SmokeyGonzalez

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Smokey Gonzalez
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:49601701
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Juan Gonzalez

Admin being reported - @gm1003

Reason for Report: I'd like to start off stating that since i've been playing gmod (2012(3) - present) I've hardly made any forum reports as I feel like it's much more effective to deal with my problems in game. However , tonight is an exception as I feel like his actions and his inability to own up to his mistakes or attempt to rectify the situation warrants a forum post. So apparently SWAT and SS were still having issues ( earlier in the evening the mayor and SS ( which I was apart of ) went and attempted to host a PD meeting , but we ended up having severe issues with the PD/Swat and long story short , shots were fired from both sides , I returned fire and ended up killing a swat officer ( even though I killed him I only shot like 2-3 times so clearly I wasn't the only one nor was I the one who shot first). I was brought to a sit ( I assume because the damage logs showed that I killed him , once again even though I wasn't the first to fire and I was acting in self-defense as I had got shot before discharging my weapon) , I explained the situation accepted responsibility and was demoted ( which shouldn't have happened in my opinion as I wasn't being aggressive to staff or swat , and I was shot at first) I accepted the punishment and moved on. I went back to the Mayor's Office and was only there for a short time before I had to go AFK( having real life issues ) came back and I was being handcuffed by a Swat Officer named Jack Lee , asked him why, told him that I had been afk the entire time but got no response , I then typed it but he continued to ignore me tried to get an Admin involved but I was unable ( even though GM responded to the Swat officers request almost instantly , didn't really pay much mind to it though). I ended up going to the little meeting area outside the Mayor's Office where Swat , SS , and the Mayor were all located at , I once again explained that I was afk , although this time I was clearly annoyed , I also asked what was going on as I had assumed the previous situation had been resolved. A PD LT ended up unarresting all SS , and I thought that was that so I went to rearm myself (as I hadn't rearmed myself since I was falsely demoted). Next thing I know I hear a bunch of shots going off , and then comes GM. Who froze all SS and the Mayor but not Swat ( ???? lol) I then attempted to calm give my side of the story ( as I did with the SWAT Officer) , but I figured an admin would actually gather all of the evidence. However he banned the mayor without saying a single word (not claiming that this is abuse but it would have been nice to give our side of the story. Now this is where my problem with him begins , he then demotes most of including myself but not all of SS once again without a single word spoken. I was extremely baffled by that as admins ( at least in a decent majority of gmod servers and especially in rp servers admins are supposed to be thorough and not half ass major sits like that). I then , with a little more energy began asking both in local chat and Voice chat why I was being punished as I had done nothing wrong. Once again instead of being a responsible admin , he ignored me ( inflaming the situation when it could have been resolved within a few minutes at most). He then briefly spoke to swat and I overheard him say "He's been warned about being corrupt" while looking at me ( Once again the only issue I had before this one , was the incident where I ended up killing a Swat officer after getting shot at and seeing other agents open fire so I'd hardly call that corrupt) then he left. I was once again in extreme shock as I have rarely seen this kind of behavior from an admin on a rp server ( I mean I have but it never goes unpunished , at least from what I've seen). I then im'd him and tried to ask him what was up in OOC , when he continued to ignore me ( I assume because he realized he was in the wrong) I continued to press the question as it was a very simple question with a simple fix ( I would have had no problem with the false demotion if he had apologized for falsely demoting me , I try not to be an ass online). In fact as an admin it is his duty and responsibility since he wanted to be an admin , to be thorough , to be just , to help de-escalate situations and not inflame them all of which he has failed to do. I continued to press the question , eventually other people got involved ( including one of the other ss members who continues to back my side as he saw that I was afk when swat arrived , and he saw me go into the armory after we got the cuffs taken off) and Im guessing GM didn't appreciate being called out so he Blacklisted me from OOC for 4 days (I received a few IM's talking about how ridiculous that was , which is what really prompted me to write this). I'm sure he has a side to these events and i'd love to hear it (hopefully he remains truthful) but from my point of view ( and a few others gonna include their id's ) he is most certainly in the wrong.

( I know punishments are up to y'all and while I'd ( me and the other witnesses ) would love to see him demoted, i'd be perfectly fine with a sincere apology and the OOC Blacklist being removed , the Blacklist being removed being the most important )
Time of Occurrence: 9:30-9:45pm CST
Evidence to support your claim: I have witnesses that were SS that backup my story.

