Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: ibTravis
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:58623438
Your Character Name: Tray Bizzle

Target Steam Name: YoungHabby
Target SteamID: STEAM_0:1:122905120
Target Character Name (if known): SGT. Young / Pablo Young

Request Reason: While in the town square collecting pumpkins for the Halloween event, I received a $2000 citation from SGT. Young for 'illegally parked'. When I made contact with the sergeant he looked me in the eyes and made no verbal contact with me. I requested an explanation for the reasoning of the citation as I was WELL WITHIN THE LEGAL BOUNDARIES of Monoford law. Monoford law 1-9 states the following verbatim:

"It is an offense to park a vehicle fully on a sidewalk, or in a place that causes an obstruction or compromises safety or emergency vehicle accessibility to vital resources"

As you can see in the video provided, my vehicle was parked legally, although awkwardly, in a designated parking area identified by a blue-colored sign, with a 'P' insignia in bolded white text to identify the parking area. Additionally, the rear end of my vehicle was within the easement of the parking area and did not block any vehicle traffic whatsoever.

The actions by SGT. Young shows that oftentimes officers have no reasoning behind their actions, and anticipate no repercussions from their actions. This SGT not only solicited a false citation, but he also refused to give an explanation when confronted. After I concluded picking my pumpkins for the event, I drove to my place of employment the Monoford Police Department, went on duty, and requested to speak with SGT. Young about his actions. It is important to note that prior to meeting SGT. Young I drove to city hall and contested that citation, as any citizen of Monoford is allowed to do. Once I contested the citation I went to check the appeals to see if my request even went through, as it seems that officers' requests seem to never go through at certain business locations around the city. I did not review my own appeal request, as a Captain had already done so. I returned to the department where SGT. Young was waiting. I confronted the Sergeant about his actions and requested his articulation and what law he referenced when giving me a ticket. His response was "I always get $2000 tickets". He then hailed an administrator from the heavens and accused me of approving my own appeal request, and only going 10-8 to either demote him or give him strike points. During the length of our verbal conversation and prior to the administrators arrival, I did not once mention any threat of demotion or repercussions for his actions, only the reasoning behind them. The administrator forwarded me to the forums where I am now.

When did the situation occur?: 11/01/2022 @ 17:00 PST
Your evidence to support your claim: Additional members involved/witnessing: N/A

YoungHablo

Banned
Banned
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

this guy got a ticket hopped on cop and brought me into his office too talk about giving him a ticket
also on top of that probobaly got the chief too appeal his ticket
the car was sideways and illigally parked

ibTravis

Server Director
Server Director
Recruitment Team
Forum Moderator
Police Board
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

this guy got a ticket hopped on cop and brought me into his office too talk about giving him a ticket
also on top of that probobaly got the chief too appeal his ticket
the car was sideways and illigally parked
I requested to speak to you at the Police Department to get your reasoning behind issuing the citation, as I stated in my original post multiple times. The administrator on scene checked the logs and told you I did not accept my own appeal. The car was parked sideways, yes, but within the Monoford law 1-9 that sets the standard for how to legally park your vehicle. I requested you into the office for your reasoning, which I feel I must reiterate, and DID NOT initiate an investigation with the intention of serving you with a punishment. You issued an invalid citation that was double the defined maximum fine. Your actions, in my opinion, are more than worthy of investigation but not from me.

YoungHablo

Banned
Banned
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

the ticket was legit you were parked sideways and touching the curb the ticket is within the limit as the admin told u too

ibTravis

Server Director
Server Director
Recruitment Team
Forum Moderator
Police Board
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

the ticket was legit you were parked sideways and touching the curb the ticket is within the limit as the admin told u too
Will you please cite and reference in Monoford law which states a parked vehicle must be parallel parked while in a designated parking area? As seen in the video, the length of the parking easement is exponential compared to the length of my vehicle.

I do not believe that you can create laws on the fly and issue citations for whatever you feel is a violation of your opinion.

To reiterate, Monoford law states the following: "It is an offense to park a vehicle fully on a sidewalk, or in a place that causes an obstruction or compromises safety or emergency vehicle accessibility to vital resources". The associated fine with this citation is at the maximum, $1000. There is no explicit law that states a vehicle must be parked parallel while in a designated parking easement.

