Not open for further replies.

Bob Santoro

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: QUISPPP
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:130130546
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Bob Santoro

Admin being reported( Tag by writing @ before their forum name) @Recommendations

Reason for Report: Almost everything that can be done wrong was done: Incompetence, Bias/Out of Sit Discussion, Taking Advantage of Forum Suspension, Favoritism/Admin Nepotism, Inability to Control a Sit/ Silencing One Party but not the Other

Time of Occurrence: Last Night at around 11

Evidence to support your claim: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t6ASKGXNhyMjZ44qQ2tB5akzkVTONLwR/view?usp=sharing

****Disclaimer we only discord called once we were brought to the sit****

The whole situation started as follows: Rob and I were in L2 bank and the 786 people, which included Mazen, Ethan, Shabzino, and some other people. It was very crowded and it was getting pretty heated, as Rob, Jacqueline, and I were trash-talking the members of 786. Everyone knew that violence would result but when it would happen and who would start it remained a question. Mazen began- he pulled out an m249 and pointed it in my direction and said "put your hands up". I then did so and put my hands up, and then he said afterward, "cop put your hands up", who was standing in the crowd directly behind me. Rob pulled out a machete and killed Mazen as he thought Mazen was threatening my life, and then all hell broke loose. Shabzino pulled out a gun and shot and killed Rob and later me when I tried to kill him. We were dead but we are pretty sure the cops killed Shabzino. We saw that Recommendations teleported and brought to his location Mazen and Shabzino. This was odd in the fact that we knew we had done nothing wrong, but it was also very concerning in the fact that Recommendations is friends with Mazen and Shabzino and that is quite obvious if you have played or just look at forum posts such as this: https://monolithservers.com/forums/threads/ashleys-gun-store.30480/. Here Mazen and Shabzino clearly show that they are friends with Recommendations. We were later brought to a sit and this is where everything bad begins- the video is in Rob's perspective, as he was the one recording.

Some of the most egregious errors are in these timestamps
Time Stamps: 0:40-0:50- Mazen calls Recommendations by his IRL name (his in-game name is Ashley Wolfingston) and tells him to join a discord call), 0-2:00- not only does it show that they claim that we countered a bank raid(which you will see why this is contradictory later when Rob is weapons blacklisted for RDM- not counter bank raid)- also you can see how they thought we were not recording so they begin lying, 3:07- shows that they knew Rob was forum suspended which goes in hand with them thinking we were not recording and thus we couldn't do anything, 3:35-5:40- you can clearly see that Shabzino and co keep trash talking and Recommendations tells me and Rob to be quiet-Shabzino and his friends keep trash talking and are not gagged like Recommendations threatened us with- only later when Rob and I ask for the video used against us are we gagged. 6:20-10:30- absolute quite- it was so obvious that they went into discord in the middle of our sit which just breaks all staff rules there are. For the entire sit- there was a rumored video that showed that we were in the wrong- we asked to see the video but were denied- the video could quite possibly not exist for all we know. The rest of the sit is them refusing to show us the video and Rob getting weapons blacklisted for RDM(I thought it was for countering a bank raid hmmm??). Overall I feel like the sit was not just or fair considering that not only were we not given a chance to defend ourselves (we didn't even get to see the video), but furthermore that even in the case that Mazen was referring to only the cop to put his hands up, a punishment for Rob is complete abuse and unwarranted.

Like I said previously, the first thing that came out of Mazen's mouth was the sentence "put your hands up" and he was pointing the gun in my direction. Combined with all the trash talk that had been occurring for the last hour, it is very reasonable for me to think he was referring to me. Rob's reaction was just, and @Recommendations incompetence is amplified when he says in the sit "if someone threatens to kill you violence is not your first response", which shows his lack of understanding. Combined with us not being given access to the video AND punishment as opposed to voiding due to a misunderstanding, I feel like Recommendations has overstepped his boundaries as a staff.

. We would love for the other party to provide their video- which will show that Recommendations lied in support of them. At this point, I am not sure if this alleged video even exists, as they could've easily shared it with us, but if it does, please attach it below so we can see what happened.

Additional members involved/witnessing: @Damp Eggplant
Read, understood and followed staff report rules?: yes

D

Deleted member 11418

Hello, I'm a bit confused on why you believe the situation was incorrectly handled to begin with or as if I was being biased to a certain person/group in the first place. First off, both sides had a fair say of what happened in the situation and it was a he said she said situation. Also, in the SIT you both were going back at it, yelling words and disrespecting each other after I had given both sides a chance to cut it out. Afterwards you were split up and gagged, at this point I had already requested for a video of what had occurred at the Bank. I was shown a video and didn't have to provide you it as you already know what happened as you were there. Next, I asked for a second opinion on the situation, and all current staff in game were currently busy with taking other reports, after I couldn't get a second opinion, I then contacted my higher ups in discord and asked for a second opinion on a situation. Shortly afterwards we came to a conclusion it was RDM on Damps behalf, and this wasn't the first time he had killed someone without a valid roleplay reason.

Also, you claim that I purposely asked someone who dislikes you as a player as a second opinion. ( @HockeyExpert30 )

Your life wasn't in danger in the situation as you weren't told to put up your hands, and your friend forced himself upon it to walk in front of the officer in the video. Also, the situation could be considered as FTVL on Damps behalf as he pulled out a weapon when others were around shortly before the Bank Raid would've started.

Last but not least, killing someone for talking shit shouldn't be your first priority or choice and you were told this in a previous sit and you acknowledged that, I decided to give you a 1day weapons blacklist instead of warning points as giving you a warning point or more won't make you learn, and sometimes you need to learn the hard way. Also note that you could've been given a much harsher punishment but I decided that a 1day weapons blacklist was enough.

Last, but not least, I'll provide the video as Management finds it nessicary and look forward to your video evidence of Damps RDM on your behalf.

Bob Santoro

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Hello Mr. Recommendations, here is my response to your criticisms of this appeal
First off, both sides had a fair say of what happened in the situation and it was a he said she said situation. Also, in the SIT you both were going back at it, yelling words and disrespecting each other after I had given both sides a chance to cut it out. Afterwards you were split up and gagged, at this point I had already requested for a video of what had occurred at the Bank.
So, to begin, it is very clear by the video I provided of the SIT that only a few words were exchanged on Rob and I's behalf; the majority of the trash-talk was from Shabizno, Mazen, and Ethan. Our criticism of your choice here was you stated you would gag the next person to continue trash-talking, but Shabizno was pardoned from this ruling of yours multiple times in the video. Only upon Damp's request to see the video provided which proves our innocence did you gag everyone, despite the fact that we did no such trash talking at that moment. Reminiscent of censorship.

Next, I asked for a second opinion on the situation, and all current staff in game were currently busy with taking other reports, after I couldn't get a second opinion, I then contacted my higher ups in discord and asked for a second opinion on a situation. Shortly afterwards we came to a conclusion it was RDM on Damps behalf, and this wasn't the first time he had killed someone without a valid roleplay reason.

You consulting a higher-up is not the issue I have with the SIT. I agree that doing so is a smart choice, and I appreciate your doing so, but the way you framed it to Hockey is what resulted in your conclusion that Damp committed RDM. At 11:05 in the video I provided, you describe your view on what happened (the same thing you told Hockey), in that they were pointing a gun at the cop and telling exclusively him to put his hands up, at which point Damp killed Mazen. This is simply false, and not representative of the situation that occurred. As I said previously, due to rising tensions between Mazen & Shabizno and Rob and I, IN ADDITION TO the fact that Mazen's first words we "put your hands up" (the word cop explicitly not included) that Damp thought Mazen was targeting me. He then acted accordingly.

Your life wasn't in danger in the situation as you weren't told to put up your hands, and your friend forced himself upon it to walk in front of the officer in the video. Also, the situation could be considered as FTVL on Damps behalf as he pulled out a weapon when others were around shortly before the Bank Raid would've started.
Now we have an admittance that I was in front of the cop and that Mazen did in fact point the gun at me in the video. This was something that was clearly lied about from both Recommendations in the SIT and by Mazen / Shabizno. Not to mention, Damp's actions do not constitute FTVL, as he thought that my life was in danger, and we are RP related (same last name and organization). He was within every right to kill the person that threatened me.

Last but not least, killing someone for talking shit shouldn't be your first priority or choice and you were told this in a previous sit and you acknowledged that, I decided to give you a 1day weapons blacklist instead of warning points as giving you a warning point or more won't make you learn, and sometimes you need to learn the hard way. Also note that you could've been given a much harsher punishment but I decided that a 1day weapons blacklist was enough.
Again another blatant part where Recommendations is bending the obvious truth. We did not kill Shabizno and Co. for "talking shit". It is very evident in the video that it is after Mazen pulls out an M249, directed in my direction, that Damp kills him. This further shows your lack of understanding of the situation that occurred, and your unjust punishment of Damp Eggplant.

