JC Denton

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

I'm extensively tenured as both EMS Director and Fire Chief and have level 99 in both.
I've been noticing something alarming. Little to no cohesion within these services usually results in understaffing or in some cases, no staffing at all other than three medic interns running across the map. I feel like incentivizing the position with MUCH higher rates of pay is the only way to fix it, personally. Many people in EMS complain about not being able to afford food and water. With more fiscal security, I believe the server and the public service departments would benefit mutually and they wouldn't be the messes that they are.
I have three basic ideas and I'm not asking for all of them to be included.
1. Increase the bonuses earned from performing missions to the point where they're actually worth it.
2. Increase income by a rate of $5-$9 per level in public service jobs.
3. Flat 50% increase to the wages in place.

Kevin Hansen

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Actively healing and doing ur job not just keep healing going mission over and over, get xp/money moving and healing people somehow would be great. For EMS obvs.

ammeo

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

100% Support. I have more than 250 hours on the server as EMS and i know how bad the salaries are in public service . Salaries and bonuses in all public service jobs should be increased by at least 50%.

QuickSilver1937

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

+SUPPORT
The pay rates for all the jobs except Mayor or Sherrif are honestly just not worth it. I get that it incentivises the players to get higher up in the ranks but I honestly play it for fun now and not the money because you just don't notice the money coming in. I see what Kevin is saying tho with the missions but it's still not enough. Personally, my opinion on this is the pay for most of the jobs should not surpass any more than a 15% increase in pay.

Che'f Boyarte

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

No but they should not have to pay hospital bills as a form of benefits I dont like losing thousands of dollars around 5k whenever I die as a public job to never make it back.

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I'd go back to EMS if the hospital actually had life in it, it's just empty all the time. More jobs like doctors, nurses, surgeons or pharmacists would be cool because it would make things interesting. The suggestion I made (that later became the surgeon NPC, CPR and stretchers update back in paralake) had this and I still believe it would make EMS enjoyable.

Going back on topic to what OP is suggesting, I agree that higher pay would get more people to play gov jobs. I don’t think that’s the case with police, they get paid enough but I think new content is the solution for cops, not a pay raise.

Kevin Hansen

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

No but they should not have to pay hospital bills as a form of benefits I dont like losing thousands of dollars around 5k whenever I die as a public job to never make it back.
considering you make 400-600$ every 10 minutes and dying only would cost you 200-400 dollars its much lower but still a little if u die a lot as pd, ems, fire etc.

Alex Anderson

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

I'm sorry, but Doing this would make the EMS jobs the top paying jobs, they have the least risk involved if you're not downright careless, and if they increased wages by 50% on them, that'd make Fire chief the top paying job, above the mayor, the EMS director is not far behind. Quick thing to note: These are early game jobs, or jobs for roleplay, same thing as jobs like the mayor, you don't need an absurd amount of of lvls or money to become them, and if you have that and still become them don't complain because Of course the more endgame ways of making money will make more, a lot more

SKuLLzSKiLLz

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

They should be increased slightly to make them a viable way to make money but in no way should these be end game money making methods.

JC Denton

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

I'm sorry, but Doing this would make the EMS jobs the top paying jobs, they have the least risk involved if you're not downright careless, and if they increased wages by 50% on them, that'd make Fire chief the top paying job, above the mayor, the EMS director is not far behind. Quick thing to note: These are early game jobs, or jobs for roleplay, same thing as jobs like the mayor, you don't need an absurd amount of of lvls or money to become them, and if you have that and still become them don't complain because Of course the more endgame ways of making money will make more, a lot more

People aren't staying in these jobs because they aren't making enough and these don't have to be early game jobs. Your intentions with this post are mean spirited at best. There should be incentives to participate in a thankless job. Interns and cadets can't afford food. That should be changed. Roleplaying as an EMS is leagues more valuable in terms of interaction and involvement than couping yourself up in layer 2 and clicking on piles of dirt for hours on end.

Alex Anderson

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

People aren't staying in these jobs because they aren't making enough and these don't have to be early game jobs. Your intentions with this post are mean spirited at best. There should be incentives to participate in a thankless job. Interns and cadets can't afford food. That should be changed. Roleplaying as an EMS is leagues more valuable in terms of interaction and involvement than couping yourself up in layer 2 and clicking on piles of dirt for hours on end.
1. What was mean spirited about my post? In my opinion the most ANY job should be is a mid game job. I would also agree that farming is less valuable in terms of RP instead of being a job, but when you farm you're doing something important, you're taking away the need for monetary gain in your RP activities. Staff like Wright could explain this well, but the way many people known for good RP do it, is that they will grind up to having enough to waste guns, to waste stuff, and instead spend the time doing things like mugging people, or complaining about job taxes, they RP. For instance, when I'm a tow truck driver for the PD, I in no way will gain money from doing so, nothing compared to farming atleast, but it can add to RP. This concept of"RP must be awarding to your character in the same way FragRP"is, is in my opinion, just plain wrong.

JC Denton

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

1. What was mean spirited about my post? In my opinion the most ANY job should be is a mid game job. I would also agree that farming is less valuable in terms of RP instead of being a job, but when you farm you're doing something important, you're taking away the need for monetary gain in your RP activities. Staff like Wright could explain this well, but the way many people known for good RP do it, is that they will grind up to having enough to waste guns, to waste stuff, and instead spend the time doing things like mugging people, or complaining about job taxes, they RP. For instance, when I'm a tow truck driver for the PD, I in no way will gain money from doing so, nothing compared to farming atleast, but it can add to RP. This concept of"RP must be awarding to your character in the same way FragRP"is, is in my opinion, just plain wrong.

So those who put hours on end into roleplaying shouldn't be able to accumulate even a decent monetary base to approach the rest of the server with? Fire cadets, medic interns, and even mechanics get abused, threatened, and manipulated by FragRPers constantly and get nothing in return for it. You and I both know that these departments need some sort of adjustment to lift themselves out of their current state and I don't think you can object to that without arguing in bad faith.

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Money = Guns = Money
It’s an endless loop if you’re constantly grinding for money. The games not about how much money you own, or how many kills you have, it’s about having fun. Monetary gain is irrelevant too me and when I realized that money is only useful for some situations where you want to do something, I enjoyed the server a lot more.
Back on topic; being Fire and EMS can get boring sometimes as not much goes on. Nobody utilizes EMS unless they’re at 98hp and want 2hp. Personally, having a variety of jobs in certain sections would be great. With the PD, there’s tons of different jobs but they’re all the same except as you go up there’s more perks.
Expanding EMS could have to do with your monetary gain, your role in the department, and how often you get patients.
There’s been development on the trello about injuries and EMS related things. Nothing about new jobs yet.
Maybe replace NPC with a real player that goes through a sort of mini game while doing surgery?
NPC remains if none are on?
Also, this is general, not suggestions

Paul Mckittrick

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

I love EMS it’s one of my first experiences on the server and I’ll never forget it.
However I agree that a lack in pay has caused the establishment to lack at points.
Against that though, I agree with the top points; if it truly something you enjoy then maybe you don’t need all that extra money :)