Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurra

Community Director
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hi everyone,

Summer - the time of freedom - has benefitted us a great deal. Freedom over time for you to enjoy everything our community has to offer, and freedom for us to finally develop and launch a major interactive server update of a scale unseen since last year. And in difference from last year, we have had plenty of time to lay the foundation for this update and the enthusiasm around it - we've optimised the server, defeated CrashRP, and fixed numerous bugs and exploits. One concern has been having enough administrative staff for a growing player base, but we have worked hard to hire more diligent people to the team, and hope anyone of you who want to contribute and feel confident will consider applying.

Update 4.0

4.0 - the update you all have heard and seen much of, was finally launched two weeks ago. It featured the long-planned "Real-Estate System" which lets you invest in ownership of properties for a month, that you can rent out to other players - both when you are online and offline.

vZQyAPF.png

It also added a new layer to the resource and crafting elements of our game mode - factories. In combination with the real-estate system, you can invest in factories and produce refined materials required to craft items like weapons. MonoMarket has been improved, and the idea is that there will be an economy through it based on supply and demand that empowers weapon crafting and distribution.

mCDEk.png

In subsequent updates, we will introduce a furniture system, where you can purchase permanent furniture that you can save and place in your accomodation.

There are so many more changes this update brings - a revived "Bounty Board", a new EMS and medical system, a new interactive emergency report app, new farming features, new gorgeous UI elements, fixes, optimisation and important adjustments that improve your experience. And of course, the map switch to Paralake. It's a large, well-optimised map with proper roads, water and plenty of opportunity.

PxoJRzU.jpg

We have intensely fixed broken parts of the update since its release, and the server is quite stable at the moment. However, please make sure to report any issues that you come across on Discord and the forums, and please suggest adjustments to improve the changes! Surely, with all new systems coming in place, your contribution in creating guides for other players will be immensely helpful to the community as well. In fact, we will give out a month's free Premium to one author of an exceptionally good and useful guide created from now until the 10th of August!

Summer Sale
To celebrate this update and summer, we have decided to launch a major Premium sale until the 6th of August. Head over to the Store page and enter 'SUMMER18' as a coupon on checkout at the Store page for 50% off one month of Premium Membership.

We also want to give a big shoutout to all current Premium Members. Since July last year, we have gained over 37 000 USD (after payment processing fees are deducted!) by their support. Their collective contribution is hard to underestimate - not only does it pay the bills and keep our community alive, but it also allows us to invest in larger and more ambitious updates for the community. I'm confident that our most ambitious and significant updates/projects are still in the future, and only with your financial support, will we afford to make them a reality. There are some truly amazing opportunities ahead, and if we're successful, you all stand to experience something that's clearly on a whole new level in due time.

Premium Giveaway

Time for a Premium giveaway! This time we're giving away a month of Premium Membership to 5 people!

This one is real simple. To participate you need to follow these two steps:

1. Join Monolith Servers' Steam group here: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/MonolithServers

2. Click on 'Invite Friends', select 'All' friends, click 'Invite to "Monolith Servers"'

vV6AaVA.jpg

RDLVewp.png

tB8pokE.png

We will see every individual invite you send out and whether it's successful or not. Your chances will increase of winning if you invite many and if the invites are successful in making people join. 10 August, we will announce the 5 lucky winners!

Summer Events
With the spare time that comes with the remainder of the summer, we have the capacity to plan and host some major events on the server. These will involve the whole server, and hopefully be of a both competitive and proper RP nature - interesting storylines and intense gameplay with high stakes. Stay tuned!

Map Development
We also want to give you an update on codename "Monoford" - our custom map. Its development has been going too slow, and we're really not satisfied with that fact. With that said, we haven't given up on it. In fact, there's some solid progress and hopefully the speed of its development can increase considerably in the future.

