Joey.

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Recording with OBS

This guide is basically a step-by-step on how to begin recording on Monolith or any other games you may enjoy with OBS. This could be used for anything from just getting clips of you and your friends to getting evidence for any sort of situation you may encounter. Hopefully, this helps in the long run!

Step 1: On your preferred browser, search "OBS" and click on the link shown below. After doing so, make sure to start the download for OBS on your specific platform. When this is done, click the download to move onto step 2.

Step 2: So after clicking the download, it should automatically launch the OBS setup. From here, just click through and make sure all of the information is filled in correctly to suit your needs. When you complete the setup, just launch OBS and proceed onto the next step.

Step 3: After launching the program, you will see a lot of different things that can be done with OBS. While there are lots of possibilities with it, there are only a few things actually needed to be done to use it. You want to start by finding your "Sources" and then clicking on the little plus (+) sign at the bottom left of the "Sources" box. Then select game capture and name it what you would like (the name is not very important). Finally, press ok and you're ready for step 4.

Step 4: After naming your source, you must select a "Mode." In the clip shown below, I select "Capture Specific Window." This will cause the other option, window, to pop up. From here, you can select the different windows to record with on this source. You will want to select the window "[gmod.exe]: Garry's Mod (x64)," and then your source will be ready.

*IMPORTANT*
-You must have Garry's Mod open in the background to have that as a "Windows" option.
-The options chosen for this step is just simply what I use, myself. You can do as you would like, but for the purpose of this guide, I will only be showing the said method.
-If it doesn't say (x64) on the window selection that is OK. This is because of the beta I have set up on steam. Just make sure you are selecting the one labeled Garry's Mod in any way.

You know have OBS ready to record. From here on all you have to do is press "Start Recording" to start filming. After doing so, you will be given the option to "Stop Recording" which will, of course, end your recording. You can also easily access your recordings by clicking "File" and then "Show Recording" as seen in the video below. Doing so will open the folder with all of your recordings.

Hopefully this helps some of you to start recording on Monolith for whatever reason need be.

Sorry about the quality of the clips, they're a bit blurry and have the Gyazo logo at the bottom but hopefully, you will still manage to figure it out.

Last edited: