Plans After Monoford ???

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.
Jan 8, 2019
So after the release of monoford what plans are in mind for later down the road ???. you have all the resources to expand and move on to something bigger and better. you guys have come in and done great on garrys mod but with only a hand full of people that touch the game now the game has just past its era. I would love to see you guys move on to something where you can show more of your skills and dedication like you have done here. I know you guys like how approachable Gmod is to do what you want but aren't you guys sick of people coming in and treating it like trash, people not giving a shit about your hard work. The passion you all have would be great on a new project. Just think if you move to GTA or Arma yes there is a lot of servers but most of them are terrible you have a foundation to get started and i think you guys could do great. I am also sure you guys don't want to be stuck in the same place forever. @Gurrazor @DevulTj @TheMonolithStaffTeam I would love to get your thoughts and opinions on this. <3

Reactions: Edwig

Stuvi

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Report Management
Dec 10, 2016
Germany
  • S&box when it comes out at some point.
  • We figured to take a look at GTA5 RP - and we did - but have chosen not to do anything in that direction yet. I am a huge fan of GTA5 RP though, be it FiveM or other modifications.
  • ArmA is a no-no.

Kevin Deluca

Banned
Banned
Oct 21, 2018
Arma rp is scene is just as trash, dead rp so no point in going there. They have the knowledge and are doing well on gmod and i hope they continue with that.

Stuvi

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Report Management
Dec 10, 2016
Germany
GTA5 RP is good but limited in some areas like there is no skill building, no crafting, no proper gang wars etc.
Then you're on the wrong servers. I've played on a RP server with constantly 400+ players in-game where the roleplay was fantastic. GTA doesn't require crafting. Gang Wars are easy to do.

In the end you need the proper playerbase and gamemode functionalities. A playerbase that doesn't constantly whine about everything that happens to them. In RP you need to be able to win and to lose - and if you can't then you shouldn't RP.

Jan 8, 2019
  • S&box when it comes out at some point.
  • We figured to take a look at GTA5 RP - and we did - but have chosen not to do anything in that direction yet. I am a huge fan of GTA5 RP though, be it FiveM or other modifications.
  • ArmA is a no-no.
I think a monolith FiveM server would be grate and could blow up there are only a few good ones NoPixel TFRP and LA:RP 2 of them WL but going over to gta would be going away from what the Gmod monolith is and the plans you all setout for it. GTA i think you would need the WL police,ems ect.

Jan 8, 2019
Then you're on the wrong servers. I've played on a RP server with constantly 400+ players in-game where the roleplay was fantastic. GTA doesn't require crafting. Gang Wars are easy to do.

In the end you need the proper playerbase and gamemode functionalities. A playerbase that doesn't constantly whine about everything that happens to them. In RP you need to be able to win and to lose - and if you can't then you shouldn't RP.
100% a economy, good invent system, custom player & vehicle skins, a ALT menu, WL jobs, a community discord and fishing = grate start to a FiveM server

Jan 8, 2019
I have been on multiple Arma rp severs and they are trash. GTA5 RP is good but limited in some areas like there is no skill building, no crafting, no proper gang wars etc. Other than that its fun.
You dont need skill building in gta its RP the only thing skill should come in is making drugs like meth so you dont blow up. Crafting you can do that for guns/attachments gang wars are grate and better in gta than they are in Gmod (imo)

Stuvi

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Report Management
Dec 10, 2016
Germany
FiveM is good in terms of GTA5 functionality but bad in terms of player-management. It tops out at 64 while other modifications top at 600 with incredible environmental sync (player, vehicles, general gamemode functionalities) but can go beyond 1000.
This is because FiveM uses the GTA-Online framework where other modifications don't.

You dont need skill building in gta its RP the only thing skill should come in is making drugs like meth so you dont blow up. Crafting you can do that for guns/attachments gang wars are grate and better in gta than they are in Gmod (imo)
The main difference in GTA5 RP and Gmod is the playerbase. GTA players are mature and tend to improvise a lot more. They're not the typical TDM-kid that wants to rule the city but actually play and interact with other players - where as Gmod has a generally much younger playerbase where that type of RP doesn't work.

The stuff MonolithRP has to offer in Gmod can be transfered to GTA - but the question is if that would make sense in that setting.

Jan 8, 2019
FiveM is good in terms of GTA5 functionality but bad in terms of player-management. It tops out at 64 while other modifications top at 600 with incredible environmental sync (player, vehicles, general gamemode functionalities) but can go beyond 1000.
This is because FiveM uses the GTA-Online framework where other modifications don't.
View attachment 7689

The main difference in GTA5 RP and Gmod is the playerbase. GTA players are mature and tend to improvise a lot more. They're not the typical TDM-kid that wants to rule the city but actually play and interact with other players - where as Gmod has a generally much younger playerbase where that type of RP doesn't work.

The stuff MonolithRP has to offer in Gmod can be transfered to GTA - but the question is if that would make sense in that setting.
imo I think it could work and really blow up start with 1 pub server 32 slots try go towards the mature playerbase and work from there. But we wont know untill it is tried XD