Not open for further replies.

Samuel "Ace" Rothstien

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Samuel "Ace" Rothstien
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:93308811
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Sam Rothstien

Admin being reported: (Tag by writing @ before their forum name)
@Gamz
Reason for Report: I was advised to post a staff complaint by another staff member after I told him about the situation and warning point that ensued. I had accidentally struck a man with my car near the Contraband dealer next to the blue warehouse due to a lag spike I hit, I proceeded to apologize to him and did not take any of his belongings along with moving his body out of the line of sight. Around 30 min. later I was called to a sit about this, the man claimed I had intentionally VDMed him which I denied fervently. Gamz said very little to me during the sit and wasn't very clear or rational at all. He took a quick look at the video even with my testimony and just gave me a warning point without much else other than "It looked like it was intentional". I was being completely genuine and in the video you see my true feelings. I apologize for any disrespect I gave to the player during the situation and my cockiness at the end. I was quite heated at seeing my clean record being broken over a complete and genuine accident.

I mostly posted this because I received a warning point on my previously clean record, and I have nothing against Gamz but just the way he handled this sit.
Time of Occurrence: 5-10 PM EST - 9/20/18

Evidence to support your claim:

(My video of the general beginning of the sit when I started recording)

(His video of me hitting him with my Volvo which he deleted immediately after the sit, and was also cut to not include my apology that followed after he died.)

Additional members involved/witnessing:

I'm not aware of the person's name who was in the sit against me

Gamz

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

In the video that was uploaded for the sit it looked very much intentional that you ran him over. You pulled into the alley and turned straight into him. You proceed to blame hitting him due to a lag spike. If you would’ve provided evidence from your point of view showing said lag spike, the sit may have gone different. You claiming you had a lag spike with no evidence does not make you immune to punishment.

Also your video shows you communicating in a third party discord, which is against the rules, as well as your friend pming you in game trying to meta game.

Samuel "Ace" Rothstien

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Also your video shows you communicating in a third party discord, which is against the rules, as well as your friend pming you in game trying to meta game.
I can be in a call with friends that aren't in the game? I had informed them of what was going on beforehand and decided not to edit it out so you could see my genuine feelings. It's not my fault that he PMed me in a sit, take that up with him if it's truly a problem.

In the video that was uploaded for the sit it looked very much intentional that you ran him over. You pulled into the alley and turned straight into him.
Then why did he immediately delete this video and cut out my full apology afterward? I had no intention to run him over and I would gain nothing from running him over. You did not take my side truly into account and totally skipped a verbal warning because of your interpretation of the evidence.

1. When playing on the server, our Discord is the only allowed third-party program for communication - crews get their own channel only accessible to their members. It is prohibited to use the discord for IC communication, eg: sharing locations, agreeing on meetings, trades etc.
I was not using discord for IC communication.

Buddyro22

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

I still have the video, I haven't trashed my bin yet. Also I could not give one care about your apologie that fact is that you ran me over for no reason, which gave me the consequences of having to wait three minutes just to respond, and more time to go back to my car which was over at blue warehouse. So you had the audacity to complain in the sit that it was just a mistake and that I shouldn't have reported it even though you basically wasted my time which I could've been doing other productive things in the server rather then waiting for myself to respawn.

Last edited:

Samuel "Ace" Rothstien

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I still have the video, I haven't trashed my bin yet. Also I could not give one care about your apologie that fact is that you ran me over for no reason, which gave me the consequences of having to wait three minutes just to respond, and more time to go back to my car which was over at blue warehouse. So you had the audacity to complain in the sit that it was just a mistake and that I shouldn't have reported it even though you basically wasted my time which I could've been doing other productive things in the server rather then waiting for myself to respawn.
Then reupload the video, we already had this argument in the sit. The fact is that I should have gotten at most a verbal warning as I had no control over running you over. The video shows that.

Last edited:

Buddyro22

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

The video doesn't show you have no control, it shows you intentionally swerving in my direction. I'll only upload it if a staff member request to see it.

Samuel "Ace" Rothstien

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

The video doesn't show you have no control, it shows you intentionally swerving in my direction. I'll only upload it if a staff member request to see it.
If you hadn't maliciously cut the video then you see my sincere apology and explanation. I did not intentionally swerve to hit you, I hit a spike whilst turning into the direction of the alley and it wouldn't brake when I tried, therefore hitting you.

Buddyro22

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

The apology doesn't mean jack shit, the point is the VDM and fail driving. Also from my side I cannot see the "lag spike" just you blatantly swerving into me like Gamz saw. If you are lag spiking while driving maybe that's a sign that you should not be driving since another occurance can happen again and you will get warned for ANOTHER VDM.

Samuel "Ace" Rothstien

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Also from my side I cannot see the "lag spike" just you blatantly swerving into me like Gamz saw.
Well, that's your interpretation of it. I know I had no intention to hit you.

Tango

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Locking this so that CMs may review this with the information given.

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

@Buddyro22 upload the video you used as evidence, again.

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Evidence:

We do not accept "lag issues" as a reason. Even though you may have lagged and you say it was an accident you still VDMed him hence why the warning point was issued. Therefore, the warning point is valid.
Whenever you are lagging, you need to be careful when driving or not drive at all.

As it is stated in our rules page:
VDM - Vehicle Deathmatch - The process of killing people without valid In-Character reasons - just with a vehicle.

Additionally we do not allow friends/other witnesses to be part of sits unless they contribute with actual evidence.
Staff report denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.