Orang3 Man

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

A description of your technical issue: When I load into the server, it does all the lua stuff and then it just puts me in this loop (Picture below) for about a half hour until it tells me I lost connection to the server, it doesn't let me leave the server or Garry's Mod at all, the only way to close out of it is force closing GMod through Task Manager
image0.jpg
Has it happened before?: Yes
Extraneous details/description:
Have you checked “solved” for your issue?:
Yes

Last edited:

Hector

Banned
Banned
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Are you using the chromium branch? This used to happen to me when I used it. If so, switch to the regular branch.

heater

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Event Team
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Type "Retry" in console and it should help, the reasoning it does this is because when you attempt to connect to the server a connection isn't established completely and it fails to join the server completely and you know this when there's a bunch of Red Text in your console explaining that there was an error of some sort.

Solution; before connecting to the server try verifying integrity on Garry's Mod, Better Internet or Using a Network LAN

Orang3 Man

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Are you using the chromium branch? This used to happen to me when I used it. If so, switch to the regular branch.
Yes but it helps boost performance

Orang3 Man

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Type "Retry" in console and it should help, the reasoning it does this is because when you attempt to connect to the server a connection isn't established completely and it fails to join the server completely and you know this when there's a bunch of Red Text in your console explaining that there was an error of some sort.

Solution; before connecting to the server try verifying integrity on Garry's Mod, Better Internet or Using a Network LAN
When should I try typing that into console? It doesn't allow me to use it when I'm on that screen
Edit: Did not work

Last edited:

heater

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Event Team
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

When should I try typing that into console? It doesn't allow me to use it when I'm on that screen
Keep trying eventually it will work, like said the reason it happens is because a either short or long disconnection that kicks you from the server.

TorkyJ

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

When it says lost connection to server

m0ny

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

unsubsribe from all addons, load up the game without addons and connect. If it works then close out garrysmod and install addons again. I believe that was the fix that worked for me.

Last edited:

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Moved to solved