson

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I have not been on gmod in a long time. Personally, I LOVED Monolith. However quite obvious issues started coming up, and THE COMMUNITY began asking for rule changes, content updates, and more passive rp. For some reason, staff, and the "veterans" on this server were quite reluctant to change or add ANYTHING...

Things we wanted:
More civillian jobs.
Better marketplace/shop system.
More content for Firefighter, make Firefighter a job that matters.
Less pvp. We ALL SAID WE WERE TIRED OF PVP. BUT NOBODY LISTENED.
We all wanted things changes, HUNDREDS of suggestions later and none have been implemented.

We wanted REAL RP. We all said it for months, add more content, fix the rules, set more limits on violent crime, give people a reason to ACTUALLY RP.
We never got that. The server staff decided to ignore requests. Nothing changed. And as a result everyone got bored and tired of dealing with the same B.S.
Not to mention the unprofessionalism from staff and police. I mean seriously the police teamwork was non-existent, cops screaming over eachother on radio, combined with civs that have no goals to work towards besides aquiring money and guns... It lead the server to become a Cops VS Robbers PVP environment.

I also agree with a previous post of us "moving on". We have jobs, significant others, and real life responsibilities. I have moved to playing GTA FiveM since it's more calm and mature. In GTA we don't get RDMd every five seconds, we dont get murdered to trying to rp as a cop, we have businesses and goals to work towards. Monolith is too chaotic and violent to actually enjoy anymore.

Last edited:

Doom Guy

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I'm going to say this from someone of took a LONG break from mono multiple times because of reasons regarding this, but others as well. I do not think its because of this personally, I think its because staff are childish and ban for long periods and don't accept they did something wrong. I mean look on the player count from 1 year ago and now its a BIG difference, most of my org mates and friends are on perm/Long bans people or just wont play anymore because of those people are on bans. I think this is why ALOT of players stopped playing i mean all of Mside, Informals, and Gelato which at the time was 80% of the player count wont play anymore

But i understand why you would leave for this reason but its more devs and management not staff ignoring the suggestions

Biggerfoot

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Yea i agree with doom , just being on the server for 4 days and i have already ran into childish toxic admins that i know for a fact would ban you and then completely lie about the reason, which use to not happen so its weird that it is happening now

D

Deleted member 12627

I have not been on gmod in a long time. Personally, I LOVED Monolith. However quite obvious issues started coming up, and THE COMMUNITY began asking for rule changes, content updates, and more passive rp. For some reason, staff, and the "veterans" on this server were quite reluctant to change or add ANYTHING...

Things we wanted:
More civillian jobs.
Better marketplace/shop system.
More content for Firefighter, make Firefighter a job that matters.
Less pvp. We ALL SAID WE WERE TIRED OF PVP. BUT NOBODY LISTENED.
We all wanted things changes, HUNDREDS of suggestions later and none have been implemented.

We wanted REAL RP. We all said it for months, add more content, fix the rules, set more limits on violent crime, give people a reason to ACTUALLY RP.
We never got that. The server staff decided to ignore requests. Nothing changed. And as a result everyone got bored and tired of dealing with the same B.S.
Not to mention the unprofessionalism from staff and police. I mean seriously the police teamwork was non-existent, cops screaming over eachother on radio, combined with civs that have no goals to work towards besides aquiring money and guns... It lead the server to become a Cops VS Robbers PVP environment.

I also agree with a previous post of us "moving on". We have jobs, significant others, and real life responsibilities. I have moved to playing GTA FiveM since it's more calm and mature. In GTA we don't get RDMd every five seconds, we dont get murdered to trying to rp as a cop, we have businesses and goals to work towards. Monolith is too chaotic and violent to actually enjoy anymore.
I hopped on the server for the first time in a year since my ban, I was astounded by the fact the server feels completely different. People were doing 360's in their cars in the intersection in front of cops for nothing. VDM was everywhere, back when I played staff used to announce that fail driving would result in blacklists now apparently nothing is done. I tried roleplaying yesterday and was ran over/shot after every time I pulled someone over as a cop even if I told them it was just a traffic stop. I don't believe this server is going to be successful anymore as it seems they just want constant pvp instead of actual roleplay. When I first joined this server there was a very good balance of roleplay and pvp, now it's like I clicked on one of those generic darkrp servers that everyone just minges and rdm's constantly on. I even gave someone a ticket and then the guy ran half way across the block to come and try and shoot me in the back over a ticket, it's just crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: Tye
Status
Not open for further replies.