Status
Not open for further replies.

Steady

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's yours truly;
Steady

the most sculptured, best, handsome, elegant, hot and sexy man to ever step on monolith.
and you all know it.

I would like the present a change that would be a healthy, wise and smart decision for the development/community team to do. I hate to say it, and before I say don't shoot the messenger; BUT the server has had not that many players on it for quite a while now. And in my opinion the map truly matters in the players hearts. Believe me or not but me and the majority (3 People Troll_emoji) have studied thoroughly throughout the maps that monolith has rotated through for the past couple of years going from Truenorth to Monoford and all that shabang.

And the answer to the ultimate question is:

PARALAKE

I genuinely believe with a good heart, that Paralake would change monolith for the better. The map is smaller and by all means much much better than southside. I would definitely see a good change with this and I think it would make most of the people genuinely more eager to play on monolith again. Please think this through and give some feedback on this suggestion, I would also love to hear some of the suggestions you guys have.

Zamiinal

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Paralake is a good idea, since southside (the current map), is an ideal size but most of the buildings are unusable, therefore there's only like 7, 8 houses, 6 factories and about 20 hotel rooms. Paralake is the perfect switch as it fixes this problem. :) +rep

The_Meaning

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Would love this idea Paralake was always a good time! Some of the best moments were created on that map all the roleplay potential !

Official Car Mechanic

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Would love to see Monolith return to Paralake. Amazing map with lots of potential.

Hatchet Tazz

Banned
Banned
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

With the current server size, I wouldn't mind a smaller map like Rockford again.

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Truenorth or paralake

Pi31415

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

would def play again if it was paralake

Steady

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Would love this idea Paralake was always a good time! Some of the best moments were created on that map all the roleplay potential !
I am very sure most of the Playerbase have LOVED the map! Including me. It was a very nice, easily adaptable and easy to learn map which makes beginners feel more comfortable running around the map getting to know stuff. Everything is spaced out nicely to a nice proportion to a size that monolith currently has and I think it would have a lot of potential running it again.

Paralake is a good idea, since southside (the current map), is an ideal size but most of the buildings are unusable, therefore there's only like 7, 8 houses, 6 factories and about 20 hotel rooms. Paralake is the perfect switch as it fixes this problem. :) +rep
Very fair point here. Southside currently doesn't really offer much of a space for skillsets like mining, woodcutting and most importantly farming. Not many of the houses are really habitable as their easily determined to get raided quite quickly if someone catches a whiff of you basing in there. Paralake would offer a different perspective of such. Simple roads, very strong houses that are easily defendable and give more sense of security for the people who aren't so sure about new things like making weed, meth, cocaine so on and so forth!

With the current server size, I wouldn't mind a smaller map like Rockford again.
Don't get me wrong, Rockford is an amazing map but I believe it's a bit outdated now. I also wouldn't mind feeling Rockford again but I feel like Paralake could be a better fit for the better of the server.

Truenorth or paralake
In my honest opinion, I think the 2 Layer Map Truenorth would be a bit overwhelming for a small server like monolith right now. I would love to see the playerbase come back at large but there can only be such little hope with what they bring in the next update. Don't get me wrong Monolith is a great server with its unique playstyle and assets. But I would love to see Paralake more than Truenorth.

I thank you all for the nice feedback and I really hope that the Developers and the Community management also sees the point I am trying to make here. Paralake was one of my top 3 maps of all time on Garry's Mod and I am very sure many people especially from monolith can agree with me on this.

Mak

Top Fragger 2023
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

do paralake and bring back fridges

Jaffar Mahmud

Monolith Grinder
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I agree Paralake should be brought back. It would probably be good for the pop of the server. Plus everyone loved paralake and it might bring alot of new players

toohightogame

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

1683327157632.pngParalake is where I first played Mono. I'd love to see it come back!

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

In my honest opinion, I think the 2 Layer Map Truenorth would be a bit overwhelming for a small server like monolith right now. I would love to see the playerbase come back at large but there can only be such little hope with what they bring in the next update. Don't get me wrong Monolith is a great server with its unique playstyle and assets. But I would love to see Paralake more than Truenorth.
Yeah i get that id prefer paralake but truenorth would be nice for a future option if server gets more pop.

Slick ♔

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Truenorth > Paralake

heater

Monolith Veteran
Senior Moderator
Event Team
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

+support
truenorth please!!

Can we have a community vote on which map please?

Steady

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

The_Meaning

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

If the map changes back to truenorth you will see the server hit zero pop just like it did back in the day that map ruined monolith no cap

heater

Monolith Veteran
Senior Moderator
Event Team
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

If the map changes back to truenorth you will see the server hit zero pop just like it did back in the day that map ruined monolith no cap
Wym? Last I remember Truenorth there was 100+ peeps back in the day

Status
Not open for further replies.