• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.

[OFFICIAL] Woodcutting Guide

AC²

Jul 15, 2017

In Monolith you are given many skills, one of them is woodcutting. While not as interesting as others, woodcutting does serve a purpose in obtaining furniture to decorate your house.

If smacking your axe against trees is something that you enjoy then this guide might be usefull for you.

In order to start leveling this skill, you first need a woodaxe.
You can buy for $339 from the tools cashier at the supermarket.
Once you got your axe its time to start chopping, however most trees you'll come across can't actually be chopped. You need to find specifiy ones.

Head to the outskirts of the city, the trees that can be cut do not spawn in the city. To know if a tree can be used, walk towards it, if a bar appears it means you can cut in it. Another way to check this is to see if the tree has a shadow. In order to save you a lot of time I've made a map here that shows all the locations that trees can be found at: (click it for fullsize)

I've made an album of all the area's of the map, so if you want a more clear vision of actually where each type is click here

Certain types of logs require a higher level. Everyone can cut the normal wood log, but other types require a higher level. In order to gather logs, simply walk up to a tree and starting hitting it with your axe (left mouse button/primary attack).

You will notice that the bar on the tree will start to decrease, once it reaches zero you will no longer receive any logs from that source and you will have to move on to another tree, thankfully their supply resets after some time.

The amount of XP (woodcutting xp) you earn is a pretty simple equation.
Code:
xp earned = 25 + math.floor( skilllevelrequired * 0.8 )
Replace "skilllevelrequired" with the level that you need in order to cut it.

So this means:
Code:
25 + math.floor(1 * 0.8) = 25 xp -- Regular log
25 + math.floor(14 * 0.8) = 36 xp  -- Pine log
25 + math.floor(24 * 0.8) = 44 xp -- Birch log
25 + math.floor(38 * 0.8) = 55 xp -- Maple log
25 + math.floor(48 * 0.8) = 63 xp -- Willow log
(math.floor just rounds the number down.)
It will take so time to level this skill up, so being patient is the key here. If you want to see what level you are or how much XP is left then press C, press Applications and select skills (or click here).

Now that you know where to chop and understand the leveling behind it, lets talk making profit. You can sell your logs to the same person you bought the axe from. (tools cashier at the supermarket)
In Monolith the equation for selling an item to a NPC is
Code:
profit = math.Round(itembaseprice * .10)
(math.Round basiclly rounds the number up.)

To keep it simple I made a list so you know how much money you make from selling one log.
Code:
Regular log = $1
Pine log = $2
Birch log = $3
Maple log = $6
Willow log = $12
If you want to make more money from this you should consider upgrading your woodcrafting skill, as crafting a log into a plank makes considerably more money when selling it. I'm not going to go in detail on how crafting works in this guide, but the equation of one plank crafted from a regular log is
Code:
1 (profit of one regular log) * 4 * 1.5 = your profit
In a nutshell, this is all you need to know about the woodcutting skill.
Hopefully you learned something with this guide. If you have any questions or found a mistake in the guide let me know and I will fix it asap.

Last edited:

AC²

Jul 15, 2017
This needs to be pinned, this is what guides should look like!
Thanks, glad you like it.

I've updated the guide with some fancy images instead of plain text and added a link to an imgur album if you want a more clear vision of where each tree is.

Johnny183

Monolith Pleb
Jul 11, 2017
United Kingdom
This is a really good guide. Tells you exactly what to do and where all the trees are. Really useful for people who wish to get started woodcutting.

WhiteWolf

Monolith Grinder
Apr 6, 2017
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Congratulations pal and thank you. We've made this an official guide!

AC²

Jul 15, 2017
This is a really good guide. Tells you exactly what to do and where all the trees are. Really useful for people who wish to get started woodcutting.
Very nice guide, great for players that wants to advance their woodcutting skill!
This is an amazing guide. I've been wanting something exactly like this.
That's really lovely! Good job.
Thanks! I'm glad you all like it.

Congratulations pal and thank you. We've made this an official guide!
This goes for both the guides I wrote; thank you, words cannot express my gratitude. These guides are my way of giving something back to community that I enjoy so much. Whether my next guides become official or not, these are something I enjoy making and will continue to do so.

So once again, thank you. Thanks to everyone who reads my guides and I hope that my guides help new players understand how things works.

Top Bottom