Matt

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

I recently re-joined the server after like 2 years, and saw that their was a new police system. It looked very appealing and is one of the reasons I came back to the server. However if it weren't for the fact I have played on serious rp servers in the past and know how enjoyable it is when you are higher up in the PD, I wouldn't bother with the grind of being a jail guard. I find it rather boring and far too time-consuming.

My suggestion based on previous servers i've played would be remove the Jail Guard, and replace it with something like "Patrol Officer"

Being patrol officer would be quite different to prison guard. As a patrol officer you should NOT be allowed to purchase a gun. But should only be given a baton, tazer, handcuffs and have the ability to ticket people. Patrol officers would simply patrol on foot, and mainly focus on giving tickets out, but also take down smaller criminals. However as this would be without a weapon a rule should also be added that explains that Patrol Officers should not risk their life by attempting to take down obviously armed criminals.

I am aware this would take away the current system of the NPC criminals you shoot, but if giving tickets and arresting gives you XP you would still level up.

It should also be noted that these types of officers should NOT patrol with others, unless another patrol officer.

Just a thought though, might make police roleplay more interesting.

Alex Anderson

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

I recently re-joined the server after like 2 years, and saw that their was a new police system. It looked very appealing and is one of the reasons I came back to the server. However if it weren't for the fact I have played on serious rp servers in the past and know how enjoyable it is when you are higher up in the PD, I wouldn't bother with the grind of being a jail guard. I find it rather boring and far too time-consuming.

My suggestion based on previous servers i've played would be remove the Jail Guard, and replace it with something like "Patrol Officer"

Being patrol officer would be quite different to prison guard. As a patrol officer you should NOT be allowed to purchase a gun. But should only be given a baton, tazer, handcuffs and have the ability to ticket people. Patrol officers would simply patrol on foot, and mainly focus on giving tickets out, but also take down smaller criminals. However as this would be without a weapon a rule should also be added that explains that Patrol Officers should not risk their life by attempting to take down obviously armed criminals.

I am aware this would take away the current system of the NPC criminals you shoot, but if giving tickets and arresting gives you XP you would still level up.

It should also be noted that these types of officers should NOT patrol with others, unless another patrol officer.

Just a thought though, might make police roleplay more interesting.
After 2 years and you never realized police cadet was a thing and they decided to remove it, I agree it's boring as Prison guard but I see why they removed it, it was mingy

Kevin Hansen

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

They used to have a cadet rank instead of this garbage, now the prison guards job. People abuse their police power by shooting, tazing, releasing people without permission and being corrupt. I hope to god the cadet rank comes back, cuz if we see corruption out in the streets we can handle it much better then babysitting these prison guards inside the jail. Now you should probably make this a suggestion but im sure it has been denied already. The prisoner can also lockpick their way out since prison guards usually also like to leave the jail to go to missions alone or fuck around, so this system is clearly not working to my experience.

Kevin Hansen

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

After 2 years and you never realized police cadet was a thing and they decided to remove it, I agree it's boring as Prison guard but I see why they removed it, it was mingy
I would say its 10x times worse now.

Matt

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

I played like a few times 2 years ago, if it takes having to be level 20 to become it surely it wouldn't be that mingey as it's not brand new players.

Dobarion

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hey @Matt ,

I think the change in Prison Guard wouldn't be ideal for Sheriff's Department, currently prisoners in the jail section of the Sheriff Department are able to find objects to break out of their cells then the Department it's self, if there were no prison guards who would prevent this as there cant be a Sheriff Deputy deployed there the whole time. Here are my comments on what you had to say:

- A patrol officer is no different to a Sheriff Deputy so it's pretty much making the same rank which would be useless in my opinion.

The "Patrol Officer" has elements from two different ranks within the Sheriff's Department already and it wouldn't benefit the Sheriff's Department in my opinion.