Status
Not open for further replies.

dietfx

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I have a potential fix for the famous resource/fonts/ugficons.ttf error that's causing people to crash.

I've tried so many things. Reinstalling, restarting pc, adding it to exceptions, running the chromium version, uninstalling all my addons, clearing my cache and none of it worked.

What I did was run the game in the 64-bit beta. Just go to your betas for GMod through properties > betas, and then join the 64-bit beta for GMod.

Currently getting past this issue and joining the server. Hope this helps at least someone.

UnbracedCoder

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

It still wouldn't work for me I didn't know if you had any other ideas

samtreecare

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Hello,

I do not recommend you use the 64-bit version. It may improve performance, but you will suffer a lot more random crashes.

Is your game crashing back to desktop or freezing?

samtreecare

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

dietfx

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Hello,

I do not recommend you use the 64-bit version. It may improve performance, but you will suffer a lot more random crashes.

Is your game crashing back to desktop or freezing?
You are right that it's extremely unstable but it's the only way I can at least connect to the server. I still do get random crashes and my fps peaks on the server at 25. Every other server runs perfectly fine for me and I'm not sure how to get around this and join on the 32-bit version. I don't know a workaround for it so I can't connect any other way. It sucks because that single file is fucking a lot of people up and there's no clear answer to it.

dietfx

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

You simply need to wait. This happens to me every time I log on. It freezes for around five or so minutes.

Hope this helps.
Mine just CTD's me and doesn't dump anything to the crash logs folder.

UnbracedCoder

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

i sorta found a way to bypass it but now im stuck on a map thing but all i did was copy one of the fonts then make a new file of the useles font and named it the ugfi and now its not stuck on that but stuck on maps/graphs/rp/truenorth_v1a_mrp.ain

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

64 bit Garry's Mod increases performance, but is unstable.

UnbracedCoder

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

well i take back what i said it doesnt just freeze and it closes it actually crashed and closed itself this time sooooooooo

Jake Ortiz

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Here is the fix that I found that works:

1. Right click on Garry's Mod and hit Properties

2. Go to Betas on the far top right.

3. Click the box that says "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs" then pick "chromium -"

4. Your game will still stop when loading on that file (resource/fonts/ugficons.ttf ) but if you give it like three(3) to five(5) minutes it should work.

Disclaimer - Upon popular beliefs about using a beta version, when you are running a beta version of Garry's Mod it does not make my game and should not make your game get any lower frames per second(FPS) In addition to that you should not experience random crashes at any time as I have not crashed once using this beta version.

Glad I Could Help!
Jake Ortiz

Status
Not open for further replies.