Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinger

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Once again I return to post more suggestions from what I noticed.

================
Police
================
People have no benefit from joining or working for the police department, in my opinion. The only benefit they get is the fact they get free cars.

There is almost nothing the Pd can do against an individual with class 2 or 3 unless they possess god.

Police pay more for equipment because they die more frequently than ordinary civilians. Police members get abusive paychecks that don't even help cover equipment replacements.

My suggestion is at least provide a free starting weapon or a higher pay check to cover the equipment replacements
================
Mining
================
I am disappointed that anyone even considering starting the server would have to deal with trying to become a high level miner with only one stone rock.

You should be ashamed of yourself for not even considering this.
================
Backround NPC's
================
Something that kinda will make this server feel active is backround NPCs.

There is an mod on steam for it witch can both add Police, Civils, and criminals.

Mod link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2341497926&searchtext=Fill+the+world
Add on (Change NPC clothing): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=654132664
Add on (Change Police Clothing): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfi...3&searchtext=Background+NPCs+-+Fill+the+world

Brent Skeng

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Inappropriate Behavior/Content - Be kind to one another.
[Removed by Forum Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

BigPapaMilk

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I'll give my thoughts and opinions on this:
People have no benefit from joining or working for the police department, in my opinion. The only benefit they get is the fact they get free cars.
This of course is a matter of opinion, I feel most players that RP as PD is more for fun, than any "benefits" that RPing as PD may provide

There is almost nothing the Pd can do against an individual with class 2 or 3 unless they possess god.
Well, along with being partially a skill issue, the weaponry most PD is able to purchase isn't great, but IRL you don't typically see an average officer or sergeant walking around with a fully automatic assault weapon with a 40mm grenade launcher, or a semi-automatic .50 caliber rifle capable of blasting baseball sized holes through metal, cars, and flesh alike. Hence why these weapons are reserved for S.W.A.T. which, btw, stands for Special Weapons and Tactics, hence why they are the ones with access to this specialized weaponry. IMO I don't even agree with anyone other than S.W.A.T. having access to full auto, but that's just me (however it is more balanced that higher ranks do have access to weapons such as the M4 and other full auto weapons, it just isn't super realistic)

Police pay more for equipment because they die more frequently than ordinary civilians. Police members get abusive paychecks that don't even help cover equipment replacements.

My suggestion is at least provide a free starting weapon or a higher pay check to cover the equipment replacements
I agree, PD tends to die more quickly than average civilians, I don't think the paychecks are bad necessarily, but aside from maybe chief, I don't think many people play PD for the paycheck, they play for the experience and for fun. As for raising the paychecks, I will -support that. However, for providing a simple starting weapon such as the P99 I would +support that for Police Officer I and higher, however, I do believe PMX told you in a recent suggestion that it's not gonna happen, so I wouldn't expect anything different out of this.

Mining
================
I am disappointed that anyone even considering starting the server would have to deal with trying to become a high level miner with only one stone rock.

You should be ashamed of yourself for not even considering this.
Okay, clearly you have never been a developer of something large-scale, as the way you are addressing the developer(s) here is disrespectful and unacceptable.
As for what you are trying to say here, yeah one stone node isn't exactly ideal, however, mistakes happen and I'm almost certain only 1 stone node wasn't intentional, either that or you just simply missed the other one. Even if our development team did this intentionally, there are much better ways to address this than stating they should be ashamed of themselves, that's just not acceptable. Sorry.

Backround NPC's
================

There is an mod on steam for it witch can both add Police, Civils, and criminals.
As for this, could you elaborate on what exactly you mean by "Background NPC's"
Do you mean like more NPC's you can interact with such as vendors and job NPC's as we currently have? Or do you mean like roaming NPC's, like NPC's that just roam around or stay stationary to add a livelihood to the server?

Overall, you bring up some pretty good points, I'm sure our Police Supervisor Team would love some TLC for the Police Department as well. However, I think you may have missed the point of playing PD, I mean none of this in any disrespectful way.

