Not open for further replies.

laxgoaliee

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: laxgoaliee
Your Steam ID: 76561198419563829
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Adam Smith

Admin being reported( Tag by writing @ before their forum name) @Trooper C. Winters

Reason for Report: Misreading Ban Appeal, Not clear reply
Time of Occurrence: 12:14 AM EST
Evidence to support your claim:

I believe Trooper honestly misread my ban appeal, I ask you let me explain.

Context: https://monolithservers.com/forums/threads/ban-appeal.36213/#post-217052

I'm confused on the this part on the response:

"After checking logs, I do see that you just joined the server. However, you picked up a Class A weapon from a bag, and a Law Enforcement Officer saw this and detained you. Now logs do not show the exact charges. But nonetheless, you committed a crime and, therefore were arrested for that crime."

I didn't argue this at all Trooper, this was irrelevant to my appeal and I only mentioned just joining and being arrested for context to the situation.

I would like to focus on the following quote:

"Now logs do not show the exact charges."

The above acknowledges that Trooper knows I was processed to jail. Again I should of been more descriptive in my initial reply but when the officer brought me up I alt+tab out of my game attempting to fix my microphone. After realizing it'd be easier to quit the game I alt+tab back in saw the jail counter running on the top of my screen and quit the game. It was after I hit quit I realized what had happened. The game instead of teleporting me to jail left me in the processing room and the cop cuffed me and was bringing me to the cells and I hadn't realized until after I hit quit and my Garry's Mod freezes for a couple of seconds.

In other words I should've been in Jail but the game glitched out and didn't send me. It's not against the rules to leave while you've been processed to jail.

The only relevant part of the reply was:

"I issued the ban because you disconnected during Police transport (In-Cuffs). It is against the rules to disconnect during an RP scenario."

And you are correct Trooper. My issue is this whole "RP scenario" after me being jailed should of never happened, and only happened because of a glitch in the games code which is proven by your quote: "Now logs do not show the exact charges." which shows you know I was jailed.

I think this whole thing was a giant misunderstanding, and I believe Trooper just made an honest mistake without realizing the full situation.

If you decide the keep the ban fine, but at least patch the glitch, as this whole ban situation only happened because of a glitch in the games code

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hello,

When you are jailed for 15 minutes or less you no longer get teleported to jail. So, this is not a glitch, thus the ban is valid.

There was no misuse of administrative powers in this situation.

Staff report denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.