Last, but not least, I'll provide the video as Management finds it nessicary and look forward to your video evidence of Damps RDM on your behalf.
I am glad to see this video is surfacing. Any staff that see this video, please look for the supposed movement I made to position myself in front of the cop and in front of Mazen's gun, as this is something that did not happen, and please take into consideration the context that I provided in my first writing.

I'd like to end quickly bringing attention to how @Recommendations has failed to address the fact that he and Mazen / Shabizno went into a discord call to discuss during the SIT while Rob and I were gagged; this is clearly against the rules and he has omitted this damning rule break from his response. Thank you for considering my report.

D

Deleted member 11418

I'd like to end quickly bringing attention to how @Recommendations has failed to address the fact that he and Mazen / Shabizno went into a discord call to discuss during the SIT while Rob and I were gagged; this is clearly against the rules and he has omitted this damning rule break from his response. Thank you for considering my report.
I don't know what much more to tell you, but this definitely didn't happen. I'm still kinda confused on where the evidence you have to provide isn't here which is weird. I literally have a video of me taking the sit, and of me in the call reviewing the evidence with another staff member. I have no reason to continue to argue with you over a staff situation that you feel was handled poorly and look forward to Management reviewing this. I also never took advantage of anyone that was forums banned so they couldn't make a staff report and I told you to go for it. I feel like you're really trying to grind my gears and see me respond unprofessionally just so you can get what you want.

I'll wait for Management. Also, provide the evidence of the SIT.

HockeyExpert30

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Also, you claim that I purposely asked someone who dislikes you as a player as a second opinion. ( @HockeyExpert30 )
I just want to say i was not told who was being reported i was just asked to look at a video and give my opinion

Mazen

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

he pulled out an m249 and pointed it in my direction and said "put your hands up". I then did so and put my hands up, and then he said afterward, "cop put your hands up", who was standing in the crowd directly behind me.
Like I said previously, the first thing that came out of Mazen's mouth was the sentence "put your hands up" and he was pointing the gun in my direction.
this is a lie. I pointed the gun at the cop, when i initially pulled it out you backed out the way and walked out the bank doors. i did not track you in any way shape or form, then you decided to come back into the bank for some reason?

his was odd in the fact that we knew we had done nothing wrong, but it was also very concerning in the fact that Recommendations is friends with Mazen and Shabzino and that is quite obvious if you have played or just look at forum posts such as this:
this is just stupid lol. just because I ordered guns from him doesn't mean I get special treatment? I've spent thousands on plenty of other staff-owned shops and still received punishments from said staff. you're just down bad for this one tbh.

Mazen calls Recommendations by his IRL name
Tony was his previous in-game name? I do not even know whether that's his real name or not but once again you're providing false assumptions and grasping at straws.
0-2:00- not only does it show that they claim that we countered a bank raid(which you will see why this is contradictory later when Rob is weapons blacklisted for RDM- not counter bank raid)
Just because shab mentioned you were countering a bank raid does not mean that is what staff must deem as the rule broken? what rob did was RDM, plain and simple.

also you can see how they thought we were not recording so they begin lying, 3:07- shows that they knew Rob was forum suspended which goes in hand with them thinking we were not recording and thus we couldn't do anything, 3:35-5:40- you can clearly see that Shabzino and co keep trash talking and Recommendations tells me and Rob to be quiet-Shabzino and his friends keep trash talking and are not gagged like Recommendations threatened us with- only later when Rob and I ask for the video used against us are we gagged. 6:20-10:30- absolute quite
no one gave a shit about whether you were recording or not but go off. As for the trash-talking, I myself did not hear over 50% of the trash-talking as @Recommendations and I were in a discord call for about 1-2 minutes tabbed out resulting in both of us being unable to hear gmod audio. Furthermore, tony did not only threaten you with being gagged, he told us we'd all be gagged. "only later when Rob and I ask for the video used against us are we gagged" complete bullshit once again but ok. We were all gagged at the same time for back and forth shit talking.

