Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:123736760
Your Character Name: Alex Herrera

Target Steam Name: DystopianRaven
Target SteamID: STEAM_0:0:144285202
Target Character Name (if known): Viktor Sokolov

Request Reason: RDM
When did the situation occur?: 3:30 AM EST 4/1/21
Your evidence to support your claim:
(the girl in the video is my girlfriend and she doesn't play GMOD)

Additional members involved/witnessing:
Read, understood and followed player report rules?: Yes

Last edited:

Sokolov

Awards

Years of Mono

LV

1. You had been honking for so long causing a massive disturbance around the city, I had RP reason to put an end to it. PLUS I had the 1 hour reason to kill based on a situation that happened within the last hour of that situation, I had KOS on him and the honking only made me find him easier.

2. Spamming your horn is a rule violation, staff failed to intervene during the continuous honking.

First and last comment of my defence.

Last edited:

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Under Review

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

PLUS I had the 1 hour reason to kill based on a situation that happened within the last hour of that situation, I had KOS on him and the honking only made me find him easier.
Do you mind elaborating on what the situation was? Since merely honking a horn is not a good reason for immediate lethal action.
(I know you said that comment would be your only comment of defense, but I don't think that's a great legal strategy tbh)

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

@heater Does his response sounds incorrect?

Sokolov

Awards

Years of Mono

LV

This report is basically irrelevant now, Heater has been banned for one year.

heater

Event Team
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Still doesn't void the fact that you broke the rules. // @Alphadef I've told him via PMs that I was trying to honk at my friend who was new to the server to get off medic and teach him more to just being a medic and he was taking forever so at the time no one was around and I kept honking at him to get in the vehicle.

There's nothing in the rules that states that honking your horn repeatedly is against the rules but I guess Mr. Sokolov got annoyed by the fact and decided to shoot me and take matters into his own hands to RDM me and I usually don't bother in making reports unless it's either something severe or the opposing player had NITRP or I lose something and in this situation I loss a Vector.

but at the end of the day I take into consideration on who the person is and realize it doesn't matter what is loss or what they did but who they are.
and I've had many great roleplay interactions with him and hope to have more once I get unbanned in a year, I don't wish for @DystopianRaven to receive any punishments but for it to be a learning reason to take killing another player sensibly and not as a first resort.

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

The PR rules don't say that your report is invalidated if you get banned. Debatably, horn spam could fall under the rules against spam but regardless it isn't Victor's place to enforce them. So I would like to hear more about this KOS situation, please.

heater

Event Team
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

The PR rules don't say that your report is invalidated if you get banned. Debatably, horn spam could fall under the rules against spam but regardless it isn't Victor's place to enforce them. So I would like to hear more about this KOS situation, please.
There's not really much to it after he told me to stop, I honked my horn 3 more times to tone with my horrible singing and without warning of lethal actions I was killed by his MR96.

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

@DystopianRaven You have 24 hours to bring up what reason you had to kill the player, or this will be handled without your input.

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

@DystopianRaven has failed to elaborate on the situation within 24 hours, and as such this report will be concluded without his input.

[1.3] Do not take matters into your own hands. The staff is here for a reason. Their decisions are final. Do not disrespect or test their patience. Take it to the appropriate forum board if required.
[1.9] You may not spam in any way and form. This includes, but is not limited to, in-game chat, voice chat and in-game commands.
[2.2.1] You may not kill or knock out players without a valid In-Character reason.
[2.2.2] You may not kill a player for simply insulting you. Threaten them with a firearm and alternatively shoot them to injure them first. If they persist after this, you are free to kill them.
[2.2.4] Attacking to kill should be carried out sensibly and not as a first resort, unless you have a good reason for immediate lethal action.

From what I can see, Viktor failed to meet a criteria for killing another player. His threat was not sufficient, as he did so empty handed. Being annoyed is not a sufficient reason for attacking to kill. Additionally, while excessive usage of the car horn could be considered spam (@heater please keep this in mind in the future), it is not your place to enforce them. As a result @DystopianRaven will receive 1 Warning Point for RDM.

Additionally, the situation will be voided. You are free to request any lost items in the refund request section of the forums using the format found here.
However, as heater has been banned for a year, I don't think this is super applicable.

If I've missed anything, or if you would like to discuss any part of this verdict, please let me know through private messages here or on discord.

Player Report Accepted,
Locked and Moved

Status
Not open for further replies.