Description of suggestion:1) Budget. Considering police either drain their money in 0.001 seconds after new budget has been added, I think the police budget should get an addition. Whenever police ticket someone, arrest someone or confesticate an item the money from that should be added to the police budget.
For example: *Lt. Washington gives a ticket to a civilian for jay walking. The ticket in total costs the man a total of $200. After the ticket is payed, the police budget gains $200.*
(Could be applied for other things of the PD, not sure about the other things)
2) Tickets should be persistant. Simple as that. Get a ticket and it stays untill it gets paid.
3) Police should get a sort of 'boot' to stop the car of a ticketed or wanted man from driving off. If someone gets a ticket or gets warranted any police officer should be able to place a boot on a car to stop it from going. Of course, when the ticket is paid or the warrant goes the boot should instantly go aswell.
4) Small but not useless: Make the ticket max fine amount 10k. This is more to combine with the other additons.
Reason why it should be added: 1) I think we've all seen this problem. The mayor doesn't give enough money to the already severe money spenders of the police department resulting in angry cops and people claiming the mayor is corrupt. Also, an issue I have a lot is when there is no mayor at all. You have to spend money on your own guns and equipment which you'll possibly lose. Having an always budgety budget will keep that annoying thing from happening.
Finally, ticket money doesn't go anywhere which is a bit unrealistic. It's also not customary that the police officer that confesticates an illegal weapon or bank robbing equipment keep money from it.
2) People can easily just log in and out to get their ticket cleared. It's one of the reasons tickets are assumed pretty much useless.
3) Same here. Tickets are pretty much useless and this will help make them more usefull. As people can just keep driving their car untill they log off and then not get anything bad out of the ticket. It'll also make things more realistic.
4) Sort of paired with the rest. Tickets should be worse than just hey didnt appreciate ya killing 20 people with your car just pay 10 dollars. Especially if ticket prices contibute to the budget, the current low max is not enough. The police chief could even coördinate the department if there's not enough budget. If nobody can pay for their guns or want to go on a spending spree the chief can order them to increase their ticket prices to fill up the budget.
All in all I think these suggestions could really make tickets great and realistic. It will also fix some of the annoyances. But overall this would make the police department more realistic.
It's not extremely complex either and, though I don't know a lot about coding, I doubt it's a lot/hard to code in.
Related content:None really. It's all based around the current skeleton.