Additional members involved/witnessing: Jake Maximus - STEAM_0:0:58299098 ( there were two other SS agents but I didn't think to get steam ID's until the end of the report and they had already Dc'd , I asked the other SS agent if he got their ID's but he said he didn't.
Read, understood and followed staff report rules?: Yessir

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I went back to the Mayor's Office and was only there for a short time before I had to go AFK( having real life issues ) came back and I was being handcuffed by a Swat Officer named Jack Lee , asked him why, told him that I had been afk the entire time but got no response , I then typed it but he continued to ignore me tried to get an Admin involved but I was unable ( even though GM responded to the Swat officers request almost instantly , didn't really pay much mind to it though). I ended up going to the little meeting area outside the Mayor's Office where Swat , SS , and the Mayor were all located at , I once again explained that I was afk , although this time I was clearly annoyed , I also asked what was going on as I had assumed the previous situation had been resolved. A PD LT ended up unarresting all SS , and I thought that was that so I went to rearm myself (as I hadn't rearmed myself since I was falsely demoted). Next thing I know I hear a bunch of shots going off , and then comes GM. Who froze all SS and the Mayor but not Swat ( ???? lol) I then attempted to calm give my side of the story ( as I did with the SWAT Officer) , but I figured an admin would actually gather all of the evidence. However he banned the mayor without saying a single word (not claiming that this is abuse but it would have been nice to give our side of the story. Now this is where my problem with him begins , he then demotes most of including myself but not all of SS once again without a single word spoken. I was extremely baffled by that as admins ( at least in a decent majority of gmod servers and especially in rp servers admins are supposed to be thorough and not half ass major sits like that). I then , with a little more energy began asking both in local chat and Voice chat why I was being punished as I had done nothing wrong. Once again instead of being a responsible admin , he ignored me ( inflaming the situation when it could have been resolved within a few minutes at most). He then briefly spoke to swat and I overheard him say "He's been warned about being corrupt" while looking at me ( Once again the only issue I had before this one , was the incident where I ended up killing a Swat officer after getting shot at and seeing other agents open fire so I'd hardly call that corrupt) then he left. I was once again in extreme shock as I have rarely seen this kind of behavior from an admin on a rp server ( I mean I have but it never goes unpunished , at least from what I've seen).
I did not deal with this, that was @TheCrustyPlayer

As for your demotion from SS, it was a fair punishment. Government workers are not allowed to shoot each other regardless of who started it. You should report the rulebreak, not deal with it yourself

Your blacklist was issued for flaming in OOC, if you have an issue with a staff decision you privately mention it to them via PM...not to the whole server in OOC

SmokeyGonzalez

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

I attempted to Im you before I went to OOC , if I didn't it was because I was literally 5 ft in front of you attempting to grab your attention and you ignored me.

For the 16th time , was my first demotion warranted ? possibly , I agree I shouldn't have shot. Also shouldn't have been the sole party punished but I didn't complain and I accepted both my punishment and responsibility.

The Second Demotion within the Mayors office was extremely unwarranted as I wasn't doing anything lmao I if you choose to go over the report again you'll see that A. I was Originally was AFK when I was randomly arrested within the mayors office B. Once I was finally un-handcuffed I went to the armory to rearm myself , heard gunshots , went back into the area and was frozen and subsequently demoted. No Action of mine warranted a second demotion or even being randomly arrested

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I was not involved with your second demotion, like I already said in my last reply

SmokeyGonzalez

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

And if you weren't the admin at the second admin sit then I apologize as I was irritated for being randomly demoted , but yeah if you weren't the one who did it then yeah I can def see how the blacklist was warranted as from your perspective I would have came out of nowhere in an irritated mood

I was not involved with your second demotion, like I already said in my last reply
I just put two and two together , hence why I apologized

gonna remove this post now

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

The OOC blacklist is valid, as you were not using the chat properly. In addition to this you are never allowed to break character, by using iMessage to talk about out of character matters. Therefore, the blacklist will remain.

If you do not agree with a staff member's decision and believe they are not using their powers properly, you make a staff report, just like you did now.

There is no misuse of powers from gm's end.

Staff report denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.