Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Anderson

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

A description of your technical issue: Whenever I'm on any GMod server I get major ping spikes every ~20 seconds
Has it happened before?: No it started last night, around 8 I think (EST)
Extraneous details/description: My Character will rubber band to a spot I was about 5-10 seconds ago but my stamina will sometimes still be depleted, or my character will keep moving in the direction I was going (even if I was in a car) and usually once ping drops I'm either stuck or my car is crashed into something taking 5-10% off of it
Have you checked “solved” for your issue?: Yes

I have tried the cl_cmdrate +33 command someone told me to do in game, didn't really help much.

It would seem to be a combination between ping and FPS issues, as the in game FPS counter drops to 0 for a moment whenever this happens.

Last edited:

Maj.

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Do you only have this problem on this server or on others as well? Maybe even in SP? How was the gaming experience before last night?

Also, what are your specs and is it a laptop or a PC you are playing on?
Could you do an internet speed test and send the results afterwards?

Alex Anderson

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

My specs are as follows:

i7-7700(Running stock cooler)
GTX 1060(3gb)
16gb of 2466 ram
Gmod running on a WD Caviar Blue 1tb(7200rpm)

It's a desktop PC
thats the internet speed test

Maj.

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Do you encounter these issues just on this server? And have you changed anything lately?

If it works fine on other servers, it is probably a content issue where you are missing some textures/content. My advice is, try to uninstall all the addons you don't need, or just all of them, afterwards re-sub to ONLY the Monolith content pack. Make sure your server downloads are set to download everything. Source does weird stuff when you have issues with resources.

Hope I could help.

Alex Anderson

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

It also occurs on Icefuse, singleplayer servers are fine, just a bit ago I unsubbed from all addons, deleted them from the addons folder, reinstalled just the monolith ones and validated game files, none of which helped

Maj.

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

If you should use multicore rendering then try to turn it off. Also, turn anti-aliasing down.
Set your garrysmod directx level to 8 with the launch parameter "-dxlevel 80".
Model detail and Texture quality to medium.

Make sure you aren't subscribed to any other addons then the ones the server uses, some of them may conflict with models.

Jace

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

it wouldn’t occour on single player since you’d have 0 ping coz it’s hosted by you, re-install gmod?

Alex Anderson

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

If you should use multicore rendering then try to turn it off. Also, turn anti-aliasing down.
Set your garrysmod directx level to 8 with the launch parameter "-dxlevel 80".
Model detail and Texture quality to medium.

Make sure you aren't subscribed to any other addons then the ones the server uses, some of them may conflict with models.
thanks for the help but none of these fixed the issue and it made a lot of the props invisible and bugged out textures

Maj.

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Set the compatibility mode for gmod to Windows 7/8. (hl2.exe) +make sure to always have fullscreen optimization disabled.

My last suggestion would be to try one of the Betas for Gmod, in steam. (x86-64, fixed the fps issues from a friend)

nick.

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

@Alex Anderson has this been solved yet?
try and set your GMod to the newest 64x update. (9628dac1996044ffa4a7c6a00d922561.png)

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

A whole two months without a response.
Locked and moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.