MRP Police Counter Raid

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerZone640

Monolith Addict
Description of suggestion: I believe that the counter-raid timer should be changed to allow 2 or so minutes [Possibly less like 1 minute] for the owners/org members of the building to counter the police raid within that time limit.

The reason why it should be added: While this seems trivial as this would allow you to flank them easily this also enhances the RP more dramatically as it then requires the Police Dpt to coordinate their raids and set up a proper perimeter [Currently they just run in guns blazing.] and actually put deputies to use as they can now use their resources and set up a proper perimeter to watch outside and let the SWAT force deal with the inside. I think that you can possibly reduce this to 30s or maybe a minute if you believe that having it open for too long would be overkill. This is a way to balance out the 2 life rule that everyone cries about as you can potentially get rid of their first wave. [This also brings in Sniper play by the SWAT force as they can snipe anyone attempting to make an enterance]

Now, this does bring into account for other things like if they hang around. This is something that they should add as well, that they cannot just hang around outside and must make an attempt to make it into the building and not sit outside [Unless fleeing the building as per the other rule].

Once the window [1-2 minutes] is closed they cannot engage the police at all so it will return to being the No Counterraiding Police as it stands.

While the window seems extremely small this encourages *

Horrendous Gaming

Monolith Pleb
Dec 29, 2017
Michigan, United States of America
I think that it should just be allowed all together. Cause there would be constant conflict, to find out whether counters were in that 2 minutes. Cops already have enough advantages with the NLR rule, so I feel like countering should be perfectly reasonable.

Reactions: Edwig and wiz

imaspy14

Jan 26, 2018
Canada
Come on really when this first happened in Rockford we fought about this rule in R10 with some of the SAs and they just aid no so I'm pretty sure they won't change there mind and like tyro said it should be allowed all together because let's see cops get this (free guns, free cars, free kev, free medkits, free money for playing on a job, having two lives, having swat with big kev do I need to do on ?

Last edited:
Reactions: wiz

Brad

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Marketing Team
Event Team
Apr 11, 2019
+support

Tayven99

Nov 19, 2018
+support

Buddyro22

Aug 23, 2017
+support seems unrealistic that NO ONE can counter cop raids . Would put some weapons into use as in the SNIPER RIFLES no one ever uses. Also enhances role play would cops making them for vigilant as they should be in the first place instead of just staring at one opponent (people in the house) they would have to be on guard for the surrounding people making it a better role play experience . Feel as of the counter raid can only apply to people ACTUALLY BASING like if they left to restock on supplies and while the person is gone they get cop raided. Thus he can help outside

Violence

Banned
Banned
Oct 20, 2018
Lemme shoot pigs from behind like fck why do I have to be stuck in a place with no support when I know I got guys on the outside willing to help zzz

SKuLLzSKiLLz

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Marketing Team
Media Creator
Event Team
Dec 27, 2018
At the moment all cops need to do is spray wall bangs and through the door then just rush and there is nothing criminals can do yet this would utilise the SWAT Commander and Sheriff more as it would require some people to actually establish a permiter and have some more risk to their job. It would also make it more fair to the raiders.

Lets be honest, cops don't lose anything when they die yet it is so depressing when you die after basing with like 50k worth of coke stuff: Stove, Materials, Guns and anything else you have used. This just makes sense and i see no negative impacts.

I would like to mention though that it should only be people who are related to the base that should be allowed to counter and not any old makarov bandit.

Reactions: gm1003

klas

Mar 5, 2019
+support on busy cop days there can be 20+ cops with 2 lives raiding just a few guys with guns. Way too OP

DystopianRaven

Monolith Pleb
Jun 24, 2017
New Zealand
Problem I see is that these people that show up to counter the police may appear as random outsiders to the police and staff like myself. During the raid police wouldn't know if the people countering are actually apart of that base or if they are just randoms helping the defenders, same with someone like myself spectating over a raid, without interacting with the raiders there would be no efficient way for me to determine if they are occupants of the base and thus I would immediately have to assume they are randoms.

This would only complicate the situation for everyone, because;
  1. Who keeps track of the timer, who determines when the timer starts and ends, this would only cause conflict and reports mid raid.
  2. How do you expect staff and police to know if the counter raiders are actually part of the household, again, more reports would be made mid raid.
Either counter raiding is allowed or it isn't,
and in between only allowing members to counter in a timed window is ridiculous, In my two years experience in monolith I can see the reports and chaos in sits, I want no part of that... interesting concept but poor logic

- Support

Reactions: gm1003

PMX

MRP Server Director
MRP Server Director
Forum Moderator
Report Management
MRP Recruitment Team
Dec 3, 2016
Problem I see is that these people that show up to counter the police may appear as random outsiders to the police and staff like myself. During the raid police wouldn't know if the people countering are actually apart of that base or if they are just randoms helping the defenders, same with someone like myself spectating over a raid, without interacting with the raiders there would be no efficient way for me to determine if they are occupants of the base and thus I would immediately have to assume they are randoms.
The rule was created due to this exact situation. There were people that would just show up and shoot law enforcement officers without any affiliation to the raid whatsoever. This created sits where it was almost impossible to tell who was part of the raid, who was in the base, etc.

And before you mention it, staff members are often busy dealing with reports and other situations. We cannot watch every single raid that takes place.

I believe that the counter-raid timer should be changed to allow 2 or so minutes [Possibly less like 1 minute] for the owners/org members of the building to counter the police raid within that time limit.
This would be impossible to enforce. As mentioned before, we are unable to watch every raid that takes place. Therefore, we would not be able to tell if they counter-raided within the limit, etc. Again, this would make sits even longer than they need to be.

We may change the rule in the future, but right now it will remain as is.
Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.