Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Playing on Monolith, there's a lot of information people are expected to know. While a lot of it can be found fairly easily, it's generally not in one place.

This post is an attempt to have all the basic information a player should know in one concise list. If you find anything is missing, feel free to post.

Rules/Guidelines

!rules - A link to the RP rules of the server
Global rules link
Closet thing we currently have to guidelines for the Police Department

Commands

!rules - A link to the RP rules of the server

!content - A link to the steam list of mods for the server

!steam - A link to the Steam community group.

!discord - A link to the Server's Discord channels.

!report - Opens a box for reporting a rule-break. Can be used again to view reports.
!help - Opens the box for reports also.

!help [message] - Opens an in-chat request directed at mentors and staff for simple questions.
!respond [message] - Responds to your most recently viewed !help message.

!bug - Opens a box for reporting server bugs for the dev team.

!help [message] - Ask a quick question

!appeal - As Seargent Police rank and above, opens the menu for civilians appealing police tickets.

Chat

/ooc [message] - Sends a global message to the server, can only contain information that is not in character.
// [message] - an alternative to /ooc.

/looc [message] - Sends a local out of character message. (Same range as normal speaking.)
/// [message] - an alternative to /looc

/911 [message containing situation and location] - Sends a message to emergency services in the city

/me [message] - makes a custom chat emote used for roleplay. Common usage is stealing of ground-placed items ("/me steals the workbench.").
/it [message] - makes a custom chat emote that does not contain your name. Typical usage is for non-entity object actions ("/it a can rolls along the road.")

U (default) - Opens chat set to OOC, use carefully.

/whisper [message] - Sends the shortest radius local, in character, chat message.
/w [message] - also sends a nearby local IC message.

/y [message] - Sends local chat further, in caps. To be used for RP shouting.
/yell [message] - also sends local chat further, in caps.

/ad [message] Spends $500 game money to make a RP advertisement in global.

/gov [message] When working a Government job, use this to chat in the Government-only channel. (Can be heard by nearby players.)
/radio [message] - an alternate to /gov.

b (hold) (default) - transmit your microphone over a handheld radio, purchasable or automatic for Gov job.

/rc [message] - also sends a message over the radio channel.

!pm [Username] [message] - Sends an OOC message to a user. (Closest version to what you typed.)

/org [message] - sends an IC message to your whole crew. (can be heard by nearby players.)

/Syncnames - Cures "unknown player name" glitches.

General use

F3 - Open inventory.

E - Interact with most NPCs, objects or buttons.

E (hold) - Pick up and move prop.
Rick Click - New pick up and move props. Should have overwritten any old E, but I've left both.

E (hold) [click on box] - Interact with cars, players and most objects.

C (hold) - Opens the context menu, containing party leave options, Radio toggle, Radio channel change and Monotablet, as well as information about job level, player level and experience.

R (while holding keys on a player) - Give/take door access.

Alt + R (facing a valid surface) - Sit/toggle on Object.

/dab - your player emotes a precision dab.

F4 - view third person.

Ctrl (Sat or in vehicle) - View Third Person

Mouse ScrollWheel (Down/Up) - zoom the camera in or out while in third person. Note: Anything you need to use this camera angle to see is purely cosmetic. You CANNOT use these to obtain pictures for a Police raid, or an RP action.

/roll [number (or blank for 1-6)] - starts a dice roll to randomly pick a number. frequently used for gambles and occasionally for RP.

!drop [number amount] - Drop an allocated amount of money on the ground. Typically these are used for small payments, tips, or when being robbed and forced to comply at weapon point.

W,A,S,D - Movement.

Space - Jump.

Ctrl (Hold) - Crouch.
Ctrl (Tap Twice) - Toggles and un-toggles Crawling.

F2 - Throw/toggle hands into the air (typically for being arrested.)

Alt + F4 - Instantly close program.

/syncnames - Fixes the 'unknown player' bug.

` (sometimes ¬ or called tilda) - Open Gmod Console.

gmod_mcore_test 1 (in console) - Can help with lag issues.
mat_queue_mode 2 (in console) - Can help with lag issues.

cl_showfps 1 (in console) - Shows you the FPS and map name in the top right corner.
cl_showfps 0 (in console) - Switches the FPS counter off.

cl_chatheight 280 cl_chatwidth 650 (in console) [requires restart] - For when you accidentally add too much chat height or width.

Driving

J - Attach Seatbelt.

W,A,S,D - Movement.

E (hold) (click on box) - Enter vehicle.

Space - Brake.

Space (hold) E (hold) (click on box) - Handbrake.

Ctrl (Sat or in vehicle) - View Third Person

F - Headlights.

Alt + F - Alternate headlights.

K - Toggle Underglow.

H - Switch off engine.

