bkgamerbug

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I feel like having SWAT just be able to patrol whenever and however they want is a bit much its a city rp not a military state. Having the bearcat just rolling around participating in pursuits and issues as such that don't require the heavy firepower that the SWAT members are meant to provide is absolutely ridiculous and i think that it should be made a staff matter not just a police chief matter especially when the police chief wont do his job half of the time.

Bryce

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Hey there guy,
It often times DOES become a staff matter as SWAT isnt really allowed to patrol UNLESS a state of emergency is declared. In which case, IRL, SRT teams would absolutely be roaming the streets (though would absolutely not be participating in pursuits). Also, any situation at any time that COULD turn violent IRL typically warrants a SRT deployment. I agree with you on the police chases, 100 percent no argument. However, I rarely ever see them participating in any events that they would'nt be necessary for. Based on my own time as a IRL Officer, I have indeed seen SWAT teams setting up road checkpoints and gearing up for high risk warrants and drug raids. And even so, it's pretty slick to have a SWAT member roll up to a vehicle and force the wanted driver tf out quick, because that also happens IRL.

Bryce

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

And regarding the heavy firepower, that isnt always their greatest asset to them. One of the strongest ways to use the SWAT team is for nothing more than that battering ram to open the door quick, or bust that driver out of the car safely. If we made it a staff issue, or a whitelist, you'd be saying goodbye to a good amount of the player base since quick and effective deployment would be out of the question. Leaving it up to the Chief still seems the most realistic especially considering the admin team DOES involved themselves from time to time to tell the tac teams to cool it.

bkgamerbug

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Well see theres the issue there was a SWAT unit patrolling for like 3 hours and most of the time they were just in the way or driving like morons. i asked pd to disband them if possible and they didnt respond so i asked the admins to disband them and PMX just said no thats an IC issue etc etc so what am i supposed to do when the SWAT are just being idiots and the chief wont do anything.

Joe Harvest

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I feel like having SWAT just be able to patrol whenever and however they want is a bit much its a city rp not a military state. Having the bearcat just rolling around participating in pursuits and issues as such that don't require the heavy firepower that the SWAT members are meant to provide is absolutely ridiculous and i think that it should be made a staff matter not just a police chief matter especially when the police chief wont do his job half of the time.

It's already a rule that people break occasionally anyway.