Credence

Mentor
Mentor
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I feel like everyone tries avoiding the fact that shitty staff members are more then half the reason the servers currently low pop. Last week I saw around 7 people OOC blacklisted by a staff member for simply typing in OOC. After blacklisting everyone he then got off the server. Staff reports don't do anything but result in targeting or bias from the staff you report. At the end of the day staff members should be there to make sure you have a BETTER experience in the server or community as a whole. I bet 90% of the people who play on monolith can give a time where they had a staff member fuck up roleplay or their gameplay because they felt like it. On the other hand there's a few staff members who actually make the game enjoyable and they're p much the only reason I have any faith in the staff team. If you want to see the server with more then 60 members consistently then the staff team needs to be fixed so people can feel like they can enjoy the server again.
Toxic staff is one of the big reasons i dont play monolith as often as i did. im not good at handling anger and being talked down to and some staff really have a horrible attitude in sits and it boils my blood and ill end up losing my cool. people getting 3 day ooc blacklists and kicks for saying what the dog doing in ooc really shows how far the staff team has fallen.

puvz

Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Toxic staff is one of the big reasons i dont play monolith as often as i did. im not good at handling anger and being talked down to and some staff really have a horrible attitude in sits and it boils my blood and ill end up losing my cool. people getting 3 day ooc blacklists and kicks for saying what the dog doing in ooc really shows how far the staff team has fallen.
and we cant even call them out on bullshit without being punished as well. It is quite ridiculous

MrTaxi

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

I feel like everyone tries avoiding the fact that shitty staff members are more then half the reason the servers currently low pop. Last week I saw around 7 people OOC blacklisted by a staff member for simply typing in OOC. After blacklisting everyone he then got off the server. Staff reports don't do anything but result in targeting or bias from the staff you report. At the end of the day staff members should be there to make sure you have a BETTER experience in the server or community as a whole. I bet 90% of the people who play on monolith can give a time where they had a staff member fuck up roleplay or their gameplay because they felt like it. On the other hand there's a few staff members who actually make the game enjoyable and they're p much the only reason I have any faith in the staff team. If you want to see the server with more then 60 members consistently then the staff team needs to be fixed so people can feel like they can enjoy the server again.
I 100% agree. I’m not knocking on the staff as a whole, just I think a lot of them could do a lot better at improving rp instead of disrupting it. They say not to do ANYTHING that breaks character but some of them will freeze you if you pull a gun at the wrong time, or they’ll respawn themselves if someone accidentally rdm’d them. I think staff has too much power, partially because the staff reports just go completely over their heads. I think some serious action needs to be taken about who gets on the staff team, and mor importantl, who should stay.

DK.

Monolith Senior
Assistant Server Director
Senior Administrator
Event Team
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I 100% agree. I’m not knocking on the staff as a whole, just I think a lot of them could do a lot better at improving rp instead of disrupting it. They say not to do ANYTHING that breaks character but some of them will freeze you if you pull a gun at the wrong time, or they’ll respawn themselves if someone accidentally rdm’d them. I think staff has too much power, partially because the staff reports just go completely over their heads. I think some serious action needs to be taken about who gets on the staff team, and mor importantl, who should stay.
I mean, this isn't a Serious RP server nor was it intended to be. If I was a new player and about to break a rule, I would staff to intervene before I get a warning point or blacklist.
I mean breaking character isn't relevant at this point anymore, since RP has not happened on this server for quite a long time.

Arthgallo Trefynwy

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Sad to see the server pop really low as of late, but personally I think the reason for it is consistent nerfs for criminals and the amount of cheaters that play.
I have some ideas that might get the player count up, but idk if it's even possible.
1. Add map rotations, Monoford is fun and all, but it just get's really stale. (already saw Tj speaking that they're interested in that which is good)
2. Stop nerfing cocaine, it's already hard to get kerosene I see no reason why the party thing was added with kerosene.
3. Getting some more EU staff would be also great, when staff are offline there is just a lot of cheating alts that get on and mass rdm. This usually happens at morning hours for EU player.
4. Most important thing is to listen what the community wants I think there should be at least like 1 community meeting every 2 months discussing what plans they have for the server, what they planning to release and ask players what they think about it. Because at the end of the day it's us who are playing and enjoying the game.

What I have stated above is not "Shitting on devs" or anything like that, it's just my thoughts that I wanted to share to see if people have the same opinion or not.

I really hope this discussion doesn't get locked for turning into a shit post.
I just want to go back to Rockford every once in a while man...

Neko.

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

FluffyGamer

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Just in general I want to say that while Monolith is not for say "dead", it is definitely not what it used to be player-wise. I'll save the long-hearted memories of when there were multiple servers or you would have to wait in a queue to play but overall it's just a bit sad to see the server where it is at this point. For many long-time players like me, we grew up on this server. I started playing in 8th Grade and I'm now applying to colleges and turning 18 in a few months. This server brought friends that I have talked to for years and memories that I will never forget. While I'm sure monolith has much more to come, that era I'm referring to is unfortunately one of the past which we can no longer dwell on but only appreciate that it existed.