Status
Not open for further replies.

ammeo

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Its extremely annoying and abusive. Should be completely removed from this server.

redw1re

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Make towtruck driver a whitelisted position... i know thats extreme but im sick of this crap as well... The towtruck is like a 10 ton wrecking ball that just destroys my car on contact and I just experienced some dude swerve into me on the highway on purpose and ANNIHILATED me and my car...

Danniel Pogi

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

facts

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Danniel Pogi

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

what is this for?

ammeo

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

I had my car trunk filled with iron, coal and silver and i was heading to the factory to make bars out of them. I stopped at the townhall for like 5 mins and properly parked my car and Poof my car is not there anymore. Lost all my stuff and lost all my time grinding them just because of a tow truck minger.

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Removing a RP job punishes everyone who plays that job, even those who take the time to roleplay it properly. If we just removed gameplay mechanics simply because "they're too easily abused", then why not remove them all?

Too much VDM? Well let's remove all vehicles
Too much RDM? Let's get rid of guns
Too much Police FailRP? Trash it too

This is the whole point of having a rulebook and a staff team that enforces it, to monitor/punish rulebreakers so the other players get to have an enjoyable experience on the server. I don't see why other tow truck drivers have to suffer just because of actions taken by other individuals.

Aleksandr

Monolith Grinder
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Maik Tow Truck Premium job

thtgeekydude

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

pretty sure alot of us know why we wouldn't want to be staff
Removing a RP job punishes everyone who plays that job, even those who take the time to roleplay it properly. If we just removed gameplay mechanics simply because "they're too easily abused", then why not remove them all?

Too much VDM? Well let's remove all vehicles
Too much RDM? Let's get rid of guns
Too much Police FailRP? Trash it too

This is the whole point of having a rulebook and a staff team that enforces it, to monitor/punish rulebreakers so the other players get to have an enjoyable experience on the server. I don't see why other tow truck drivers have to suffer just because of actions taken by other individuals.
I personally feel more blacklists should be handed out to Tow truck drivers that PURPOSELY abuse, As in A perm blacklist from it or something, As a ban will just keep them away until they decide to break a rule again, And pointing to "Become staff" is not a fair point at all, As staff are held to WAY higher standards, Along with then have obligations to the server, Players play to play

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I personally feel more blacklists should be handed out to Tow truck drivers that PURPOSELY abuse, As in A perm blacklist from it or something
That is a fair point, but a drastic punishment like that comes when a staff member deems a player completely and repeatedly disregards a rule.

pretty sure alot of know why we wouldn't want to be staff
pointing to "Become staff" is not a fair point at all, As staff are held to WAY higher standards, Along with then have obligations to the server, Players play to play
I never said they were not, but if there's more staff members then there's better moderation of the server and thus better mitigation of FailRP tow truck drivers

thtgeekydude

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

That is a fair point, but a drastic punishment like that comes when a staff member deems a player completely and repeatedly disregards a rule.

I never said they were not, but if there's more staff members then there's better moderation of the server and thus better mitigation of FailRP tow truck drivers
Tbh we need more EU Staff more than anything, Only time i ever see staff NOT online is when its really early US time, Thats when Most rulebreaks run Rampant

Mazen

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

Tbh we need more EU Staff more than anything, Only time i ever see staff NOT online is when its really early US time, Thats when Most rulebreaks run Rampant
Indeed

Sokolov

Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Record and report... Even if you have to record at 144p and 10fps because you cant fit more that 1-MB in your storage, the video literally just needs to show (start to finish with sound) what the driver of the tow truck is doing wrong. If no one reports these people "abusing" than how do you suppose we punish them.

The tow driving job had been a highly requested job during the time it wasn't available and now that its back and better, people still complain.

DangerZone640

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Trust me, there are good tow truck drivers out there. When I played, people used to mingle on me and mess with my truck when I was just doing my job. The issue I saw was that if I tried to tow a vehicle people would just mug me and got it back. Or they got back into their car and drove off. It may be different now but there are still people who like to play as them realistically.

Backflare

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

You also have to take into account that there are really bad drivers who when pulling out of town hall slam into like 9 cars pushing them out of their parking spot your vehicle may of been hit by a person and got towed for being illegally parked even if you parked it correctly.

Luvbunny

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

While i think that the current systems that are in place to prevent the abuse of the tow job, i think the job itself is a necessity. There's no denial that there are horrible drivers that park there car anywhere.

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

The job is not going to be removed nor whitelisted. Otherwise, we should remove weapons and cars, etc, which are the main cause of rulebreaks.

If a tow truck driver impounds your car incorrectly, make a report with valid evidence. Otherwise, it is impossible for us to see wether the car was parked legally or not. If it is shown a tow truck driver broke the rules they will be punished accordingly, using blacklists, warning points, whatever the staff member handling the sit deems fair.

You also have to take into account that there are really bad drivers who when pulling out of town hall slam into like 9 cars pushing them out of their parking spot your vehicle may of been hit by a person and got towed for being illegally parked even if you parked it correctly.

Precisely, this is a roleplay server. It can happen and that should be dealt with in roleplay accordingly.

This is no different than other rulebreaks that require video evidence.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.