WhiteTiger2643

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: WhiteTiger
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:94509962
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Jayden Manning

Admin being reported: (Tag by writing @ before their forum name) @Tristan

Reason for Report: Instantly banned me without checking past warns/bans for "FailRP", Doesn't know server rules and fails to hear my side of the story, and doesn't allow me to speak to a higher up.
Time of Occurrence: 5:30
Evidence to support your claim:
Additional members involved/witnessing: None

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

You are not allowed to ask for higher ups during an administrative situation, hence why he refused your request. The staff member that claims your report is the staff member that deals with it. Should that staff member deal with the situation incorrectly, you may report him on the forums.

The video you posted is not enough evidence to show he abused his powers. Would you mind uploading a video that shows the entire situation?

Failure to do so in 24 hours will result in this staff report being concluded.

Last edited:

Tristan

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

As PMX said, you didn't include the sit at all just me banning you. Maybe that's just when you started recording and I understand that.

Here's what happened:

White Tiger made a report that was non-descriptive stating just "Failrp cop". This alone would have caused any other staff member to immediately close your report with a response telling you to be more descriptive. I now wish I had done this instead of trying to help you, I like to think I'm a nice guy and try to take all the reports I can, as fast as I can. (You can see this at
this timestamp in the video.)

Upon accepting the report and teleporting to you for clarification, I find a fully uniformed officer with you sandwiched between his patrol car and spike strips and you sitting in your car. You're being loud and disorderly and talking out of character not trying to RP the situation at all. He's just standing there in character still with his gun equipped asking for you to leave the vehicle politely.

I ask you what's going on, you didn't say much more than what you did in your report. The cop said that you had rammed him and possibly another car head on while driving on the wrong side of the road. I begin to explain to you that, this is a valid reason to pull you over and that he is in fact not FailRPing, but you are. (You may have got Fail Driving as well if you'd have just let the sit continue.)

I explained to you what you were doing wrong politely, trying my best not to match your ridiculous behavior, all the while you yelled over me and shouted that the rule I was telling you was incorrect. When I kicked you from the vehicle because I wanted to try and take you to a roof to calm you down and discuss the rules, you began walking away from the sit and made a comment about me being just a retarded mod and that you need a staff member that wasn't.

At that point I lost all patience for your ridiculousness, and that's when I banned you for a short while for you to cool off because you obviously didn't want to play. The upper staff that you thought would swoop in and help you would have closed your report, they would have also banned you for much longer for your behavior. Not doing that is the only thing I did wrong in this situation.

If anything your ban should be extended, for wasting my time and everyone that has to be involved with you now. You acted like a child throwing a temper tantrum. Shouting over me, using playground insults, and becoming absolutely unreasonable and inconsolable within the 2 minutes the sit lasted.

Also, should I add lying to staff to the ban? "Doesn't know server rules and fails to hear my side of the story". I tried talking to you multiple times, and here's the rules you were breaking when we initially met:

"[2.4] FearRP

1. You must correctly follow FearRP when a situation calls for it, such as when you are being held at gunpoint. Roleplay should reflect on how you would approach a similar situation in real-life.

4. You can only be put under FearRP by individuals within your close vicinity (Voice Range).

5. When any police deputies have you at gunpoint, FearRP applies at all times. This however excludes Detectives.

6. FearRP only applies for vehicles if the driver is placed at gunpoint by the driver-side window. Any other instance does not constitute FearRP for the driver, and the driver and the vehicles passengers may flee.

7. When under FearRP, you must obey orders given to you as long as they are within server rules."

- https://monolithservers.com/forums/threads/monolith-rp-server-rules.180/

All of these applied to you and your situation.

I won't be posting again unless I need to. This will not become a flame war that wastes anymore of staff's time.

PS: Thanks for the video, here's some evidence against you:

1st Picture: The cop at the beginning of the video with his gun out and your vehicle arrangement with the drivers side facing him.

2nd Picture: The non-descript report you made.

Screenshot (1).jpg

Screenshot (2).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Thy

WhiteTiger2643

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

But a full day ban for one count of "failrp" I've seen people in the past get banned for only an hour for that type of stuff lmao

Gregg

Monolith Legend

Years of Mono

LV

Good afternoon,

Upon review of this report, I do not see any misconduct on Tristan's behalf. While I understand the frustration, and the basis of this report founded upon the ban time being issued being too severe in your eyes, but ban times are to our staff members discretion. I personally do not see an issue with a player, who has had run in's with staff in the past for rule violations, receiving a 1 day ban for FearRP for a subsequent punishment.

Now this does not mean I am in full support of more severe punishments, I myself prefer for coaching, teaching, or mentoring players to better themselves before moving to severe punishments. But this is nowhere near a severe punishment, and in fact, this is pretty lite for the circumstances at hand. What Tristan did here is in no way a violation of any staff protocols. He does not have to supply a higher staff member upon demand, and he did nothing wrong in any of the evidence provided.

Staff report concluded.

Lola Meid

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Based on this staff report I am increasing your ban to 5 days due to excessive disrespect and misbehavior. No appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.