Left Click - Toggle Sirens.

Right Click - Toggle Flashing lights.

Both Mouse Clicks - Lights and Sirens off.

Alt + Left Click - Signal Blinker Left.

Alt + Right Click - Signal Blinker Right.

Alt + Both Mouse Clicks - Full Blinkers.

Mouse 3 (pressing scrollwheel down) - Rear View of vehicle.

R - Horn.

Alt + [numbers 1-9] - Kick seat number from vehicle.

Alt + 0 - Kick all seats except driver from vehicle.

Alt + N - Lock/unlock all doors.

Combat

Left click - Fire weapon.

Right click - Zoom weapon.

R - Reload.

E + R - Toggle automatic firing mode.

L - Unjam jammed weapon you are holding.

Terminology

These are common phrases, not commands, that you may often see in chat.

OOC - 'Out Of Character' conversations and actions that are not within the roleplay world, and cannot affect them.

IC - 'In Character' conversations, actions and objects that are within the roleplay world, affecting it. You play a character.

Sit - Short for situation. Typically refers to 'Admin Situation'

Admin Sit - when a staff member pulls players into an OOC meeting to discuss an issue, typically rules or bugs.

FTVL - 'Failure To Value Life' - Specific rule break where one does not value the life of one's character.

LTARP - 'Leaving To Avoid Role-Play' - When a rule-breaker leaves the server to avoid a Role-play situation they don't like. Easily traceable and a swift banning offence.
LTAP - 'Leaving To Avoid Punishment' - When a rule-breaker leaves the server to avoid recieving warnings/bans. Doesn't actually do anything except make the punishment more severe. Similar to LTARP.

FailRP - Failing to adhere to the role-playing rules.

FearRP - Can refer to the rules regarding valuing life and safety, or the failure to adhere to them.

RDM - 'Random Death Match' Deliberate killing of players without a valid reason. Known as Mass RDM in large cases.

VDM - 'Vehicular (random) Death Match' Deliberate Killing of players without a valid reason, using a Vehicle as a weapon.

Combat Healing - When a medic role applies health packs and resurrects unconscious players from a combat situation that is still ongoing, such as a bank robbery. Self-healing with purchased health packs does not count as combat healing.

Watergun, Replica Gun - Loophole language typically used for the sale of illegal weapons, masquerading as toys. Openly selling pistols without a license or rifles altogether is an IC arrestable offense.

ERP - 'Erotic Role Play' A fully banned and real-life illegal act of roleplaying sexual situations. Illegal because of the under 18s who play the server (and generally a gross idea anyway.).

DDoS - 'Distributed Denial Of Service' Another real-life, but rare, illegal act of attacking servers and websites to prevent them from being used.

Last edited:

Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I'd love to say that was the motivation, but honestly, it was laziness.

Ali

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

This is really nice. Add /looc

Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

This is really nice. Add /looc
Thanks. It's crazy what slipped through, even after the first post, I had to edit it twice within 30 seconds, haha

Reactions: Ali

Liasetten

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

By writing /w or /whisper you can whisper to people close to you, or in a close proximity

Also by looking at a item and writing /fixitem it sometimes fixes bugs where you are not able to pick up the item
Could be a staff member only command though, I dont really know

Regarding the vehicle thingy; by pressing down mouse button 3 (Scroll wheel) you can see directly behind your vehicle

papa1456

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Really good for new players!

DonLennios

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

And /rc is also a shortened version for the /radio

Chubby

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

e+r At the same time to change firing modes
By writing /w or /whisper you can whisper to people close to you, or in a close proximity

Also by looking at a item and writing /fixitem it sometimes fixes bugs where you are not able to pick up the item

Regarding the vehicle thingy; by pressing down mouse button 3 (Scroll wheel) you can see directly behind your vehicle

Thank you all!

sp00fy

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

This is wrong.

/rc transmits a message to everyone on your current radio frequency.
/radio transmits a message via [GOV] channel, reaching any government employee (EMS, Police, etc.), and it is therefore reserved to government employees only.

This is a staff only command, but I personally think it should be public access, as it really doesn't have any exploitable abilities.

/looc [message] - Sends a local out of character message. (Same range as normal speaking.)

.// is an alternative for /looc.

Liasetten

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Updated. Also please to see a terminology section in the new updated rules, be sure to check them out!

Rules Post

Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Somehow I forgot !drop. It's amazing what slips past.

Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

While adding /it I realised I had missed /me

Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Added some console stuff, such as cl_showfps 1, which eluded me for some time.

Also, we're official now! Woah!

Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Good point. I'd always thought about that as being LTARP, but I guess that's something specific as rule-breakers sometimes treat the arrest or not arrest as the whole point, instead of an opportunity to RP.

Edit: Seems I didn't have LTARP either. Added them both.