Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeSpy

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Most of these changes will be internal, for our staff, and not an outward facing thing. However, I believe the changes implemented will lead to better interactions as I stated. You'll need to give it a little bit of time to take effect, as I'm still working on it, but if there's still issues we'll address them. Like I said, don't stop bringing up the issues you see. My DMs are always open if you have questions or complaints.
And this is our problem here. The lack of transparency, which is also a big factor with my other reply half an hour before this. People can't see the changes you make to the staff team, and to the outside, it looks the same. How can we stop penting up frustrations and some anger towards staff when we can't see anything being done about the issues that got us to this point, where we need a player v staff thread type thing.

Bapho

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

We don't tell anyone about our anti cheat measures, yourself included. I won't comment on it other than the fact that you're wrong.
Alright, I'll bite. What CAN you show us about your anti-cheat measures? When can we see tangible proof of it working besides on people who blatantly cheat with low-tier free software? HOW can you PROVE us wrong? I've heard and seen this said by management so many times, that it's become almost insulting. It is not commonly known that there cheat programs that allow obvious alternate accounts of banned players to stay and roam on the server, even reaching endgame levels, as well as cheating to get there? I swear, I'm seeing what looks like alt accounts come from rags to riches faster, and more than ever nowadays.

Do you want me to buy keys for the pricey cheat programs and give you them, if it means some sort of noticeable forward progress?

Reactions: Tye

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Alright, I'll bite. What CAN you show us about your anti-cheat measures? When can we see tangible proof of it working besides on people who blatantly cheat with low-tier free software? HOW can you PROVE us wrong? I've heard and seen this said by management so many times, that it's become almost insulting. It is not commonly known that there cheat programs that allow obvious alternate accounts of banned players to stay and roam on the server, even reaching endgame levels, as well as cheating to get there? I swear, I'm seeing what looks like alt accounts come from rags to riches faster, and more than ever nowadays.

Do you want me to buy keys for the pricey cheat programs and give you them, if it means some sort of noticeable forward progress?
Yeah can we have any sort of proof that it works, Thompson was the most blatant cheater ive ever seen and only got banned when he accidentally leaked his own cheats. So many cheating reports get denied for insufficient evidence then in a month some random person who wasnt cheating will get banned randomly. It feels like you just flip a coin on who gets banned for cheating and who doesn't, if there is an anticheat it isnt a good one, or you just dont act on what it catches.

Thy

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

EDIT: Thread is locked, no point in this post.

If anyone has any questions, concerns or critisism or simply wants to talk about a topic in this thread, or an opportunity to elaborate on this discussion, I can be reached both on the forum conversations and my discord DM's which are open for anyone on the discord server.

Last edited:

Gurra

Community Director
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I'm glad that we had an opportunity to hear you out in this thread and during the community meeting that we hosted. We genuinely appreciate constructive criticism and will definitely work on some areas for improvement that we've taken note of during the last few weeks. It's key for us to understand these and one of the most valuable inputs are of course our players who experience the gamemode and community regularly from the perspective of a regular user.

I will also point out that we don't agree with all of the criticism or statements that have been raised and that's the way it works. Criticism and disagreements work both ways, but we certainly welcome it as long as its with good intensions. Some really valuable criticism has definitely been raised and we are using it to improve aspects of the community and gamemode. With all that said, I will conclude and lock this thread now. We've locked these sort of threads in past and will continue doing so since they carry a high probability of escalating, becoming messy and turning into drama. You can disagree, but for me that's not about censorship, but about the having these highly critical and tense discussions in the right setting to keep them constructive and allow them to yield productive results. For example, better settings might be voice chats such as during community meetings or threads focused on specific and concrete topic as opposed to a broad free-for-all. Another example of this sort of sectioning is staff and player reports - we have specific sections for these to ensure some degree of due process and structure to dealing with them and reaching an outcome. In summary, we always welcome criticism, as long as it's channelled in the designated settings and with constructive intensions.

The point above is not something I invented overnight but something that has been close to heart ever since I founded Monolith. I've been in communities where large drama threads are a constant thing, leading to a depressing and tiresome atmosphere that ruins the joy and positivity that a game community is supposed to be about. Worst of all, those sort of threads generally failed to yield meaningful results since they quickly lost any structure and focus. Maybe just to show that this has been considered very carefully for a long time, I'll conclude this thread by pasting part of our Steam Group's description that I wrote before we launched Monolith:

"Our vision extends beyond the game experience. We hope to see a better kind of environment than what is far too common in many communities. This ought to be a friendly place. Not necessarily an overly polite one, but at the very least a respectful one. Of course, we will allow criticism and good-hearted jokes, but there's a line when fun goes from being just that and is rather more offensive and excessive. Nobody here should come home from school or work - tired from a long busy day - and confront hate, abuse or drama - and all that kind of nonsense that ruins what communities are really supposed to be about. This community is about achievement, ambition, and fellowship. We will do everything we can to make sure that you can contribute as far as you want, have a good time with your friends, and importantly - feel proud of what we accomplish together."

Thank you for all the constructive feedback and criticism over the last few weeks - now we'll be looking at how to concretely address it to improve the community and game experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.