Wilzon DeCarlo

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

What software do you guys use and what are the pros/cons to it?

Orang3 Man

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I use the Xbox Game Bar, its easy to use in my opinion, you can press WIN+G to record the last seconds or when you start the session just record the whole game instead and it's the only one that doesn't lag my PC, I've tried OBS and Medal.TV and they both lag my game

The pros for me are that its simple to use and it doesn't lag my PC
Cons: Don't really have any

Slick ♔

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I use OBS you can use it to record any window you have. You can have also add pictures, text, etc to your obs so that it appears in the recording. You can also use it to stream any game you want on twitch, youtube, etc. You can setup hotkeys for to start recording / streaming and to stop it. It hardly takes up any space and doesn't lag your pc.

Wilzon DeCarlo

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I use OBS you can use it to record any window you have. You can have also add pictures, text, etc to your obs so that it appears in the recording. You can also use it to stream any game you want on twitch, youtube, etc. You can setup hotkeys for to start recording / streaming and to stop it. It hardly takes up any space and doesn't lag your pc.
OBS is a lot for me I dont even know where to start when it opens up one mess up and its using the wrong resolution and looks like shit lol

gm1003

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

GeForce experience and OBS are pretty good

Al límite

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Aight Xbox game bar is not bad It record till you either tab out of the game or till you stop it , Pros Has a mute microphone button Just in case you dont have one on your mic. Graphics are not absolute dog. And It is just sent straight to files ready to upload to youtube and stuff. Cons Videos Can be really long and Depending on you internet speed / pc /laptop Uploading may take a while there for making a report in game would be rare as you would probably just make a forums report.

I also tend to use https://medal.tv/ Not bad What it is is a software that record up to the last 2 minutes and uploads quite fast takes me about 1 minute to upload it. Cons 2 minutes is not a lot so really all I use it for is balent rdms such as someone just blasting you away or random rules like prop push Or False Code Red Or Anything in that area

Foxtrot0295

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

i use the windows record last function basically i press windows+alt+g and it will automatically save the last 30 minutes of my gameplay.

Joey.

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

OBS really is the best in my opinion. And while it may look overwhelming at first, the only real things you need to do to start recording are pretty simple. If you’d like I could make a little tutorial type thing showing all that’s needed.

Alpha

Banned
Banned
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

I use GeForce experience but I know I shouldn’t because the clip sizes are huge

Sokolov

Awards

Years of Mono

LV

OBS all the way, set it up once and you shouldnt have to change anything, literally as someone else suggested just look up a tutorial. Bonus if your running a potato with no storage you could just change setting to record in damn 144p if you really needed too.

Joey.

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Here's a little something I just put together, hopefully, this could help you out a bit if you are still interested in using OBS:
(I'm not sure why your clips would be bad resolution, you might just wanna fiddle with the settings or even reset your settings to default)

Hector

Banned
Banned
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

If you have a Nvidia graphics card, shadowplay is the way to go, otherwise OBS. Look up" OBS tutorial" on youtube and watch that, pretty simple to figure out after that.