Jamal Hisin

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

After completing the situation and seeing the aftermath within both parties involved, I can really say that this whole thing was a mistake in my opinion. So I want to address a few things before I start discussing a solution to cop-baiting situations like this and the root it grew from.
- With limited end-game activity, some people get desperate for a fun rp situation
- When there is no competition for a certain org or group of people, gun fights can be scarce and coveted
- There are not many ways for people to practice gun fights/aim in Monolith
- There is a constant need for players to challenge themselves

So instead of making excuses or trying to defend myself or others, I am going to try to suggest some suggestions and hopefully make this thread a way for staff to see what some end-game players want to see in Monolith.

For starters, I really hope to see more of a PvP aspect then is already presented. I understand that Monolith is a SeriousRP server and that some things just cannot be allowed, but maybe duels, organized gun fights without intervention of cops, and maybe a king of the hill inspired idea where certain properties (non-rent-able) are available for criminals to take and gain buffs from such as money, guns, drugs, and other things but are subject to it being stolen by either cops or other criminals. As for the competition problem, this has been a problem ever since I played Monolith.

There always seemed to be that one org that just steamrolled the rest, and to be honest this is a difficult problem to find a solution for. Maybe lower max org size, lower the power of countering, I really don't know. For there not being a way to practice gun fights or aim in Monolith, I think that a shooting range would be a perfect addition to fix this. I know that in PD there is a shooting range available, but for the public shooting range it would have dummies, targets, and let people rent out guns and ammo to use at the range. That way if someone wanted to try an AUG for the first time, they would be free to. And if someone wanted to train their aim they would be able to. For the constant need for players to challenge themselves, it goes along with the competition problem. Maybe a PvE (player versus entity) building could be added where you would have to raid it for aces to pistol/rifle parts.

I want to reiterate again that in no way is this post to justify the penthouse cop raid. It's to prevent it from happening again. I hope that we can move on from this and onto a funner Monolith. If you have time to drop a suggestion, that would be much appreciated. Thanks and good night.

Last edited:

reqord

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

I mean, good post but it does belong under suggestions. I think that a pit area where criminals could 1v1 without fear of losing stuff would be so much fun but it would drag onto the frag RP problem.

Pyureh

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

How about this?

Gun range. Depending on the type of weapons you practice (pistols, shotguns, rifles), the price of the day at the range will vary ($1,000, $1,750, $ect) You also choose your range you would like to practice at this NPC. You may not bring your own weaponry into the range, and those must be stored prior to entering.

All weapons of that category you chose are FREE TO USE (including the attachments), you are renting them, and ammo is also provided and replenished on every weapon swap.

You are on a countdown, (10 minutes?), and you can leave whenever you'd like by speaking to an NPC, however, you won't get your money back. Ammo/Weapons are also removed from your inventory upon leaving.

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

How about this?

Gun range. Depending on the type of weapons you practice (pistols, shotguns, rifles), the price of the day at the range will vary ($1,000, $1,750, $ect) You also choose your range you would like to practice at this NPC. You may not bring your own weaponry into the range, and those must be stored prior to entering.

All weapons of that category you chose are FREE TO USE (including the attachments), you are renting them, and ammo is also provided and replenished on every weapon swap.

You are on a countdown, (10 minutes?), and you can leave whenever you'd like by speaking to an NPC, however, you won't get your money back. Ammo/Weapons are also removed from your inventory upon leaving.
People make gun range stores sometimes, maybe you can use that

Pyureh

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

People make gun range stores sometimes, maybe you can use that
Yes but if it was done by the server it can be more friendly, its always open and there, and players wouldn't constantly get arrested for Class 3's. But having one where cops/players don't even hear the gunshots, can use any weapon, don't have to craft any ammo would be better.