Anyways, I enjoy reading your suggestions, you seem to put a lot more "content" into them than a lot of them that I read

Zinger

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

@BigPapaMilk

The Background NPC's is an mod that add NPC Civils that will walk around... Say voice lines, and generally add a feel of life to the city but they could call in the NPC police officers. They are known to walk in roads.

The real things that can be added for a challenge are Gangsters and Police The gangster NPCs will normally walk around armed... But can be impulsive and start random fights with other NPC's or players.

The downside to gangsters is that they will attack randomly, causing frustration.

The police NPCs will walk around ensuring no one is harming anyone. They can call in more heavy troops if more deaths occur.

The downside of the NPC police is that they may target self-defense. The NPCs do not know how to distinguish human police.

Zinger

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

And at the time I had written about the suggestions I was pissed off because of rdm. So I apologize for that

SammyZZ

Monolith Rookie
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I'll start of by saying the background NPCs is a neat gimmick, but would go absolutely terribly. It also feels incredibly Dark-RP esque. If there's any form of it I'd be interested in seeing, maybe a few NPC taxis that drive around, though I understand with source nodes that could be extremely complicated and potentially even laggy.

As stated previously, most don't play PD for the paycheck. As for buffing the paycheck, I actually make loads of money on both Lt. and Captain even on harsher times where I've died upwards of 14+ times in an hour or two. I'm seeing less and less overall PD players, it's entirely feasible to rank up a little bit more and play Lt. or probably even Captain whenever you wish and make good bits of money.

And yes, dying to people with class 3's is a pain for PD players, but, yes; It is a skill issue. Every time I die, it has been because I failed to consider some major thing. I shouldn't have gotten so close, I shouldn't have turned my back to this person for as long as I did, I shouldn't have trusted them as much, or I should've positioned myself behind better cover in the event of ambush. This is something police do irl, and if you remember to do these things you will actually tend to win most gunfights (assuming they didn't bring their entire squad and you're the only officer on). It can be annoying to literally only be in gunfights, but, that's just part of the job. You deal with the general public of the server: The general public really enjoys shooting at the police. That's just how it is.

Free starting weapons has been covered by numerous other suggestions, and the general consensus is it'd hurt more than it'd help. At best, give them the option to get a free sidearm, but forcing people to spawn with one isn't generally liked by most from what I can tell.

The only thing I can really add to this beyond what you've stated, is maybe give the PD more non-lethal equipment? The ONLY two options the PD has is taze, or shoot. That's it. If a person resists, or comes running at you with a knife, or tries to flee. You can't tackle them and handcuff them, you can't disorient them in any way. You either have to pull a taser quick enough, hit your shot with it, and hope they don't have a buddy already coming; Or you have to pull your sidearm and shoot them. So now, either you let them sit there dead, irritating the person because they have to wait through the entire timer (which I don't see as necessarily bad, it's a consequence of them trying to kill a police officer), or you have to use your own money to adrenaline them. In the off-chance EMS is actually on, there's a good chance they're either using the job to get a paycheck while they dick around with their friends, they're AFK, they're dealing with NPC missions because they're new and don't even know where you are if they bothered responding in the first place... and so on. And even then, assuming EMS is actually there, willing to help, know where you are, and you get them to the hospital and revive them, guess what. You'll walk out of the hospital to 7 of their friends waiting to free them.
Most of this could be avoided by having some other way to take them down, being more reliable than a taser and less-lethal than straight up killing them, although I'm not quite sure what we'd have to fill in that void.
I honestly feel like this could make people more inclined to play PD. Newer PD players will get frustrated from dying so often, senior PD members rely on their guns too often (mainly because they're forced to), and the server overall would be less chaotic (and thus less harsh to newer players) if PD was more active.

thekylevanhorn

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I agree with the one stone rock just like one try to cut. New players dont like to wait on stuff like that.

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hello,

We have added additional mining and wood resources for new players to start their journey more easily.

The budget system should cover the money for the weapons. However, no weapons (realistically speaking) are obtained for free. Furthermore, this ensures there is balance.

That idea is interesting but we are not going that route right now, as we have other things to focus on.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.