Status
Not open for further replies.

Communist Elephant

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

I hear alot of people saying "that's not realistic" getting all upset and instead of them "roleplaying" it out there first instinct is to !report. Now, I could understand if you were just rdmed and your first instinct is to !report but, I see more and more people using staff to excuse themselfs from a roleplay situation weather than trying to get out of the situation realistically.
Now that I've explained that somewhat well I thing we as a community should learn to fix this or try to figure something out that would fix this because I dont find it enjoyable as lets say FiveM where people roleplay and really dont care about virtual items their there to roleplay. I'm going to suggest a whitelisted server where you have to sign up to play it worked well for Santos I saw pretty much everyone on santos making an effort to roleplay compared to monolith where you do 1 fucking thing its "see ya in the sit".

Hopefully the staff/dev team actually takes something from this and dont do what they normally do which is act all hard headed and do what they wanna do versus what the players are asking for(they think there always right).
I wanna see some of your suggestions for a fix to this shit.

GreenJoe

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I hear alot of people saying "that's not realistic" getting all upset and instead of them "roleplaying" it out there first instinct is to !report. Now, I could understand if you were just rdmed and your first instinct is to !report but, I see more and more people using staff to excuse themselfs from a roleplay situation weather than trying to get out of the situation realistically.
Now that I've explained that somewhat well I thing we as a community should learn to fix this or try to figure something out that would fix this because I dont find it enjoyable as lets say FiveM where people roleplay and really dont care about virtual items their there to roleplay. I'm going to suggest a whitelisted server where you have to sign up to play it worked well for Santos I saw pretty much everyone on santos making an effort to roleplay compared to monolith where you do 1 fucking thing its "see ya in the sit".

Hopefully the staff/dev team actually takes something from this and dont do what they normally do which is act all hard headed and do what they wanna do versus what the players are asking for(they think there always right).

I due agree with you but thing is on mono the amount of GRINDING is just overwhelming and yes we all do care about our ingame items as we worked hard ! to get them and spent a tone of time trying to master something. As for Santos and especially FiveM there is grinding but not like monolith i remember myself playing on FiveM and becoming a cop as easy as just 10 minutes and spawning in a car thats very sporty compared to other civilian cars what my point is on Mono you need atleast 1-2 weeks to become a LT in PD and spawning in a car that is considerably BETTERISH than other players cars all that time spent just to become a LT unlike 5M and Santos
People use a @ alot and yes some do take advantage and try to escape certain problems but know that there are 60+ people with 60+ personalities and histories its not like they can BAN calling staff for help and we cant help changing certain people that take advantage , sure we could warn them but i dont find it helpful and certainly thing that they will be effected by that.

I DO AGREE WITH YOU ON @/!REPORT ABUSE BUT HEAVILY DISAGREE ON HOW PEOPLE SHOULD BEHAVE WITH THEIR ITEMS AND GRINDING MATERIALS.

Thy

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

We had a similar suggestion just a couple of days ago.
This is the main reason as to why we currently do not have a whitelisted server, and probably won’t make one.

It's not going to happen because it's not feasible for a number of reasons. Some applicable for communities in general, some applicable for the specific context that our community is in. Successful servers stay successful because players can conveniently access them directly through the server list. A whitelisted server can only be sustained through "hype" from YouTube videos and streams, and every community eventually loses that hype, at least for extended periods. Then they die. E.g. SantosRP, MazeRP.. Even something as likely as periods of server crashes (CrashRP) will totally kill off any hype which in turn will then kill off your whitelisted server.

Creating a second whitelisted server would split our playerbase up and undermine the success of both servers. Success is, as I hope all of you understand, critical for a community since it's what keeps the community alive over the long run, sustains extensive development and gives communities the benefit of focusing on future objectives instead of just worrying about getting enough players to survive.

With that said I'm locking this thread. I don't mind the discussion, but this is a topic we've considered carefully ever since we launched Monolith, and the final result is that it's been completely ruled out. Since it's not going to change, this discussion is not going to be constructive or of any value for anyone. If you really feel the need to play on a whitelisted server, I have all respect for that you may search for such a server somewhere else, but I highly doubt that it will thrive or even stay alive for an extended period of time. And upon that server's end, all players will be disappointed and let down - ultimately because their leadership gave in on a rather reckless, poorly considered and naive concept. There are many benefits of a whitelisted server that are tempting to consider alone, without the repercussions of a whitelisted server, but we can't fool ourselves just because we desire the benefits to a great extent. The repercussions are still there and would be devastating in the long run.

Here is the entire thread if you want to see some of the other arguments both for and against.