Rob's reaction was just, and @Recommendations incompetence is amplified when he says in the sit "if someone threatens to kill you violence is not your first response", which shows his lack of understanding
if your initial response was not killing, you would have understood I had no malicious intent towards you or rob. so it seems as if you're the one lacking understanding and being incompetent.
(the word cop explicitly not included) that Damp thought Mazen was targeting me. He then acted accordingly.
The word cop was included 3 different times all whilst damp was in his inventory and had yet to even pull out the machete meaning he just chose to ignore it

anyways that's what I have to say. Enjoy the rest of your day :).

Bob Santoro

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I myself did not hear over 50% of the trash-talking as @Recommendations and I were in a discord call for about 1-2 minutes tabbed out resulting in both of us being unable to hear gmod audio.
Ah yes, very convient considering @Recommendations said himself
I don't know what much more to tell you, but this definitely didn't happen. I'm still kinda confused on where the evidence you have to provide isn't here which is weird.
Welp, if this doesn't prove anything then IDK what to tell you. Management, you saw it here first.

Mazen

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

Ah yes, very convient considering @Recommendations said himself

Welp, if this doesn't prove anything then IDK what to tell you. Management, you saw it here first.
you're genuinely brain dead. What he is referring to is the fact that shabzino him and I went into a discord call to discuss the sit. That did not happen. What happened is that Recommendations and I went into a discord call once just us two so i could show him the video and the second time with hockeyexpert for recommendations to get his opinion on the situation.
. I literally have a video of me taking the sit, and of me in the call reviewing the evidence with another staff member
he said it himself right here unless youre incapable of reading which i doubt since you clearly have the knowledge and time to write useless essays and waste everyones time. There is nothing wrong with staff members going into discord and reviewing evidence?

Bob Santoro

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

What he is referring to is the fact that shabzino him and I went into a discord call to discuss the sit. That did not happen. What happened is that Recommendations and I went into a discord call once just us two so i could show him the video and the second time with hockeyexpert for recommendations to get his opinion on the situation.
You act like even in this scenario this is acceptable. How is it fair that you are allowed to have a 1 on 1 with staff in the middle of an SIT, without us being able to hear what either of you are saying. SIT's are all about transparency and this reflects the opposite. Not to mention everyone was gagged, and this just directly bypasses that function in general. Don't worry, though, what your telling the community is that in order to get anywhere, you can't be direct with them, you have to go behind people's backs and talk in secret to get results. Pathetic.

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Locked for review.

Thanewolfe

Monolith Specialist

Years of Mono

LV

@Bob Santoro,

Thank you for your report and I do apologize for the wait, in reports such as these we must carefully review the facts of the case and have discussions with the staff member in question to gather the FULL story before making an official judgment.

After extensive review of all the evidence that was provided, I am making an official determination that Recommendations did not abuse or misuse administrative power in any way shape or form. As for conduct, which apparently appeared to be in question, was well within guidelines and in no way can be construed as favoritism. We often times have to go into a discord call to discuss details of the report as well as view screen shared footage of the report in question. This helps us gather ALL of the information of the situation, before making an official determination of punishment. This saves us time and effort especially when you consider uploading footage takes quite a bit of time. As for those two calling him “Tony”, that was a previous roleplay name, it was not his real name. Also, the only thing this serves to prove is that they were previously acquainted in RP, after speaking with Recommendations he stated that they based with each other in the past along with trading of arms, nothing more. Furthermore, Recommendations specifically sought out a second opinion from @HockeyExpert30 for this situation, to which I commend him. (I am also providing a picture of his name logged below.)
logtony.png

From the video I can tell that Recommendations made an effort to warn both parties to stop the insults and disrespectful behavior, however, I have spoken with Recommendations and advised that he must be quicker in stopping this behavior from both sides. Moreover, I will be posting the video that was used to determine the appropriate punishment for the RP actions of both parties. From said video, I was able to determine that the appropriate punishment was issued, seeing as he points the weapon at the Deputy, and further clarifies the intent of his actions by stating "cop, hands up" a few times, only to be stabbed by Rob. You state that the sole reason Rob decided to attack was because the first words were "put your hands up", which is simply not true. Mazen states in the video "yo, hands up" followed by "cop, hands up" less than a second later. You reacted by putting your hands up AFTER Mazen clarified "cop, hands up", not once, but twice and even put your hands back down when you realized. Which further solidifies the point being made, you were not in any imminent danger.

https://medal.tv/clips/42735948/d1337DMXpL4u - Video used for punishment.

This staff report is denied.

Regards,
Thanewolfe

Status
Not open for further replies.