Bob Santoro

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Ok, so I just saw a post saying that Monolith should let players invest in businesses, and this gave me the idea to allow my business to be opened up for investments. IDK though if this is allowed by the rules as I can see it being a little wishy-washy, but I definitely think this type of roleplay with actual cash incentive would be very interesting when played out. It also would allow for a new dynamic in the game, where a skilled investor could make serious money if they negotiate properly. Of course, the business would have to be willing to offer equity, but I would definitely open my kerosene business to potential investments if it is allowed. Does anyone know?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tye

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

It wouldn't be against the rules to let ppl invest in you're business what rules would prevent that or seem as they do?

Bob Santoro

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

@Tye
idk its just not a thing even though I feel like it definitely would be if people had the idea in mind. IK a lot of people are gonna say its too risky or something but I feel like that's all apart of it that the business doesn't flop or something.

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

@Tye
idk its just not a thing even though I feel like it definitely would be if people had the idea in mind. IK a lot of people are gonna say its too risky or something but I feel like that's all apart of it that the business doesn't flop or something.
In terms of rules ur fine. I doubt anyone will get involved with it tho sadly. Passive rp and stuff like that are rare af but if u want an investor lmk id be down.

FreeSpy

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Right now as it stands the only people that are going to invest in "business" are going to be fellow org members and that would be by asking for a class 3 or some minuscule item for a raid or something, or to lend a minifridge for some lsd.

It is easier to invest in yourself rather than loan money because no one will pay you back the money you loan to others. There's no obligation and more of an honor code, but, it's monolith. Nothing stops the person from DCing and never coming back.

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Right now as it stands the only people that are going to invest in "business" are going to be fellow org members and that would be by asking for a class 3 or some minuscule item for a raid or something, or to lend a minifridge for some lsd.

It is easier to invest in yourself rather than loan money because no one will pay you back the money you loan to others. There's no obligation and more of an honor code, but, it's monolith. Nothing stops the person from DCing and never coming back.
Actually there is "
  1. In-character scamming other players of in-game items are limited to either 20.000 dollars in cash OR three firearms of any kind. You may only scam someone for EITHER the money or firearms, not both. Scamming regarding membership to organizations is not allowed under any circumstances."
So if you just dc and didn't even try to use the money and pay em back then it would be against the rules.

Bob Santoro

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

It deserves a suggestion.
The issue is I know for a fact that getting this off the ground properly is too difficult for the development team. You'd need some way to track purchases or else there could be investor fraud, and that is impossible to do. It will only take off if you invest in someone you trust that you know wont jip you

shain

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

The issue is I know for a fact that getting this off the ground properly is too difficult for the development team. You'd need some way to track purchases or else there could be investor fraud, and that is impossible to do. It will only take off if you invest in someone you trust that you know wont jip you
Well its not hard actually, just make a log and fund amount of budget you have for your small business. Log each purchase you get, or make. Log each investor (if they're up for it). And at the end of the day you can see if you've made a profit or have not. Just for the fun of it ill even invest in your business. A tip for this is to make your logs public, for people to see, maybe in google docs. And to store this stuff try and apply For Org so you can store links and document on the forums, and even have people apply.

Reactions: DK.