MRP Raid Timers

• ⚠ ⚠ Server Downtime ⚠ ⚠
    🛠 Planned Maintenance On Hosting Infrastructure 🛠
    📍 Affected Location(s): Entire Dallas, TX Infrastructure 📍
    🕔 ETA: Maybe Sunday, 18:00 - Monday, 23:59 CEST 🕔
    (24h - 48h, starting from 00:30 CEST, Sunday)
  • Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

Banned
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Description of suggestion:
(Provide a detailed description of what you are suggesting) Changing Raid and Mug timers so that you can perform 3 mugs every hour and 3 raids every hour. However you can mug or raid the same person within this hour to prevent targeting.
Reason why it should be added
: (Explain why your suggestion should be implemented) This just works way better than having to set a timer for 60 minutes and it gives people more things to do for starters. Also its not like you can just raid or mug the same person so its not gonna cause a problem there. This really is just a thing I saw on a different server and it flows very well because there's less reports causing a lot of log checks breaking timer. Also no1 gets in trouble for breaking raid timer because they have those 3 raids every hour. SO they don't go around breaking raid timer or killing people because they have a actual way to do it. I understand you might say this is for the frag scene but its really not its a better way to negate targeting. It also gives people a different way to make money.
Related content
: (Include Steam Workshop links or other relevant content needed) None

ProximaSync

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Marketing Team
Media Creator
Event Team
Jun 5, 2019
-support, I do agree that raid timer and mugging timers are too long but the concept of 3 raid per hours is a bad method of getting more raids in.

Maj.Kat

MRP Senior Administrator
MRP Senior Administrator
Forum Moderator
Marketing Team
Event Team
MRP Recruitment Team
Jul 6, 2018
I do not really support this idea and in my opinion, will not be approved. Here's why: Each organization, group of people or just players will be able to perform 3 raids every hour, that is more than they need. The amount of crime would be insane. Allowing more crime to happen in a certain amount of time just contributes to FragRP. Every organization would be constantly raiding non-stop, this is a roleplay server and not just CrimeRP. I, myself, don't even like basing if I even do roleplay, because I get raided within 30 minutes every time. I am just throwing that out there, I doubt this will be approved, everyone would be 24/7 raiding/mugging, it is literally just allowing big organizations to take over the server.

Scotty

Banned
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I do not really support this idea and in my opinion, will not be approved. Here's why: Each organization, group of people or just players will be able to perform 3 raids every hour, that is more than they need. The amount of crime would be insane. Allowing more crime to happen in a certain amount of time just contributes to FragRP. Every organization would be constantly raiding non-stop, this is a roleplay server and not just CrimeRP. I, myself, don't even like basing if I even do roleplay, because I get raided within 30 minutes every time. I am just throwing that out there, I doubt this will be approved, everyone would be 24/7 raiding/mugging, it is literally just allowing big organizations to take over the server.
Works completely fine on P**P just saying and the orgs on there are more overpowered because levels increase your aim stability and such and they have the same if not more numbers but as you wish

SKuLLzSKiLLz

Dec 27, 2018
I mean it sounds fun from my raiders point of view, but fromwhen i am making coke i would be kinda resistant to base because of this. Doubled edged sword, i understand why you want to do it but i do not think it will improve the server.

misterjokeman

Jul 21, 2017
I mean it sounds fun from my raiders point of view, but fromwhen i am making coke i would be kinda resistant to base because of this. Doubled edged sword, i understand why you want to do it but i do not think it will improve the server.
The thing about this is when you get raided while doing coke you're probably gonna avoid doing coke for a while if you end up losing your supplies. By the time you're ready to do it again raid timer will be over anyways, it sounds like a double edged sword but in reality it will just allow people to not get banned for raiding 15 minutes too early when they raided 45 minutes ago. Also noone bases anyways LOL.

gm1003

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Forum Moderator
Report Management
Marketing Team
Event Team
MRP Recruitment Team
Jul 7, 2018
College Station, TX
Mixed feelings about this really, it sounds like new players would just get raided more frequently and they’ll get discouraged from playing on the server eventually. Reason why is because they don’t have the resources to carry out as many raids as the big orgs to take advantage of this suggestion.

It feels unbalanced.

Adam James

Banned
Banned
Jul 31, 2017
Somalia
Idk tbh there's no fat bases anymore and there's not many strong orgs that can compete I think the raid timer is sometimes a good protector of the weak.

DystopianRaven

Banned
Banned
Jun 24, 2017
New Zealand
so that you can perform 3 mugs every hour and 3 raids every hour.
Would be even worse to solve in a sit, I personally when on duty will keep a count of whos raided/ mugged at what time to ensure they abide the the one hour time or 35 min mug time, but allowing for more would be hell to keep track of, plus when does the timer start and finish?

I see no issue with the current rule, plan your raids and mugs so they don't fail, RP doesn't have to consist of 90% raiding or mugging.

It makes sense to only allow one raid per hour, limits the amount of potential for the same player to be raided more then once by different groups and forces those raiders to do something else with their time such as passive RP.

I think you're looking at this from a selfish perspective, allowing such thing would mean that it wouldn't only be you doing more muggings or raids, but everyone else too, would be absolute chaos on the server.

Scotty

Banned
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
That's the point

PMX

Community Manager
Community Manager
MRP Server Director
Forum Moderator
Report Management
MRP Recruitment Team
Dec 3, 2016
This really is just a thing I saw on a different server and it flows very well because there's less reports causing a lot of log checks breaking timer.
That is not correct, that problem will not go away. In fact there will be more reports, either for RDM, false raid and breaking the raid timer.

Allowing more crime to happen in a certain amount of time just contributes to FragRP. Every organization would be constantly raiding non-stop, this is a roleplay server and not just CrimeRP. I, myself, don't even like basing if I even do roleplay, because I get raided within 30 minutes every time.
Precisely, by allowing you to perform more raids and muggings every hour, it means that everyone would be able to do it aswell. As stated above, this would turn the server into chaos, which is one of the things we do not want.

The current rule is fine, as it allows you to raid properties, while still forcing you to do other things you like, such as producing drugs, weapons, etc, as this is not a TDM gamemode but rather a roleplay one.

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.