Status
Not open for further replies.

DevulTj

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

Michael and Maj were demoted from a disagreement. Joey was considered immature and not suitable for SA because he had a cartoon frog as his profile picture. Gregg expressed suggestions of staff praise, but Tj thought the idea was "retarded". There are several other examples of this poor decision-making occurring. It is simply untrue that your rank is entirely unaffected for expressing an opinion that is unfit of CM.
I don't know Michael's demotion reason. Maj was demoted for harassing and insulting Mark for 2 hours straight after getting denied a Developer position.

iOWymZ9.png

I'm going to show the start of a 2 hour insult fest conversation when Maj.Kat was very angry at Mark for not being allowed to be in the Development Team because his work wasn't up to scratch with what we need as Developers for one of the most complex gamemodes on Garry's Mod.

He was not demoted for a "disagreement" - so please, do NOT try to imply a false narrative just for the sake of drama.

DevulTj

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

FreeSpy443 said:
Gregg brings valid points and trying to invalidate them (Like Jucamais pointed out) is just wrong. It doesn't necesarily matter what intent there is if the points are actual facts, which, they are.
I've not invalidated his points. You're completely misreading the post if you think that.

FreeSpy443 said:
This is very much true from what it looks like, due to a number of things,
1. Actual censorship

There have been so many cases of censorship that I've lost count at this rate, over the 2 years i've been here, but I'll bring up that some videos and some topics that dont break rules such as racism or homophobia are not allowed to be talked on, and so they are avoided (but present), with it even being shadowed in the community meeting.
I know exactly what videos you're talking about. Of COURSE they're going to get deleted, because it's simply to stir drama. But not once have we requested to have them legally taken down, because that would be wrong. I'm sorry for the actions I've committed in the past - and I'm going to work to solve them.

Credence

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Why michael was demoted from my pov: Melody was mayor and cause a massive riot on the server between cops and civs over her dead dog or something. Me and nik melander were on freq and near pd and pmx was chief and something happened between him and nik that caused him to arrest nik. i had a gun on my and sneaked up behind pmx and shot him in the head and freed nik. Pmx makes a sit on me saying i was cop baiting and michael didnt agree and closed his report. pmx got super mad and left the server and a couple of hours later i see on the forums michael being demoted. now i dont know what happened between them off the server but im pretty sure what i did got michael demoted.

parkerx

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

I'm going to show the start of a 2 hour insult fest conversation when Maj.Kat was very angry at Mark for not being allowed to be in the Development Team because his work wasn't up to scratch with what we need as Developers for one of the most complex gamemodes on Garry's Mod.

He was not demoted for a "disagreement" - so please, do NOT try to imply a false narrative just for the sake of drama.
Call it "drama", call it "malicious intent", throw around whichever of those words you choose to call it. It is not a false narrative. You let thousands of free hours feel invalidated over a conversation. I'm not going to input too much on this, I'll let Maj do it if he wants.

DevulTj

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

Call it "drama", call it "malicious intent", throw around whichever of those words you choose to call it. It is not a false narrative. You let thousands of free hours feel invalidated over a conversation. I'm not going to input too much on this, I'll let Maj do it if he wants.
Parker,

It's most definitely a false narrative, henceforth the response that I provided. The development team is part of extremely talented and hardcore Garry's Mod veterans who have been making shit for the game for onwards of 11 years.

"You let thousands of free hours invalidated over a conversation" - You're downplaying the fact that Maj lost his shit, and took it out on someone. That doesn't get ignored. And 'thousands of free hours' isn't a reason to hire someone as a Developer. If that was the case, we'd hire everyone.

We hire people because of their experience and talent to develop amazing complex features with mind for optimization. That wasn't the case with Maj. and we gave him multiple chances spread across many months to improve.

parkerx

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Advertising other communities is not permitted here.
We hire people because of their experience and talent to develop amazing complex features with mind for optimization. That wasn't the case with Maj. and we gave him multiple chances spread across many months to improve.
We'll see what happens with -snipped community name-

DevulTj

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

We'll see what happens with -snipped community name-
Sigh. That is disappointing. It's now clear that community advertisement and taking advantage of a situation was your sole goal here.

parkerx

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Inappropriate behaviour. De-railing OP's main topic.
Sigh. That is disappointing. It's now clear that community advertisement and taking advantage of a situation was your sole goal here.
Ah yes. I wrote hundreds of words of valid honest criticism to advertise my community and then write a post that I know would get deleted and possibly leave my account forum banned. Are you Sherlock Holmes?

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I gotta interrupt you here, him saying "We'll see what happens with __________________" Isn't him advertising it and just trying to invalidate his complaints on the basis that he mentioned another community is unfair.

DevulTj

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

I gotta interrupt you here, him saying "We'll see what happens with __________________" Isn't him advertising it and just trying to invalidate his complaints on the basis that he mentioned another community is unfair.
That's definitely advertising. That's the exact definition of it.

Thy

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

Just because he has ulterior motives doesn't mean he hasn't made some valid points in this thread. And that's not what we are saying.

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Just because he has ulterior motives doesn't mean he hasn't made some valid points in this thread. And that's not what we are saying.
That is what sole means. What Tj said tries to invalidate everything parker brought up and act as if it was all a plot to say _______ for advertisement

DevulTj

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

That is what sole means. What Tj said tries to invalidate everything parker brought up and act as if it was all a plot to say _______ for advertisement
It was definitely a ploy. Doesn't mean we're going to invalidate valid points. I would suggest dropping this as it's grasping on straws. Let's not derail this thread further than it already has. I'd love for us all to get back to more constructive points.

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

It was definitely a ploy. Doesn't mean we're going to invalidate valid points. I would suggest dropping this as it's grasping on straws. Let's not derail this thread further than it already has. I'd love for us all to get back to more constructive points.
Im just gonna reply to this last thing since you replied to mine. It seems unfair/unreasonable to say it was a ploy from the start and then suspending him for challenging you on it. It just kind of adds what some people think about censorship which other cm's have claimed doesn't happen.

DevulTj

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

Im just gonna reply to this last thing since you replied to mine. It seems unfair/unreasonable to say it was a ploy from the start and then suspending him for challenging you on it. It just kind of adds what some people think about censorship which other cm's have claimed doesn't happen.
I disagree. I didn't suspend him for challenging me on it. I suspended him for Community Advertisement.

Thy

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

In the coming week I will write up a new document related to forum moderation and how it should be carried out. Hopefully this will solve a lot of the complaints related to the forum side of things. I may post the document or at least parts of it publicly for you guys to see it if that is something you would like and be interested in.

Zynthax

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

In the coming week I will write up a new document related to forum moderation and how it should be carried out. Hopefully this will solve a lot of the complaints related to the forum side of things. I may post the document or at least parts of it publicly for you guys to see it if that is something you would like and be interested in.
It would be nice to see this kind of information regarding in game sits. If you want to be transparent, it would be cool for us to know how sits must be handled in game, that way, we can overwatch staff too.

Status
Not open for further replies.