I don’t really know why you are being so hostile. The changes we implement always have reasoning behind them, to move the game mode in a certain direction and to improve the player experience.
We don’t just do things because we feel like it.
Now I do agree with you that it is incredibly annoying and ruins the flow of the game, when people instantly make reports for every little thing when they don’t get their way.
I can tell you without a doubt, no one finds it more annoying than the staff members who have to deal with those reports instead of actually playing the game.

This is an issue with the playerbase and their mentality.
I unfortunately don’t have any kind of magic fix for this, seeing as it is near impossible to change how people act without severely limiting player freedom.
If anyone, yourself included have suggestions on how to improve the situation, I’m always happy to listen.

Lola Meid

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

I liked the beginning of your paragraph, but then you ended like a sour person which ruined your criticism imo.

Whitelists have been suggested before, not everyone agrees despite you thinking we "are hard headed and that everyone wants this". I think whitelists will only act in the disadvantage and I think the community needs to learn how to play properly (my opinion).

You're not the first one, will definitively not be the last one and will also not be the solution to the problem. Think outside the box (= whitelist), perhaps we can find a solution.

Kevin Hansen

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

So you want people to try to rp out situations more? Become staff and try to make a difference. Or talk to people and try to change their mentality. I also is get tired at times where im playing as a cop and every arrest i make end up in a 10min admin sit making my job just boring being in sits but i cant really change their mind...

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

You will definitely not get your point accross with that kind of attitude.
As Thy said, everything we add to the gamemode has a reason behind it. We do not simply do it because we want to. In fact, we have added things suggested by the players before. I'm sure you understand, however, we cannot accept every single suggestion we receive, as some of the suggestions cannot be implemented for some reason, or go against our own vision for Monolith.

Communist Elephant

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

That criticism was meant as constructive criticism mainly because of the amount of people asking for either a server whitelist or a police whitelist in which I've seen devs "loose their temper" and just start muting people or even kicking them which to me shows that they dont give a fuck about what players have to say, they wanna do what they want.

Now, I could understand if you guys have tried a whitelist out and it didnt work in the past but, there's never been a server or police whitelist even tho staff will tell you "it didnt work in the past" which is just bullshit to shut us up about it.

I've thought of another way to stop getting people using !report every time they get into a rp situation and that's making rules against it. I've witnessed this one myself MonoStaff bans people more than 2 days at a time so if someone says "i'm making a report" when they get arrested or something ban them it's already against the rules to break character. Ban people who obviously miss use the system to get out of situations.

I've been banned twice
1st 5days
2nd 3 days
warning points 0 (I think)

Communist Elephant

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

So you want people to try to rp out situations more? Become staff and try to make a difference. Or talk to people and try to change their mentality. I also is get tired at times where im playing as a cop and every arrest i make end up in a 10min admin sit making my job just boring being in sits but i cant really change their mind...
Staff is the last thing I want on monolith in it's current state. It honestly must be fucking cancer I'm surprised there's only been 2 rogue staff
R.I.P
Alex Ardiem
Bryson <- forgot his name but the one who hacked and posted a screenshot of it back in the day.

Not sure about it but I think MonoStaff is unorganized saying ban lengths depend on the staff member arma 3 servers have google docs with ban times and everything

naniel

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Not sure about it but I think MonoStaff is unorganized saying ban lengths depend on the staff member arma 3 servers have google docs with ban times and everything
I believe that they also take in the players record of punishments/warning points as well. The player always has the freedom to make an appeal. Also depends on how the player acts accordingly to the situation that's happening.

EDIT: Been here for 2 years and I have yet to see an unfair ban length lol.

DevulTj

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

I'm always right, apparently - so let's break it down for y'all.

Some way through our Rockford era - players were complaining about the weapon economy, and that the game was too easy, everyone could get anything. We wanted to resolve this - and we have. The factory system for weapons is a good way and a balanced method of weapon manufacturing. It allows groups to band together to be an effective work-force for weapon production. It disallows one John Doe to pick up his money and start making every weapon by himself. It's simply not effective, so this system is good - and it's also good for organizations.

We're not doing a police whitelist due to the amount of bureaucracy tied to it. It doesn't work for servers as they simply die out over time, no one is paid to be attentive to such a whitelist, and it would be silly to think otherwise about it because it really doesn't add a huge amount to the roleplay effort when the players themselves are not behind a whitelist.

In FiveM, or any other roleplay situation that is more serious - people are said to say that roleplay doesn't really revolve around their items or personal possessions. Wrong. It's extremely clear that personal possessions are something that humans don't want to give up. They'll be sour, they'll be salty about it - that's just how we are.

Where'd that come from? No one said anything negative to you - and you don't even know a quarter of the development process that we have here. It's something that people take for granted and compared to other communities, you should be very thankful that we even have a fraction of the developmental power that goes into Monolith. Go to another server & see if the developers are as involved as they are are, please.

Quite frankly, this thread is just another in the line of people who are angry about their own losses in-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.