FEEDBACK New Monomarket

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.
  • Are you interested in helping and being engaged in the community further? Apply for a Staff Position!

WhiteTiger

Monolith Pleb
Oct 10, 2017
Switzerland
The UI with the prices is great and it works BUT

the new limits are a bit too harsh IMO its measured in stacks instead of units like before and you can only buy 10 stacks and sell only 1 stack of each item, with the limited 3 slots for non prem and 9 with prem thats a bit too harsh since inventory space is already limited in the gamemode as it is *cough* more inventory space pls *cough*

can you just change it to a set amount of units like it was before? unlimited would be lit so i can buy all the chunks?

otherwise the price stuff is great since now you can see the current price, maybe add buy and sell order and a history graph in the future like the steam community market?

If you keep this change keep in mind now that new players can see the current price of chunks (they arent cheap btw) they can make a quick buck which will help them survive in the deadly world of monoford. now a fresh player can join and dabble in the monomarket and see that people pay up to 30$ for iron copper and coal which then is about 20k for a full inventory which is a decent sum of money for a new player to get started.

Last edited:

Xarion

Monolith Rookie
Jul 23, 2020
+Support. Imagine what it would look like trying to sell a full inventory of freshly mined chunks. Despite premium or non-premium.

Before it was easy because you could sell a full inv of just 1 item with 1 market slot. It went all of the sudden from one extreme into another. Needs balancing.

WhiteTiger

Monolith Pleb
Oct 10, 2017
Switzerland
I for example put up buy orders of 1000 chunks and then collect whenever i needed more to crush and make bars, but nerfing the buy and sell limit so hard isnt a very good idea because it makes everything even more slow and tedious, now is a great opportunity to have a little mini marketplace since we finally see the current price of each item dont waste it please. You could go even further and remove selling chunks/ores/bars to NPC's This way theres more trading or usage of the monomarket + guncrafters could get more ressources quicker= gun prices go down. Maybe factories would then actually get used more and people would sell ores since players pay more than npc's another decent way of legal money making.

Just my little thoughts about all of this.

Simon the Rile

Monolith Pleb
Mar 23, 2020
I say personally instead of changing it back to all the way it was, increase coal ore stack size to 999, allow chunks to be sold in bulk on market again, adjust all stack sizes for ores except coal to 300+, and make bar stack size to 100. The mono market was literally how gun dealer stored ores, I don’t think it’s needed anymore if they just made stack size changes to the ores and bars. Coal should be 999 stack because it’s needed to make everything, other ore stacks should be ranging from 100-300 IMO, and bars should stack up to 50-100 range, this is purely opinion based. I highly believe doing this might relieve the need to store ores on the market, I would however re introduce the chunks though as new players need a way to sell them.

Reactions: WhiteTiger

WhiteTiger

Monolith Pleb
Oct 10, 2017
Switzerland
I also noticed a few bugs yesterday

-For example the current prices on the items arent correct, if it says current price of coal ore for example 43$ i assume theres supply at that price right? But when i put up an order it doesnt get filled meaning theres no supply at that price shuouldnt it then rise up to the higher price where there is supply again?

-Also when i try to order 10 stacks of coal ore (640) units it wont let me and only lets me buy 2 stacks (128)

I know this seems like a bit to early to ask for something like this but if you keep enhancing the monomarket the endgoal should be something like this because that would be perfect. Maybe the graphs arent realy needed but the buy and sell orders where you can see the quantity at which price would be really great.
Screenshot_2020-09-17 Steam Community Market Listings for Mann Co Supply Crate Key.png

Xarion

Monolith Rookie
Jul 23, 2020
I would 100% love the steam market idea of monolith market. However, I would just say to have the top only where it shows quantity sold at which price. When an item is clicked the following image below shows when that item opened in the market.

1600347429630.png