MRP Roleplay Points - Encourage PassiveRP

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.

Whathe12

Apr 8, 2017
Description of suggestion: (Provide a detailed description of what you are suggesting)
Roleplay Points - These are points which can be handed out by administrators to players who are performing exceptional roleplay. Ex. a swim coach showing people how to swim in the ocean, a cafe owner making and selling drinks, a singer performing on the sidewalk. The RP opportunities are endless.

How this would work: Player 1 is roleplaying an exceptional RP activity, say a lifeguard on the beach, an administrator is noclipping around doing staff things and notices player 1's RP is exceptional (You can't PM an admin and say "Hey look at my RP, my friends RP, etc"). Administrator then !rppoint player1 "Beach Lifeguard RP" and a chat box annoucement saying [ Admin gave player 1 an RP point for "Beach Lifeguard RP" ] as a public way of celebrating them. Then, in the tab scoreboard menu, next to the players name or somewhere on the scoareboard is a column that says RP Points and player 1 would have 1 RP point as a result. (So everyone sees Oh, player 1 has an RP point so he must be an exceptional roleplayer or get into some interesting RP activities). RP points can be accumulated as well going on for as many possible.

The catch - There are rewards for getting a certain amount of RP points. Ex. 1 RP Point allows you to purchase a cool cosmetic or exclusive piece of clothing. 5 RP points allows you to purchase a neat car at the dealership that only people with 5 RP points or more can buy. etc.

What would qualify for an RP Point? Activities which an administrator would deem exceptionally well done or creative. Not activities like a huge drug base, or police raid or bank raid, etc.
What is exceptional RP? That's up to the standards of the individual administrator, although I'm sure some internal and external guidelines for handing out RP points could be made.

Reason why it should be added: (Explain why your suggestion should be implemented)
I feel that Monolith has dove into Cops and Robbers RP and away from PassiveRP scenarios. I'm not a personal fan of this and I prefer the PassiveRP than to people just raiding, making drugs and guns as the majority of RP on Monolith.

RP points would encourage more player-based PassiveRP and give them something else to "grind" for in the form of endless PassiveRP opportunities, in which done well could lead to rewards from RP points.

From a staff standpoint - More PassiveRP would lead to less reports since a lot of reports come from PVP incidents, and more people doing PassiveRP activities would = less PVP incidents
Related content: (Include Steam Workshop links or other relevant content needed) - None, maybe some exclusive content for the rewards.

Reactions: gm1003

Scofield

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Marketing Team
Media Creator
Event Team
Jun 15, 2019
Massachusetts, United States of America
I like it +support

However, there is an issue of changes to the economy, by introducing a new monetary item. Therefore, I think the rewards should be non tradeable, so the economy isn't affected

Last edited:

Aleksandr

Feb 13, 2019
Germany
I like it but as Scofield changes need a few changes, Most of us know the steam awards you can collect during summersale, you can´t traid them.
It would be a nice addition. Staff can give them to players for good Roleplay, they are non tradable and maybe listed on the right side of your name in your inventory, there more you have the more happy you are

JucaMais

May 1, 2019
Brazil
www.youtube.com
+support great idea, but I disagree with the part of getting a car with to points. As Scofield said the rewards should be non tradeable items.

Shabzino

Dec 19, 2019
England
-support
If you get into interesting rP sItuAtIoNs why do you need a token to show you do? If a admin sees it then good for you theres no real reason to add it other than either for ego boost or to flex it etc. and it wouldnt make a difference until a considerable amount of people who actively play the server also switch to passiverp imo. This wouldnt really help much other than to enable teachers pets who will try their best for these tokens which could be even more annoying to admins imho.

Reactions: Brents

reqord

Jul 30, 2017
Colorado, United States of America
-support
If you get into interesting rP sItuAtIoNs why do you need a token to show you do? If a admin sees it then good for you theres no real reason to add it other than either for ego boost or to flex it etc. and it wouldnt make a difference until a considerable amount of people who actively play the server also switch to passiverp imo. This wouldnt really help much other than to enable teachers pets who will try their best for these tokens which could be even more annoying to admins imho.
The end goal is to discourage fragRP and create more interesting and serious RP. While I do agree that these could end up being biased and creating people really trying for these it would also create more interesting RP situations and encourage less breaking character and more serious RP. Overall, if implemented right they would be a good change for the health of the server as a city RP server.

Whathe12

Apr 8, 2017
That’s a good thing, you want people to TRY to get RP points as they’ll create more interesting and creative RP scenarios to do so.