James Willow

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

I know, clicking on this you may think what on earth is this guy actually thinking? Hear me out.
I was chief the other day and there was a short time that no admins were on. the city burned. Literally.

So the procedure I thought might work would be like the mechanic. If a mechanic is on, they have to fix cars, but in the rare case that no mechanics are on, you pay to.
If there is a fire chief on, and no admins, from the dept. tablet the chief could clear fires for a cost of the city budget.

This is not my suggestion post, I want to hear you all's feedback and perspectives about this.

Nifae

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I could see it being viable if it wasn't able to be done when staff were on. The primary concern of allowing players to access commands like this is that they can be abused to get an advantage over other players ingame. Maybe, when no staff are on, the chief decides to only clear fires when his friend's base is in immediate danger from flames, bypass the roleplay involved and benefit his friend unfairly. Things like that are why suggestions to allow players access to commands like this are rarely implemented.

Lambsauce

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

The current fire system allows the spreading of fires to fast making it a serious problem especially if there's only one Firefighter on duty. A perfect example of this is fires at the clothing stores, by time you put one outlets fire out its some how speed outside through the wall and into the other rooms

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Not that bad of an idea honestly, but you’d have to make a suggestion

Yveltal

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

I agree with nifae , it's a good idea but it can be abuse and give other people advantage in some cases

Will.

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Only, and ONLY if there are zero staff on. That's just my .02

Wolv

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

-support... gives me lower chances at being able to catch fire and running into bank. Jk, it could work at sometimes but I don’t think it’s something that should be added, ruins rp.

Bryce

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV