Giselle

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Hey all,

64 bit has always worked much better and has been more stable for me personally. I got tired of the console spamming me with errors, so I took action. I have just figured out how to stop the console from spamming "Tried to look up command thirdperson as if it were a variable." while running 64 bit. The commands I am about to give you will also allow you to filter out any other errors you may have. I do not have any others, and would not recommend filtering others out UNLESS they are spamming your console.

So, to correctly apply these make sure to add them to your autoexec.cfg file. The autoexec.cfg file is (on Windows) located at your gmod install path. Specifically ...\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cfg

The code to add:
Code:
con_filter_enable "1"
con_filter_text_out "Tried to look up command thirdperson as if it were a variable."

After adding this, either RESTART gmod IF it is running, or run the command exec autoexec to enable it. You can also just put those commands directly into the console, but it does not automatically save them.

BEWARE: It will ONLY filter that phrase out. If you put any single word in there, it will not display any message containing that text within the console. You have been warned!

Enjoy!
Giselle <3

Apecengo

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Thank you very much for this. I had to go back to the stable branch because of the spam!

Giselle

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Thank you very much for this. I had to go back to the stable branch because of the spam!
You're welcome! Im glad i was able to help someone with this.

gm1003

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Nice, I didn't really know if there was a fix for this so I just had it spamming my console lol. Pretty handy

Gregg

Monolith Legend

Years of Mono

LV

Pinned for the time being till the issue passes, thanks for the guide :)

Giselle

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Nice, I didn't really know if there was a fix for this so I just had it spamming my console lol. Pretty handy
It is very nice to not have it spamming the console anymore ^^
Pinned for the time being till the issue passes, thanks for the guide :)
I am glad it got pinned, hope it will help people <3