YoungHablo

Banned
Banned
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Like I said again you can’t just hop on cop and and waste my time in a cop sit and he was threatening too fire me when I called out jewelry raid and clearly died because I was speaking on the radio was shot mid way through my sentence

Hyper360

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Will you please cite and reference in Monoford law which states a parked vehicle must be parallel parked while in a designated parking area? As seen in the video, the length of the parking easement is exponential compared to the length of my vehicle.

I do not believe that you can create laws on the fly and issue citations for whatever you feel is a violation of your opinion.

To reiterate, Monoford law states the following: "It is an offense to park a vehicle fully on a sidewalk, or in a place that causes an obstruction or compromises safety or emergency vehicle accessibility to vital resources". The associated fine with this citation is at the maximum, $1000. There is no explicit law that states a vehicle must be parked parallel while in a designated parking easement.
I know I'm not a part of this report but, in which world "IRL" are you allowed to park sideways on parking space??? think before making a report, and if an admin told you that the ticket was O.K then make a staff report, also SGT Pablo does not need to give you a reasoning to a ticket on the spot lol.
And if you if you feel as the Monolith Government rules are "Unfair" or "Unlawful" make a report on forums about it, I'm sure someone will put that rule in. "Will you please cite and reference in Monoford law which states a parked vehicle must be parallel parked while in a designated parking area?"
Honestly as soon as I saw this report I was dumb founded that you took the time out of your day to make a report that could of been handled "In Character" lol

Austin Hunter

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Good afternoon,
We are currently discussing this as a command staff. There are a few things incorrect within the above.
I did not state that the amount was correct. I stated that if there was an issue after discussing this ticket, he should make a report if he felt it was wrong.

The following is the law that was in question:

1-9. It is an offense to park a vehicle fully on a sidewalk, or in a place that causes an
obstruction or compromises safety or emergency vehicle accessibility to vital
resources.

The following are authorized punishments:
● Obstruction or partial obstruction of a sidewalk, or walkway: A fine of
up to $1000
● Obstruction of a location that compromises safety or emergency
vehicle access, or access to vital resources: A fine of up to $2000.

Not everything can be covered by the law book; however, we are working to rectify this issue by a rewrite. Currently this is enforceable via in game permanent default law #3: All U.S. Traffic Laws apply to the city of Monoford. For simplicity I will include the current law which may be used in this case. Note the law is from California but recognized in most if not all states.

VEH DIVISION 11 - RULES OF THE ROAD CHAPTER 9 - Stopping, Standing, and Parking Section 22502.
(a) Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, a vehicle stopped or parked upon a roadway with adjacent curbs or class IV bikeways, as defined in Section 890.4 of the Streets and Highways Code, shall be stopped or parked with the right-hand wheels of the vehicle parallel to, and within 18 inches of, the right-hand curb or the right-hand edge of the class IV bikeway, except that a motorcycle shall be parked with at least one wheel or fender touching the right-hand curb or edge. If no curbs, barriers, or class IV bikeways bound a two-way roadway, right-hand parallel parking is required unless otherwise indicated.

The vehicle should be ticketed based on the parking as this area would be designated for "Parallel parking". That being said, we are working on updating the law book and will change this accordingly.

The vehicle should have been fined on the lower side of the scale; however, due to the parking being sideways as it was one could articulate the Fire Department having to get a different hose from their truck in order to extinguish a fire in the park. This could have been avoided by parking with the flow of traffic as if parallel parking. This was mainly decided due to the lack of lines designating parking in any way other than parallel.

While there is not a direct violation of any rule at the time of this report, the following change was made to the SOP:

8004. At no point in time will an officer of any rank handle an investigation that is involving themselves. Nor, shall an officer attempt to change, intimidate, harass, or discourage another officer from doing their job.
8004.1 Should an issue arise where one officer requests an investigation, they shall immediately report on the forums. They shall not involve themselves in the investigation by utilizing rank, position, or monetary gain to elicit a response from other involved parties.

Thank you for taking time to reply to this. Through your actions we are able to make the state better and better serve our citizens and officers through providing the best and most current information. Thank you again for your time and helping us to revise law and policy.​

Case Status: Closed, rectified situation via law reforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.