SammyZZ

Monolith Rookie
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Type of feedback: Suggestion
Title: Police Warrant Adjustment
Links, videos, context (we love more information, media, etc.): n/a

Warrants are very broken, and abused. I've heard of, been told from warranted people, and witnessed, either:
A. "I'll just have my friend kill me to get it removed"
or
B. "I'll just rejoin the server real quick."
Or a variation of one of these, or witnessed the event itself happen (primarily rejoining the server).

I am suggesting that warrants do not get dismissed after rejoining, or after some deaths, which I will go in to later. Instead of suggesting that warrants last indefinitely, I believe they should stay for 24 hours. I understand that warrants do a number of things, including freezing bank accounts and bank access. This is a detriment to some vital aspects of the server during the time in which they are active, so indefinite warrants would not be feasible. I feel that 24 hours is a reasonable length of time where warrants would hold some weight to being applied, while not prolonging the time a warranted user would have to deal with the repercussions and thus making their experience lesser. Obviously, upon arrest & booking warrants would be retracted as normal.

As for the death aspect, as I understand it warrants are removed upon the user's death because of NLR. However, in my own experience the warranted user will continue as if they had never died- primarily because they usually have their friend kill them specifically to get rid of the warrant- using the same car, doing the same things, as if they had never died. The Police Department has no knowledge they have died, and I believe to curb having a friend kill them and keeping their items to remove warrants, only Police/SWAT and Security killing a warranted individual should remove said person's warrant.

Mavv

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

Trooper C. Winters

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

+Support
The only part I am concerned about is the warrant not being removed on Death. When you die, you should start a new life.
However, in my own experience the warranted user will continue as if they had never died- primarily because they usually have their friend kill them specifically to get rid of the warrant- using the same car, doing the same things, as if they had never died.
I do get your point; I've dealt with a few sites regarding this. And yeah, most of the time, it goes unnoticed as the only way it gets enforced is if it gets reported by someone who saw and recorded it or a staff member catches them in action. As in the past, the only way I caught people doing this was by doing proactive staffing (Not commonly done by staff in my experience.)

In conclusion, I think everything else suggested should be added. And as for people cheating warrants by having their friends kill them, we need to find another solution.

SammyZZ

Monolith Rookie
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

The only part I am concerned about is the warrant not being removed on Death. When you die, you should start a new life.
Honestly, I debated even adding it into the suggestion. Really, if warrants just weren't removed upon rejoining the server (i.e. the first half of the suggestion), anyone keeping track of said warrants could reasonably assume that the person had died, and would have no reason to pursue it further. I'll keep the second half of the suggestion in, but I'd really be fine with just the first half being considered.

Retsillac

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I think that possibly adding a timer (say an hour maybe?) after the person becomes warranted, that warrant stays on said person regardless of disconnecting from the server. Obviously if they die or go to jail it goes away. If there were a way to somehow keep the warrant on them when killed by say an org member, party member, or people on the same frequency, that wouldn’t be a bad idea. However there are still ways around that so not too sure if it would even be worth it to implement.

I’d have to say +Support, but maybe not to the extent that you listed.

Phenix

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

+ support, just like how trooper mentioned, the death part is a concern, but there could be work arrounds