20180707022434_1.jpg

Going forward
Something truly unique and revolutionary that challenges the status quo for the benefit of all you players. That's what this project and its vision have always been about. Starting it involved significant risk and there were many doubters - including at times, ourselves. We're no longer an underdog among Garry's Mod communities, but a leader in our scene. Our vision and mindset remains the same nevertheless. We refuse to take our success for granted or become complacent, and look forward to take on new risky frontiers and continually challenge ourselves and the established. As we head forward on this journey now, it's not just me and a few developers walking the road alone like in our early days; but a large, vibrant community with a strong culture valuing aspiration, achievement and tenacity - strengthened by the challenges and experience that we have endured together. We are well-positioned to embrace this journey, and look forward to continuing it with you support!

Ice

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

To think that's it's already been a year since I've joined the server. Monolith has had it's ups and downs ever since I started playing, however in the end it still managed to keep myself and other players wanting to come back for more. I look forward to what the dev team has planned for the future.

8B1T

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Everything seems amazing, I cannot phantom how far Monolith has come. I personally cannot wait to see what the future holds in store especially since S&box is in production, I would like to thank everyone (including the media team) for providing such great content.

Tyro

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

There's nothing like Monolith anywhere its a truly special server with a unique experience no other RP server can offer and i'm still proud to be with this community. As for the trailer i'm a bit disappointed i think the Rockford Trailer was much better the trailer here while has good editing has a wrong choice and soundtrack and doesn't really focus on the new elements of the update and instead just focuses on gun fights leaving new players confused and not really wanting to see more but still great work to Hazza

Agam

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Those dudes in the bank shooting at nothing

Colonel Cookie

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Forget everything.

I Hoped for a Paralake trailer. I Got a Paralake trailer. I Love you Hazza

Gamz

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Love the constant development for the server. No other Garry's Mod server is comparable to Monolith.

John Buck

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

Didn't think I would start playing gmod again with 2000 hours until I came into monolith, I had a shared account.

Bobby Hive

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I'm happy to be one of those contributors to premium and how it has gained a large sum of money over the year. Its also great to be apart of this server that does jot slow down and improves almost every week. I assume there more good things to come but its still a great experience!!!

KillerZebra

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

The paramedic didn't put on his seat belt!!!!

Bulaveira

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

@Stuvi go on a vacation in greece for 2 weeks, im going there for a week (5-12 august).

deleted_user_574

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Wow. Amazing thread full of amazing developments.

@Hazza that teaser was sick, I definitely can say I like it better that Hawke's

The development team (Too many to tag) are making so many positive steps to improve the server gameplay and roleplay. One of the reasons I left was because I was bored and now because they are bringing so many new features in, a skill which many other servers lack or don't have the capacity to do, I can enjoy the server again. I couldn't thank them enough for this.

That apartment building looks very nice. We have a skilled team of mappers working on the new map and it will greatly improve the servers gameplay to how we want it to run. I'd like to thank the mapping team for working so hard on this and making it a really unique map!

I'd also like to thank @Gurrazor for running this community with generosity which is another skill that other community owners struggle to achieve but Gurrazor does with his Premium giveaways and discounts which happen quite frequently!

Last I'd like to thank the staff team, any resigned staff members, and members of the community who are still here or who have left for making the experience on Monolith amazing. It wouldn't have happened without you!

ty b

Tyro

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I found this server through JMW Films video
at the time i hadn't played Gmod for a good 4 months as i was a War Thunder and Unturned Fanboy at the time but i decided to give it a try and that's when i got hooked

Why don't everybody here say how they found the server

[Snow] Tyler

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

CRAZY ITS BEEN A YEAR SINCE I STARTED PLAYING AND HOW MUCH IT HAS CHANGED I REMBER WHEN I WAS GRWOING WEED IN 315 AND COPS RAIDED ME AND MY FRIENDS AND IT WAS JUST REALLY FUN EVEN THO I GET INTROUBLE ALOT

Dope

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

This update might make it worth it for me to get back on and grind till I’m one of the richest again, love the progress and can’t wait to come back

Status
Not open for further replies.